2018-2019 PhD/PsyD Accepted Offers thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychisfun43

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It’s been a long journey but let’s see where everyone is going/got offers too.

I got accepted to Uindy, Widener and PGSP Stanford. Going to decline Widener and Stanford (good luck waitlisted folks)

Waitlisted at: Roosevelt (waiting to here back), Indiana state and IUP

Good luck friends!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

I got accepted to Uindy, Widener and PGSP Stanford. Going to decline Widener and Stanford (good luck waitlisted folks)

Good luck friends!
Congratulations!!! I got accepted at Texas Tech for the counseling program =). I will be attending there in the fall super excited!

Reactions: 2 users
I will be attending Florida Tech's PsyD program this coming fall :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at University of Indianapolis. Will be accepting my offer!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted at Wright State (most likely declining) and waitlisted at UIndy. I would love to attend UIndy so if anyone eliminates it from their list I would appreciate it greatly if you told them ASAP! Congrats everyone :)

For those considering UIndy why is it your top choice and how are you dealing with that price tag

For those considering UIndy why is it your top choice and how are you dealing with that price tag

It’s not my top choice (it’s my second) but it’s internships, IEPPP pass rate and it’s the only school in the city. Lots of opportunity and the cost can be a factor. Although, Indy is cheap to live in and it’s a very well rounded program. I’m interested in Neuropsych and they are hiring faculty for their neuropsych students. They have good prac sites and they’re graduates are landing good/competitive postdocs. It’s very collegiate feel not that competitive. Professors are invested in their students and want them to
succeed.

It’s not my top choice (it’s my second) but it’s internships, IEPPP pass rate and it’s the only school in the city. Lots of opportunity and the cost can be a factor. Although, Indy is cheap to live in and it’s a very well rounded program. I’m interested in Neuropsych and they are hiring faculty for their neuropsych students. They have good prac sites and they’re graduates are landing good/competitive postdocs. It’s very collegiate feel not that competitive. Professors are invested in their students and want them to
succeed.

Why Uindy over IUP and ISU that have better match rates and are cheaper? Just location?

succeed.
Um....Clinical Psychology Ph.D.

Why Uindy over IUP and ISU that have better match rates and are cheaper? Just location?

IUP clinical population is mostly rural Americans and I want to work with diverse clinical populations. Their training is on-site and it wasn’t a great fit me being waitlisted shows that they felt the same way. ISU I told them during the interview, I wasn’t a good fit as my interests don’t match (I already had an offer and I received it the day before my interview). Throughout the day I didn’t get that feeling. They also are trained on-site and terra-haute is in the middle of nowhere and it seems lonely. The program is stellar, match rates, pubs and it’s cheap but would I be happy with a somewhat of a good fit? Although, the program at ISU and IUP are stronger in the generalist model for my specific interest Uindy is overall a better fit. I’ll have to take out more loans but to me it’s worth it. I’ll get the diverse training I require and I’ll reach my goals.

Last edited:
succeed.
I feel like we may have crossed paths at the ISU interview because I had a conversation with a guy who was into neuro and said he felt the same way about ISU. Either a weird coincidence or just a small world lol! Good luck on wherever you decide to go it will be a great match regardless .

I was accepted at Wright State (most likely declining) and waitlisted at UIndy. I would love to attend UIndy so if anyone eliminates it from their list I would appreciate it greatly if you told them ASAP! Congrats everyone :)

Hey, I finally received an offer for my top PhD program so I just declined my offer (with an assistantship), so I hope this helps you!!

Reactions: 4 users
Wait listed at Suffolk and CUNY. Accepted into a couple of Psy.D programs that I'm not super excited about. Crossing my fingers for wait list movement!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
...it wasn’t a great fit me being waitlisted shows that they felt the same way
This is likely not true. Waitlist will often mean that they think you are a great fit, but don't have enough slots. If they didn't think it was a good spot for you, they would've have just given a rejection.

This is likely not true. Waitlist will often mean that they think you are a great fit, but don't have enough slots. If they didn't think it was a good spot for you, they would've have just given a rejection.
This. This. This.

If a program doesn't want/like someone, they reject them not put them on a waitlist. If you're on a waitlist, you're there because I think you could fit. Interviews are just competitive and the decisions are hard.

This might be a stupid question, but oh well:

If a school's admissions data reports a "number of people offered admission" and a "number of applicants matriculated into program" and more people are offered admission than matriculated, does that simply mean that people from the first round of acceptances declined and wait-listed people were offered admission? are there other reasons that more people may be offered admission than those matriculated?

This might be a stupid question, but oh well:

If a school's admissions data reports a "number of people offered admission" and a "number of applicants matriculated into program" and more people are offered admission than matriculated, does that simply mean that people from the first round of acceptances declined and wait-listed people were offered admission? are there other reasons that more people may be offered admission than those matriculated?

Usually this means that they provided offers to people (admissions) but but not all people given offers decided to come (matriculated). So they offered admissions to 12 people but only 6 people actually accepted the offer and came.

Usually this means that they provided offers to people (admissions) but but not all people given offers decided to come (matriculated). So they offered admissions to 12 people but only 6 people actually accepted the offer and came.

Do all schools post that data?

Yes, it's required for all APA accredited programs to post student admissions and outcome. You can find it somewhere on each program's website.

I checked a couple of schools and I see the total number of people who accepted themselves into the program but not the total admissions offers given. Is it appropriate to email/call the graduate admissions to ask how many offers do they tend to give out/ do waitlisted applicants receive the same funding?

Last edited:
Got off the waitlist at Roosevelt last week and I accepted. I sent decline emails everywhere else. Good luck!

Good luck friends!

What a nice thread, thanks! I didn't get admitted this year, but I'm trying again and reapplying to APA accredited Ph.D. counseling psychology programs and master's programs as a backup to start school for the Fall 2019 term. Here's to looking on the bright side.

Congratulations!!! I got accepted at Texas Tech for the counseling program =). I will be attending there in the fall super excited!

Congratulations! I think Dr. Robitschek at Texas Tech and the Personal Growth Initiative are great. Whatever your interests are, I wish you well.

Best with whatever happens :)

succeed.

Excellent reasons, thanks

Got off the waitlist at Roosevelt last week and I accepted. I sent decline emails everywhere else. Good luck!

Congratulations on getting accepted to your new school, and all the best with your personal/professional journey :)

Congratulations! I think Dr. Robitschek at Texas Tech and the Personal Growth Initiative are great. Whatever your interests are, I wish you well.
Thank you! I will be studying forensic psychology so I am excited! Did you apply or interview there?

Thank you! I will be studying forensic psychology so I am excited! Did you apply or interview there?

That's cool about forensics. I hope you enjoy it!

I didn't apply there, but I've been thinking about it. This year I'm figuring out which programs I'll apply to.

That's cool about forensics. I hope you enjoy it!

I didn't apply there, but I've been thinking about it. This year I'm figuring out which programs I'll apply to.
Well keeep the shchool in mind I can honestly say every faculty member was amazing! Good luck