2018-2019 Universidad Central del Caribe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Universidad Central Del Caribe School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I submitted primary apps on 7/11 but still haven't gotten a secondary. Older threads don't mention any essays and that the committee meets in late december/january for admission decisions. Has anyone heard anything back with secondaries/interviews?

I submitted primary apps on 7/11 but still haven't gotten a secondary. Older threads don't mention any essays and that the committee meets in late december/january for admission decisions. Has anyone heard anything back with secondaries/interviews?

Second year here... Secondaries usually involve paying a fee, no essays. Interviews usually begin around late November early December. Last year it was delayed due to the hurricane.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Second year here... Secondaries usually involve paying a fee, no essays. Interviews usually begin around late November early December. Last year it was delayed due to the hurricane.

Good luck
So after the money order is sent and the transcripts are in, we wait for possible interview invite?

So after the money order is sent and the transcripts are in, we wait for possible interview invite?

Correct. I would also verify that all items are received by calling in. I had to resend money order and transcripts.

Hey guys I applied to this school but I am confused regarding the secondary application. Does the school send a secondary or we just have to send the money and the transcripts? I have been calling the admissions office but they are having trouble with the connection.

Hey guys I applied to this school but I am confused regarding the secondary application. Does the school send a secondary or we just have to send the money and the transcripts? I have been calling the admissions office but they are having trouble with the connection.
Send them. Once all the documents are received, they will notify you. Be persistent with the phone if you have not heard back a couple of weeks after sending your documents in.

Best of success!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Send them. Once all the documents are received, they will notify you. Be persistent with the phone if you have not hear back a couple of weeks after sending your documents in.

Best of success!
Thank You I sent everything.. hope it works

Send them. Once all the documents are received, they will notify you. Be persistent with the phone if you have not hear back a couple of weeks after sending your documents in.

Best of success!

I was told by the admissions office that interviews this year will be held from January to March. Was your interview during that time? Thank you!

I was told by the admissions office that interviews this year will be held from January to March. Was your interview during that time? Thank you!

Unsure when they might have started interviewing but today was the first time I saw interviews being held.

I was invited to interview and dates they had available were in November and December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alguien sabe cual es el formato de entrevista?

Alguien sabe exactamente el dia que nos van a decir la decision? (Tuve la entrevista en diciembre )

Alguien sabe exactamente el dia que nos van a decir la decision? (Tuve la entrevista en diciembre )

En mi año, el comite se ruenio para finales de febrero y recibi mi decision en la primera semana de marzo. Entreviste a finales de enero.

Alguien ha recibido noticias (buenas o malas) esta semana?

Reactions: 1 users
Acabo de llamar a la oficina de admisiones y me dijeron que para los que entrevistamos en diciembre las decisiones van a estar para finales del mes.

Acabo de llamar a la oficina de admisiones y me dijeron que para los que entrevistamos en diciembre las decisiones van a estar para finales del mes.
Gracias!

Alguien le ha llegado algo?

Se supone que reiban un correo electronico indicando que la decision va en camino por correo postal. Al menos, eso fue el protocolo en mi caso.

Acabo de recibir II. Saben si hacen Skype? Acabo de regresar a mi estado luego de estar en PR esta semana para mi entrevista con PHSU. I'm poor lol

Hey guys, have an interview here next week. Does anybody know their last match list %? On their website I was only able to find the 2017. Thank you

Hey guys, have an interview here next week. Does anybody know their last match list %? On their website I was only able to find the 2017. Thank you
I can also only find 2017 rates. Also interviewing next week.

I can also only find 2017 rates. Also interviewing next week.

For the graduating class of 2018 it was in the 90s (~95%). That is including both match and SOAP (last minute match).

Acabo de recibir II. Saben si hacen Skype? Acabo de regresar a mi estado luego de estar en PR esta semana para mi entrevista con PHSU. I'm poor lol

No Skype. Interviews are MMI format.

just got waitlisted. Does anybody know if the waitlist usually moves a lot?

I got waitlisted too. Was expecting a Rejection after that last mmi station to be honest. Don't know about WL movement but traffic day is upon us. I'd like to know if offer of addmisson after a WL is also by snail mail.

Not too familiar but I would expect early May. By then, most schools shouldve sent out decisions and I believe students have a deadline to decide where they will attend. This will open spaces and students will be notified of any movement.

Was accepted last week! Admissions office told me they will be sending 3-4 more acceptances this week

Was accepted last week! Admissions office told me they will be sending 3-4 more acceptances this week
Got accepted today! Also got accepted to PHSU today! Have 24 hrs to decide was told.

Congrats! I was hoping to ask you some questions and tried to PM you, but wasn't able to.
That's strange! Try again? I;m open for any questions. I decided on PHSU and declined UCC.

What were you stats if you don’t mind? . By the way congrats on the acceptances !