2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got a regular wait list email. i’m assuming this means there’s probably no hope? seems like they’ll just fill the spots with the rolling admissions hpwl people.. anyone know if people ever get in off the normal waitlist? really loved this school
I think there was a post in last year's thread, which means there should be a good amount since not everyone posts on sdn. Don't lose hope!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my application. Below are my dates. I really wish the best of luck to everyone else!

Secondary received - 7/17/19
Secondary submitted - 7/18/19
Application complete email - 9/11/19
Interview Invite - 2/25/20

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed mid Feb and got regular waitlisted. It looks like everyone who got the rolling admissions email didn't get accepted early Feb and have been waiting for a while. I think they may have given the regular waitlist to people who interviewed recently this month(we may not have been reviewed yet). Just speculating

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed mid Feb and got regular waitlisted. It looks like everyone who got the rolling admissions email didn't get accepted early Feb and have been waiting for a while. I think they may have given the regular waitlist to people who interviewed recently this month(we may not have been reviewed yet). Just speculating

nah i interviewed early feb but after the first round of decisions and got hpwl

When the all caps email from Einstein stops your heart but it's just a reminder to fill out the interview survey...I can't take it!:nailbiting:

Got the rolling admissions email this morning. I interviewed on 1/27. This is my top choice so I am really hoping for good news soon..

Can someone post what the rollling admissions versus the waitlist emails actually say? I'm a little confused on what the implications are of each message (even though I realize it should be pretty straight forward lol)

This is what the rolling admissions email says:

I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, in a separate email to [email protected]. In addition, please check the appropriate box on this webpage.

If we do not hear from you by March 19, we may assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the list. If you answer, "yes," on the webpage that you would like to hold your place, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected]with a copy to[email protected] prior to the two week deadline.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

I honestly just don't understand how this all works lol. I felt soooooooo good about my interview day. My interviewer and I vibed so well we sat there for an hour drinking coffee and chatting it up, it was great! Literally I left saying "Yep, I got accepted for sure" then I get the fat R yesterday hahahaha XD

When I feel like I tank interviews I get the A, when I "crush" them I get the R, go figure. Einstein and UCLA were by far my most confident interviews--yet same outcome LOL. Oh well...the universe has spoken! Living in NY would have been cool though, but CONGRATS to all those accepted!!! And please excuse my rant. Ha!

Reactions: 1 users
I honestly just don't understand how this all works lol. I felt soooooooo good about my interview day. My interviewer and I vibed so well we sat there for an hour drinking coffee and chatting it up, it was great! Literally I left saying "Yep, I got accepted for sure" then I get the fat R yesterday hahahaha XD

When I feel like I tank interviews I get the A, when I "crush" them I get the R, go figure. Einstein and UCLA were by far my most confident interviews--yet same outcome LOL. Oh well...the universe has spoken! Living in NY would have been cool though, but CONGRATS to all those accepted!!! And please excuse my rant. Ha!

The entire process sucks but sometimes you gotta take a step back and try not to expect anything I think. At the end of the day you are a stellar applicant who got interviews at great places but unfortunately they didn’t see that but I’m sure you will be the best doctor!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

The entire process sucks but sometimes you gotta take a step back and try not to expect anything I think. At the end of the day you are a stellar applicant who got interviews at great places but unfortunately they didn’t see that but I’m sure you will be the best doctor!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thanks red rabbit, I hope our paths cross one day, you sound like a great human. And yes, WE will be great doctors!

just got a II! anyone can describe interview day and type of interviews they use? Also is it just one interview?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got a II! anyone can describe interview day and type of interviews they use? Also is it just one interview?
the day is pretty much just your one interview and a brief chat w a dean before lunch and a tour. no formal programming in terms of presentations or anything like that.

my interview was v chill, she only asked like 3 personal questions and the rest was a convo. most of the people i talked to said it was pretty low stress as well, so i wouldn't worry too much. hope it goes well!

• Love
Can anyone post what the regular WL email looked like?
Dear "Student Name":

I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application for the MD, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months.

We appreciate how important the status of "wait list" may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

Please let us know whether or not you wish to maintain your place on the wait list by checking the appropriate box on this webpage within two weeks of the date of this email (February 17).

If we do not hear from you within two weeks, we will assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the wait list roster. If you answer, "yes," that you would like to hold your place on the wait-list at this time, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline. Again, if we do not hear from you, we will withdraw your application from further consideration.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

I interviewed in December and received this email on 3/3

Hey, is second look still happening? I never received any email about it but other accepted student here apparently have?

