2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an acceptance here! OOS with LM 67-68, no ties, WL top third

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted yesterday (with a generous 1/2 tuition scholarship) and was given 24 hours to decide. I let the A go! Good luck to you all, I was in the top 1/3 of the WL.

Reactions: 5 users
I was accepted yesterday (with a generous 1/2 tuition scholarship) and was given 24 hours to decide. I let the A go! Good luck to you all, I was in the top 1/3 of the WL.
Goodluck to you! Thanks for your promtness in terms of a decision..we on the waitlist greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hold on for a long weekend of no new information on the movement :( I feel like a lot of schools are taking their sweet time with the waitlist movement (Drexel as well as WVU) are also doing the same and both historically take significant numbers of students from their waitlists.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Wright have a deadline for commit to enroll? I haven’t seen it anywhere online

Reactions: 1 users
Does Wright have a deadline for commit to enroll? I haven’t seen it anywhere online
I will say I’ve been accepted and have not been told anything about a CTE deadline...unless I missed that at some point lol

I will say I’ve been accepted and have not been told anything about a CTE deadline...unless I missed that at some point lol
Same and I haven't heard anything either. In fact, I did the 'Plan to enroll' on AMCAS prior the the 30th, and there was not a CTE option at that time. There still isn't (that I can find at least). It just says 'thank you for your selection of WSU' or something like that...

Same and I haven't heard anything either. In fact, I did the 'Plan to enroll' on AMCAS prior the the 30th, and there was not a CTE option at that time. There still isn't (that I can find at least). It just says 'thank you for your selection of WSU' or something like that...

You have to click on edit my selection

I think I'm going to have to let this acceptance go. I hope one of you gets it! I'm kinda sad to let it go, had good vibes on II day and the Dean is really kind!

Accepted today from the WL, top third

Also, just wanted to let you guys know that all the scholarships are apparently taken at this point, but they might be offered on a rolling basis again based on who lets go of their offer.

Does anyone know how large the URM scholarship is btw? (I'm curious)

I didn’t even know PTE was required until they emailed me about it like May 3rd

I got a couple of emails from AMCAS and had heard some chatter... I never was actually told from BSOM. It's a new step this year though so everyone is still figuring it out.

lol same! That email freaked me out for a second. I honestly didn't even know about the PTE vs commit selection in AMCAS.

so does WSU just have PTE, & not a CTE deadline?

I recently contacted admissions and was told the Commit to Enroll deadline is June 17th. At that time, they will contact applicants who have not yet selected CTE.

I recently contacted admissions and was told the Commit to Enroll deadline is June 17th. At that time, they will contact applicants who have not yet selected CTE.

Thanks for this! I guess that becomes my "drop dead" date for the other schools I'm hoping to hear from.

So accepted students have till June 17th to actually accept admission? That's an awfully long wait for waitlisted people.

I called the office yesterday and asked if they had any idea if the waitlist movement would increase at all and she just said “I have no idea we weren’t expecting this to happen at all” love the new trafficking rules
Expecting what? For people to hold their acceptances and them have less WL movement?

I called the office yesterday and asked if they had any idea if the waitlist movement would increase at all and she just said “I have no idea we weren’t expecting this to happen at all” love the new trafficking rules

So are we assuming this is all because of the new trafficking rules? And not just some odd year where WSU has less movement?

So accepted students have till June 17th to actually accept admission? That's an awfully long wait for waitlisted people.

Well, people have until June 17 (I have not gotten this in any official communication from the school about this) to decide whether or not they will commit to their acceptance or not. My understanding (please correct if I'm wrong) is you can't really back out of a "commit to enrol" decision.

So, people with a BSOM acceptance that are waiting to hear back from other schools (for me there are 2 schools I interviewed at back in March that I haven't heard a word from, and I know many many others in the same boat) will either need to fully commit to BSOM on June 17 and withdraw apps from other schools, or go yolo and withdraw from BSOM and gamble on other schools.

So basically after June 17 I'd guess the class should be pretty set as I doubt many of us are the yolo type. Probably after that date I'd guess that wait list movement would be pretty minimal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
anyone from 2nd 1/3 heard yet? Waitlist movement seems slow across the board this year. same is happening at a bunch of schools it seems like.

just called, little more than half way down first 1/3rd of wait list. they said they have not had this before.

no, I kinda lost my voice today so I sounded pretty bad on the phone so I didn't stay on there long lol. Someone else should call and ask.

so once the CTE deadline passes, admissions will basically know who is attending, correct? so they would move pretty fast through the waitlist after that?

so once the CTE deadline passes, admissions will basically know who is attending, correct? so they would move pretty fast through the waitlist after that?

That’s what I thought but the waitlist position email said that if you don’t hear by July 15, 2019 consider your application closed. That seems like a lot of time between June 17 and July 15. Maybe some people drop even in July?

That’s what I thought but the waitlist position email said that if you don’t hear by July 15, 2019 consider your application closed. That seems like a lot of time between June 17 and July 15. Maybe some people drop even in July?

once you CTE you have to drop all your other WLs, right?

I called a few minutes ago and they gave me the same info that was stated above: half way through top 1/3; haven't experienced this slow pace in waitlist movement before; also wouldn't disclose how many spots remain. She attributed the slow movement to the new selection rules.

I think so yes
from what I understand, once the CTE deadline passes, in order for a student to withdrawal from a medical school, they must provide a reason. If that student attempts to matriculate at another medical school, both schools are informed and have the option (as it is technically a breach of ethics) to rescind the offer of acceptance. So once the CTE deadline passes, students will have to ask the medical school if they will allow them to go elsewhere

once you CTE you have to drop all your other WLs, right?

Only if your acceptance requires it. It is on a school-by-school basis. Seems like most schools were slow to decide their requirements. Wright didn't have any PTE/CTE deadlines until, what, last week?

from what I understand, once the CTE deadline passes, in order for a student to withdrawal from a medical school, they must provide a reason. If that student attempts to matriculate at another medical school, both schools are informed and have the option (as it is technically a breach of ethics) to rescind the offer of acceptance. So once the CTE deadline passes, students will have to ask the medical school if they will allow them to go elsewhere

I doubt this. A school can't stop you from withdrawing. You owe them nothing. How can they legally stop a student from going elsewhere?

Who is going to inform both schools if a student leaves one to begin another? Def not AAMC as they are trying to involve themselves less and less. Schools can't even see where else their students are accepted. Poaching used to be against the rules, it is not anymore.