2018-2019 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Columbia University Medical Center (Outpatient midtown office) or New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell (Westchester)?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear from SF VA about the Psychosocial Rehabilitation track or Long Beach VA about the Psychosocial Recovery for SMI track?

Given the last three posts, looks like many of us are anxiously awaiting news!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else expecting notifications today? I don't have a great reason to think this, but I suspect that today may be a big day for notifications...?

I am still waiting to hear back from 7 sites and it’s almost the end of the day and I have not heard from a single site yet.

VA Long Beach Psychosocial Rehabilitation track, personal email 1/12. Interview dates: 1/31, 2/2, 2/5, 2/7

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything through the grapevine about Nemours/A.I.DuPont in Delaware? On their website it says that invitations to interview would be extended by 12/22 but I haven't heard either way and they aren't showing up here.
I heard from them late in the day on 12/22 with an interview offer for the neuro track at INS.

im waiting to hear from most of my sites...

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is particularly painful today... I was really banking on more notifications (one way or another) by end of day. :dead:

Reactions: 2 users
And now we probably won’t hear anything until Tuesday.

Unless we all die before then, yes... this seems like a distinct possibility. I found it odd that some sites (mostly on universal list) had Monday as due date for apps. And most Kaisers had today.... who is spending a holiday or holiday weekend looking at apps????!

Seriously can't believe I didn't hear from a single site today. Waiting on 4 and some of them were due a month ago. Why are they doing this to us??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
1/11 10:30 am Kaiser Santa Rosa -phone call - invite - interviews in early feb

1/12 Petaluma Health Center - personal email, invite, Interview dates 2/7, 2/8, 2/14, 2/15 4 hours

good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I hate the scheduling part! I heard from one site and want to schedule my interview, but have not heard from a site near it and would prefer to only fly to Chicago once

Has anyone heard back from Children's Hospital Los Angeles?

Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (formerly Miami Children’s)
Invite - Personal email (1/12)
1/29, 2/1, 2/5 in person

I haven't heard back from them yet, despite applying over a month ago. Today is their "official" application due date though.

- Baylor Scott & White Health
- Clinical Health Psychology Track 1: End-of-Life, Grief, and Bereavement
- Invite
- 1/15/18
- Email
- Phone interview "to discuss interests and get acquainted", date dependent on availability.

Did everyone see this?

APPIC is pleased to share the following announcement from the VA Psychology Training Council:

"The VA Psychology Training Council is excited to update all intern and postdoctoral resident applicants about an exciting bit of news. We were recently informed that all VA paid psychology trainees (interns and postdoctoral residents) are being provided with an 8% increase in their stipend for the 2018-2019 training year. This increase will go into effect on July 1, 2018 across all VA psychology training programs."

Reactions: 4 users
Yes! Pretty excited about that.

Seems like a pretty big bump to me! And it makes the prospect of postdocing (totally a verb) in the bay area seem slightly more manageable.

Same for me, but to be honest I am much more at ease than I was during the internship process. I know I won't hear for a few weeks so I am just enjoying a post-doc free holiday!

In December, I was at ease. Now it is mid-January and I am back to being anxious and it seems like I am not alone based on the recent posts in this thread.

Did everyone see this?

APPIC is pleased to share the following announcement from the VA Psychology Training Council:

"The VA Psychology Training Council is excited to update all intern and postdoctoral resident applicants about an exciting bit of news. We were recently informed that all VA paid psychology trainees (interns and postdoctoral residents) are being provided with an 8% increase in their stipend for the 2018-2019 training year. This increase will go into effect on July 1, 2018 across all VA psychology training programs."

I wonder if this means current interns will get a few extra bucks towards the end?

You are definitely not alone @mishpug !!

I wonder if this means current interns will get a few extra bucks towards the end?

You are definitely not alone @mishpug !!

I was under the impression that it would only apply to the 2018-2019 training year, although an increase in my current stipend starting in July would be awesome. I'll check with my internship TD.

Urgh, my training year ends the first week of July... maybe I will get the slightest of bumps for the last pay check. Good news for post-doc, though!

robbc.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Based on last year's thread: 2017-18 Post-Doc Interview Thread

I don't expect to hear anything till this Friday at the earliest for college counseling centers. But of course that doesn't change the fact that I will continually check this page.

McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Acute Adolescent Residential Treatment Program
Invite received via email 1/15/18
No specific interview dates given; sounds like it is flexible depending on my availability to travel, which is quite nice!

Also, heard from UCLA TIES on 12/21/17 via email; interviewed on 1/12/18 but many interview dates were offered over mid-January to early February.

No specific interview dates given; sounds like it is flexible depending on my availability to travel, which is quite nice!

Darn =/ Was it a mass email or personalized? Was really hoping for this one and thought my application was quite strong.

Last edited:
Kaiser Richmond, Child Track
1/16 Personal Email Interview Invite
Offered a few dates and asked folks to rank preferred days/times (2/7, 2/9, 2/14, 2/15, 2/16)

Audrey Hepburn Children's House
Phone Call Interview Invite
Assorted days and times within the two weeks of February

Also, heard from UCLA TIES on 12/21/17 via email; interviewed on 1/12/18 but many interview dates were offered over mid-January to early February.

Was this UCLA TIES on the main UCLA Campus? Or the Harbor one?

Last edited:
Darn =/ Was it a mass email or personalized? Was really hoping for this one and thought my application was quite strong.

It was a personalized email so it is possible they are still extending invites.

A few of my friends/co-interns at UCLA have received invites and are interviewing this week. I know one was for the peds CL track but not sure about the other.

I received an email from Kaiser West Bay Consortium saying they'll be notifying folks this week an interviews will include mandatory orientation and are as follows:
Chemical Dependency Team (Orientation 9:30 - 10:30 am)
Thu, Feb. 1
Thu, Feb. 8

Adult Psychiatry Team (Orientation 9:00 - 10:00 am)
Tue, Feb. 6
Wed, Feb. 7

Child Psychiatry Team (Orientation 9:00 - 10:00 am)
Tue, Feb. 13
Wed, Feb. 14