2018 APPIC Internship Phase II - onward and upward!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Minneapolis VA emailed 3/2 @ 10:10am:

"We wanted to let you know your application for the Minneapolis VA Health Care System doctoral internship program has been received and is currently being reviewed. Applicants that are selected for telephone interviews will be contacted by a member of our selection committee within a day or two of March 7th to schedule an hour-long telephone interview. Applicants not selected to interview will be notified by March 10th."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, Comcast called me 3/2 @ 10:47am :annoyed:

Reactions: 3 users
Agnesian healthcare - child/adolescent
3/2 - mass email
Interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Geisinger health system
Email invite
Phone interview 3/5

Reactions: 4 users
Seems to be pretty quiet this year for Phase II applicants on the forum. Guess there's no need for a separate thread for interview invites, and we'll just post them here?

Seems to be pretty quiet this year for Phase II applicants on the forum. Guess there's no need for a separate thread for interview invites, and we'll just post them here?

Sounds good to me. I know quite a few people in phase ii (unfortunately for all of us) and I don’t think any of them use SDN, so I will post for all of us.

Email from Florida State hospital to call and schedule a phone interview. Call from state operated forensic services in Minnesota setting a phone interview. Email from Vacaville that invitations will go out Wednesday or so next week. Email from the Garird center in PA invitations will go out next week. Extremely excited about the 2 interviews!

3/1/18 Indiana University
Email invite
Phone interview 3/8

3/2/18 Ball State U
E-mail invite
Skype interview 3/5

Hope you all are doing well through this process!

Reactions: 1 users
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
3/2 Email rejection

UT Health San Antonio
3/2 Email invitation for phone interview, options 3/5-3/9

Best of luck, all!

So all the stress has turned my brain into pudding and I managed to submit some applications with a typo in the cover letter. (the wrong site name in the portion i copy pasted.) How much is this going to screw up my chances of receiving an interview?
I feel like an idiot
Not a big deal.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm so sorry! Hugs! When I got my last rejection, I LITERALLY THOUGHT THE WORLD WOULD STOP SPINNING AND MY HEART WOULD STOP BEATING. So yeah, some mild catastrophizing took place haha. But now, especially with the new year, I feel relaxed and ... normal. I actually had no interviews so I have had a lot of time to come to terms with my Phase 2 membership lol. So, TIME was the biggest factor. I really feel bad for those who got interviews and did not match because they have to deal with a huge influx of negative emotion, while simultaneously scrambling to attack Phase 2.

Aaaanyways, whoohoooo Phase 2, we GOT this!! And if not, life will undoubtedly go on regardless.

I didn’t have any interviews either so know you aren’t alone!! I had the same experience with feeling lucky that I had time to heal from phase 1 before we dove straight into phase 2!

Interview invitations all via email:
3/1 Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
3/1 NPTC Four County (CMH & IHC)
3/2 Columbia Valley Community Health
3/2 NPTC Brown (IHC)
3/2 Geisinger Medical Center

UConn (UCC) sent out an interview invite via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
So all the stress has turned my brain into pudding and I managed to submit some applications with a typo in the cover letter. (the wrong site name in the portion i copy pasted.) How much is this going to screw up my chances of receiving an interview?
I feel like an idiot

I know someone who did this in Phase I and still got an interview at the site. At this point, programs want to fill their spots too—if they are interested in you, I doubt something small like this will have that big of an impact.

Same, one of my best friends did this and got an interview at the site in Phase I. He realized right after submitting, emailed them to apologize, and got a very nice reply back basically saying it wasn't a big deal. And then later got an interview.

Seemed like a mass email with link to sign up for interviews via scheduling site..
It sounds like maybe time to cross that one of my list of sites I'm waiting to hear from. Sad, but thank you!

First interview: Done. :)
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
University of South Florida CC
email invite 3/5
Skype interviews week of 3/12

Grand Valley State CC
Phone call from TD 3/5
Phone interviews week of 3/5

Hefner VA interview personalized email 3/5
Asked for availability to set up phone interview

Hey everyone! Definitely appreciating all the positivity here regarding Phase II. Thank you! :)

I received email notification on 3/1 from Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore- they will be reviewing applications until 3/9 when they will send out emails to all applicants regarding their interview status.

Personalized email notification-Interview invite via phone or virtual:
Jackson behavioral health hospital, Miami Florida: 3/5

Personalized email notification-Interview invite via phone or virtual:
Jackson behavioral health hospital, Miami Florida: 3/5
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing which track?

Horizon Health New Brunswick on 3/2. Interviews on 3/5, 3/6, & 3/7.

Interview invite to Eastern Oklahoma VA by email on 03/01

Children’s Mercy Kansas City invite to interview by phone call 3/5. Interview date 3/9.

University of Victoria Counselling Services, 3/1 interview invite
Annapolis Valley Health, Nova Scotia Health Authority, 3/2 interview invite
Waterloo Region Consortium, 3/3 interview invite
Anyone else heard from any Canadian sites?

University of Victoria Counselling Services, 3/1 interview invite
Annapolis Valley Health, Nova Scotia Health Authority, 3/2 interview invite
Waterloo Region Consortium, 3/3 interview invite
Anyone else heard from any Canadian sites?

So far only from Horizon Health. Hopefully, other sites are reviewing apps & will be sending out invites soon. I keep checking my email :arghh:

So far only from Horizon Health. Hopefully, other sites are reviewing apps & will be sending out invites soon. I keep checking my email :arghh:
Same here.
So did you apply for many Canadian sites too?

I have this sneaking suspicion that, in this somewhat small Phase II group we have represented on here, we might not hear about some of the sites’ notifications :(

I guess I’m just going to have to further hone my skills in tolerating uncertainty...

Call to set an interview with lerned state hospital and email setting interview with NPTC royal oaks

Hampton VA 3/5

Kansas City VA 3/5

Thanks, best of luck to you as well!!

Nystrom & Associates, LLC 3/5 via email. 30 minute interview on 3/7 or 3/13

3/5 University of Memphis CC invite via e-mail for interview via Zoom, dates listed in their online scheduling system
3/5 Hamm Memorial Psychiatric Clinic invite via e-mail & phone call, times offered on 3/6, 3/8, and 3/9
3/5 Wichita Collaborative Psychology Internship Program - WSU site invite via e-mail. Offered times for Skype interview on 3/7, 3/8, 3/9, 3/12, 3/13, 3/14, 3/15, and 3/16

Personalized email notification- Phone Interview:
Northeastern Oklahoma Psyhology Internship: Laureate Psychiatric Clinic & Hospital- 3/5

UC Davis Children's Hospital, CAARE Center; 03/05 phone call; Phone or Skype interview based on your schedule for this week or early next week.

Children’s Mercy Kansas City invite to interview by phone call 3/5. Interview date 3/9.
Congrats!! I interviewed here Phase I for the child clinical track and would be happy to give you my impressions/answer any questions if you have them :)

Congrats!! I interviewed here Phase I for the child clinical track and would be happy to give you my impressions/answer any questions if you have them :)

Yeah any info would be appreciated. It’s a little unnerving not to actually visit sites at this stage. PM me your thoughts!

Halifax Clinical Psychology Internship Program 3/6 via email. Phone interview on 3/9. :soexcited:

Sending good vibes to all of you today :) we got this!

Wright state university - children’s medical
Emailed on 3/6- Invitation to talk by phone-

Yeah any info would be appreciated. It’s a little unnerving not to actually visit sites at this stage. PM me your thoughts!
Yes!!! I feel you. Most of my non-psych friends are relieved to hear that there's no travel in this stage. While I'm so glad to not be facing the huge cost of the traveling again - I'm nervous to not be able to sit with the staff/interview team and notice what it feels like to be around them and other interns.
3/6: U of Kansas interview invite via e-mail; times were offered on 3/7, 3/9, 3/13, and 3/14 for an hour-long interview.

Last edited:
you-can-do-it.jpg

Jackson Health System- Pediatric Behavioral Medicine Track: Interview offer by phone call 3/6