You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Marshall University
Started by Lawpy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DefinitelyNotAPenguin
Full Member
Do you recall the other dates? I'm really hoping for one here soon!II this week! Dates for this month available. Really excited about this one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
Nah, they're interviewing OOS only throughout this month from what they said during the interview.Do you recall the other dates? I'm really hoping for one here soon!
Do you recall the other dates? I'm really hoping for one here soon!
Up to the last weekend of the month, if I recall correctly.
They interview every Saturday, I believe, but only give you a couple options.
Up to the last weekend of the month, if I recall correctly.
They interview every Saturday, I believe, but only give you a couple options.
Yeah I was sent all the Saturdays of January, and pretty sure that’s it aka none in February. They said most admission decisions are made by mid February, with the bulk of OOS on the waitlist getting accepted in April/may
Hi! To those of you who just interviewed this month, did the school give any indication as to how many OOS students were being interviewed? I am interviewing on 01/26 also OOS. I saw the email that approximately 10-15 OOS would be accepted, but I am curious how many interview for those limited spots.
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
65 OOS students are offered interviews from what they told usHi! To those of you who just interviewed this month, did the school give any indication as to how many OOS students were being interviewed? I am interviewing on 01/26 also OOS. I saw the email that approximately 10-15 OOS would be accepted, but I am curious how many interview for those limited spots.
Hi! To those of you who just interviewed this month, did the school give any indication as to how many OOS students were being interviewed? I am interviewing on 01/26 also OOS. I saw the email that approximately 10-15 OOS would be accepted, but I am curious how many interview for those limited spots.
10-15 OOS will ultimately matriculate; many more will be accepted. 65 OOS interviewees sounds about right though, from what I remember. Check the latest MSAR to be sure.
Committee met yesterday — anyone have any news?
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
Nope, my file was not discussed : (....next meeting is on Feb 19...Committee met yesterday — anyone have any news?
Nope, my file was not discussed : (....next meeting is on Feb 19...
How you have this knowledge?
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
How you have this knowledge?
Email Cindy Warren
Out of state, got waitlisted today. The email from Cindy Warren stated that the class is full already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of state, got waitlisted today. The email from Cindy Warren stated that the class is full already
+2
I called Cindy Warren last Wednesday as I was surprised to hear so quickly. As I understand from what she said and what was discussed when I interviewed for OOS students that have just been waitlisted we were voted to be accepted per their voting process. As the email read, the class is full at the moment. The expectation is that at some point some IS students will decline these acceptances and as they do the spots will be given to the group of waitlisted students. It was unclear to me if even a few OOS were immediately accepted outright, but the number she quoted me at was 17 students were voted to be accepted and therefore waitlisted. All other OOS were not declined as of yet. Some files may not have been read and the others were given a "no decision" and will be re-voted on at a later meeting to either be declined or put into the waitlist pool. Each time a spot is available the committee will completely review files and select a student for the spot. According to her there is no official order to the waitlist, but I have to imagine there is some type of order or the reviewing process would be so long every time a spot opens up.
Also, according to the last few years of data they have had between 10 OOS in a class and up to (Cindy admitted this was very high) 28. Obviously, if we are on the side of 28 those on the waitlist are in great shape, but at worst many on the current waitlist can still expect to hear an acceptance at some point. IS students have until April 30th to officially accept or decline the acceptance.
Also, according to the last few years of data they have had between 10 OOS in a class and up to (Cindy admitted this was very high) 28. Obviously, if we are on the side of 28 those on the waitlist are in great shape, but at worst many on the current waitlist can still expect to hear an acceptance at some point. IS students have until April 30th to officially accept or decline the acceptance.
Last edited:
I called Cindy Warren last Wednesday as I was surprised to hear so quickly. As I understand from what she said and what was discussed when I interviewed for OOS students that have just been waitlisted we were voted to be accepted per their voting process. As the email read, the class is full at the moment. The expectation is that at some point some IS students will decline these acceptances and as they do the spots will be given to the group of waitlisted students. It was unclear to me if even a few OOS were immediately accepted outright, but the number she quoted me at was 17 students were voted to be accepted and therefore waitlisted. All other OOS were not declined as of yet. Some files may not have been read and the others were given a "no decision" and will be re-voted on at a later meeting to either be declined or put into the waitlist pool. Each time a spot is available the committee will completely review files and select a student for the spot. According to her there is no official order to the waitlist, but I have to imagine there is some type of order or the reviewing process would be so long every time a spot opens up.
Also, according to the last few years of data they have had between 10 OOS in a class and up to (Cindy admitted this was very high) 28. Obviously, if we are on the side of 28 those on the waitlist are in great shape, but at worst many on the current waitlist can still expect to hear an acceptance at some point. IS students have until April 30th to officially accept or decline the acceptance.
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!
IS applicant dropping my A [10/15] and scholarship either today or tomorrow. Good luck to everyone on waitlist!
You are my hero
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
Waitlisted OOS, class is already full lol
futuredocmayb
Full Member
IS. Will also most likely be withdrawing my acceptance soon.
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
any movement on the waitlist?
I am trying to figure this out as well. I have not heard anything so far.any movement on the waitlist?
I am trying to figure this out as well. I have not heard anything so far.
Crickets here, as well.
Three of us makes a pretty good sample size. ... lol. LSeems reasonable to guess they haven't made any decisions, yet.
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
That would not be ideal. I was hoping to hear back before I sign a lease for another school lolI wonder if they will wait till April 30 to finally call someone on the waitlist.
I feel ya, I am in the same situation. I hate it but it is better than being rejected...That would not be ideal. I was hoping to hear back before I sign a lease for another school lol
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
pm me. Can't pm u bc of privacy thingI feel ya, I am in the same situation. I hate it but it is better than being rejected...
Withdrew my in-state spot and scholarship last week! Good luck everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you do, post what you hear. Also, I believe that they have accepted at least 1-2 OOS students already by looking at the Facebook group.I was considering calling to see if there was any time frame OOS applicants would start to hear by.
Medicine4Christ
Full Member
From what Cindy Warren told me, we likely wont hear back until MayIf you do, post what you hear. Also, I believe that they have accepted at least 1-2 OOS students already by looking at the Facebook group.
futuredocmayb
Full Member
IS just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!
No not as of yet.well... its May... any OOS hear anything?
I haven't heard anything yet.well... its May... any OOS hear anything?
Same here — OOS alsoI haven't heard anything yet.
nothing yet as well. also OOSwell... its May... any OOS hear anything?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K