Hey, is second look still happening? I never received any email about it but other accepted student here apparently have?
Yes, but it’s held by the office of diversity, so they may have only invited minority/URIM students. I could be wrong though. If you end up calling them, could you let us know what they say?

got a regular wait list email. i’m assuming this means there’s probably no hope? seems like they’ll just fill the spots with the rolling admissions hpwl people.. anyone know if people ever get in off the normal waitlist? really loved this school
Based on the previous years forum, most hpwl eventually got accepted. However, I saw one comment, he was hpwl and he did not get A, this is his top choice. He was so upset that someone else with regular wait list got accepted hence he said that hpwl may not be true as most people said.

"EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS." also got it interviewed early feb. looking at last years thread, everyone who got this ended up getting accepted. this isn't their "official" waitlist but it is ? v weird.
Most hpwl got accepted eventually, but it's not true that all hpwl got A. There are people with hpwl did not get A, and few people with regular WL got A. If you check the previous years then you will see.

Do letters of intent carry weight at this school pre-decision? This school is potentially my top choice and I am not sure if I should send one before or after I hear back

Do letters of intent carry weight at this school pre-decision? This school is potentially my top choice and I am not sure if I should send one before or after I hear back
I don't know for sure, but my student tour guides said that letters of intent probably wouldn't make much of a difference compared to a strong letter of interest

really really sad that my march 13th interview is cancelled due to covid 19 precautions. I understand trying to keep people safe but i wish they’d do a skype interview because i’m so nervous they won’t be able to reschedule it

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Are they going to refund you flights or anything? So sorry to hear that
thanks :/ i got a partial refund on my train tickets because luckily i bought travel insurance, and a refund on the hotel. I’m sure others who have to travel from farther won’t be so lucky though, especially with such short notice :(

Rolling admissions applicants, did you receive confirmation after sending the interest email?

Thank god I paid the extra $20 for insurance on my plane ticket and AirBnB. Anybody have a guess on if the situation will look better or worse in two weeks? I was supposed to interview the 17th.

• Sad
really really sad that my march 13th interview is cancelled due to covid 19 precautions. I understand trying to keep people safe but i wish they’d do a skype interview because i’m so nervous they won’t be able to reschedule it
Wait this is so sad, is it indefinitely canceled?

Wait this is so sad, is it indefinitely canceled?
Their interview says “ We will resume interviewing after (the 27th) pending the state of the Corona virus, and will reschedule your interview as close to your original date as possible. We will consider all interview options in the meantime.” So it seems like they will try to reschedule but not sure how w april interviews already scheduled or if it doesn’t improve so i’m really nervous :(

Pre-II R today. OOS. LM70-72. Vet. Mid-30s. Was never on any hold/waitlist for an interview. Submitted 8/4, complete 11/20.

Edit: On the plus side, I no longer need to check AAMC portals!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Thank god I paid the extra $20 for insurance on my plane ticket and AirBnB. Anybody have a guess on if the situation will look better or worse in two weeks? I was supposed to interview the 17th.

It's anyone's guess how long precautions will last, but Einstein/Montefiore is taking this situation very seriously right now and using a lot of caution. Travel is highly discouraged and the school is no longer financing conference travel for the time being. No in-person classes this week for MS1s and MS2s (just recorded lectures). No events with >20 people. We MS2s even had to take an exam this morning on our laptops at home because they didn't want us taking it together in a lecture hall. As of today there are multiple COVID-19 cases in the Bronx so I don't see it getting better in the near future. However, it seems like decisions are very much being made on a day-by-day basis.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
+1

Mine was 3/16. Has anyone from admissions reached out to anybody in the same boat about when they could possibly reschedule. I’m m coming from way across the country so also really worried I won’t be able to reschedule.

Also did they have April Interview dates already scheduled or was it till end of March?

• Sad
+1

Mine was 3/16. Has anyone from admissions reached out to anybody in the same boat about when they could possibly reschedule. I’m m coming from way across the country so also really worried I won’t be able to reschedule.

Also did they have April Interview dates already scheduled or was it till end of March?
Sorry to hear that :( i don’t know about april- i’m assuming any recent iis were for then? I may reach out to admissions at the end of the week, if I do I will keep you all posted

It's anyone's guess how long precautions will last, but Einstein/Montefiore is taking this situation very seriously right now and using a lot of caution. Travel is highly discouraged and the school is no longer financing conference travel for the time being. No in-person classes this week for MS1s and MS2s (just recorded lectures). No events with >20 people. We MS2s even had to take an exam this morning on our laptops at home because they didn't want us taking it together in a lecture hall. As of today there are multiple COVID-19 cases in the Bronx so I don't see it getting better in the near future. However, it seems like decisions are very much being made on a day-by-day basis.

Wow. So, is it likely that they would cancel the Diversity Second Look event on March 22nd?

And with this pre-II R, I bid thee farewell! :hello:
Submitted July, complete December.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users