2018 vs 2019 RX Prep Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clopdogrel

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have both the 2018 and 2019 versions of the RXPrep book? I'm strongly considering using the 2018 version to study for my NAPLEX this year unless there are huge differences.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was at pharmacy school, I bought an older version of Depiro for 20 dollars, while my classmates paid over 200 dollars.
However, I bought the newest version of APHA study guide.
Think about what is at stake, and the cost of failure, time and money.

This is a investment, not a cost savings opportunity!
Plus, newer version has higher resale value.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I have both and one thing that might change your mind is the 2019 is in color and overall feels more durable/higher quality; definitely worth it. It doesn't have questions after each chapter like the 2018 but is like 100 pages shorter. Honestly I would just get the 2019 it is like 20$ more if buying new and your only gonna study like once for this.

I used my 2018 edition for the CPJE too (a lot). I found an older version online and there were small discrepancies (DCd drugs, law changes, recommendations, etc). Rather than have to learn and unlearn the wrong information, you may as well get the newest one considering the minimal price difference. What if you got a 74 on one the exams? IMHO, it’s worth it even if the odds are slim that it will truly be the only thing to make the difference between passing and failing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile