2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question for the gallery: did HPWL people get a response when they emailed their letter? I emailed post quarantine corona world so im wondering if theyre even going to see it/ if ill even be considered now.

You wrote a letter of interest? damn I just sent a one line email saying I was still interested LOL.

Members don't see this ad.

You wrote a letter of interest? damn I just sent a one line email saying I was still interested LOL.

lmao was that all we needed? Tbh am in a self isolation haze- this was the biggest rush ive gotten all week. But did u get a reply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection received a few minutes ago.
OOS applicant.
Application completed in September 2019, I interviewed on Jan 3rd 2020.
Good luck to everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,
Does anyone know any information about the batch of interviewees that had their interviewed canceled?

I got the email saying that they’ll be in touch with us for rescheduling, but does anyone know when? Will it be in April? Did people get rescheduled already? I don’t want to contact them since they said they’ll contact us, but at the same time it’s been over a week since the email.

Thank you and stay safe!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,
Does anyone know any information about the batch of interviewees that had their interviewed canceled?

I got the email saying that they’ll be in touch with us for rescheduling, but does anyone know when? Will it be in April? Did people get rescheduled already? I don’t want to contact them since they said they’ll contact us, but at the same time it’s been over a week since the email.

Thank you and stay safe!

Hi! I called them Tuesday to ask and they unfortunately told me just to be patient. They seem to be moving to online interviews for rescheduling but i havent gotten any word about a date yet. Hopefully it will all work out. Very stressful but youre not alone!

Hi! I called them Tuesday to ask and they unfortunately told me just to be patient. They seem to be moving to online interviews for rescheduling but i havent gotten any word about a date yet. Hopefully it will all work out. Very stressful but youre not alone!

Thank you for sharing that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R after being complete in October

• Sad
Well, my time here has come to an end. Just received my second to last pre-II R. This was the last school on my list where I was marked complete, and I really hoped for continuity's sake it would be my last pre-II R. Guess UMarlyand will take that privilege. It was a pleasure lurking this thread with you all, until we meet again, yeet.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Just got a second reminder to fill out the post-interview survey and nearly had a heart attack thinking it was a decision

• Dislike
  • Haha
Can I submit my financial aid forms via email or do I need to mail everything in ?

Have most people who had an interview scheduled that got cancelled due to coronavirus had it rescheduled yet? Mine was supposed to be 3/17 and I still haven't heard from them re: a remote interview

Reactions: 1 user
Have most people who had an interview scheduled that got cancelled due to coronavirus had it rescheduled yet? Mine was supposed to be 3/17 and I still haven't heard from them re: a remote interview
Nope havent heard, have tried calling and emailing them and they just told me to be patient. Very frustrating :(

Nope havent heard, have tried calling and emailing them and they just told me to be patient. Very frustrating :(
Gotcha, not the info I wanted to hear but at least I know I'm not alone in this. I'm sure they're swamped, I just hope they can schedule these semi-soon

For those accepted, there is a Facebook page! Search:

Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Class of 2024

Did anyone ever hear back after being HPWL’d?

• Hmm
I interviewed on Feb 28th. They said 2-4 weeks and it’s reaching that 4 week part. I can FEEL the R coming or the WL

• Sad
Mine was scheduled for early April and they reached out a little over a week ago to confirm it would be at the same time and date, but via Zoom. Haven't sent out further details beyond that though

Mine was scheduled for early April and they reached out a little over a week ago to confirm it would be at the same time and date, but via Zoom. Haven't sent out further details beyond that though
Hey can you say when your original interview was scheduled?

Mine was scheduled for the 13th of March and they haven’t reached out yet so I’m worried

Hey can you say when your original interview was scheduled?

Mine was scheduled for the 13th of March and they haven’t reached out yet so I’m worried
April 6

I'm too lazy to go back but has anyone been accepted without having to go to the second interview?

Also another question did anyone else get a complete application email and and interview invite on the same day?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they've sent out most of the scholarships already? I was accepted in February and have not heard anything back regarding scholarship information, but have seen a few people on sdn mention scholarships they've received.

Does anyone know if they've sent out most of the scholarships already? I was accepted in February and have not heard anything back regarding scholarship information, but have seen a few people on sdn mention scholarships they've received.
I believe they have. Some people have received merit scholarships before receiving information from financial aid. Financial aid packages should be sent out either the end of this week or early next week.

I'm too lazy to go back but has anyone been accepted without having to go to the second interview?

Also another question did anyone else get a complete application email and and interview invite on the same day?
From my understanding, I don't think its super common to get a second interview regardless of if you're accepted, WL'd, or rejected

I interviewed on Feb 28th. They said 2-4 weeks and it’s reaching that 4 week part. I can FEEL the R coming or the WL
I also interviewed on Feb 28th and earlier in this thread someone else who interviewed on this same day posted about being HPWL'd. That leads me to believe that we could be awaiting an A or the R maybe?

I also interviewed on Feb 28th and earlier in this thread someone else who interviewed on this same day posted about being HPWL'd. That leads me to believe that we could be awaiting an A or the R maybe?
Can you quote that post if you don’t mind? Thanks!

Since they do it bi-weekly we could be hearing back this week
I hope that’s the case, I just worry that the Covid situation has slowed them down, especially because Zoom interview people haven’t even been scheduled yet. Totally understandable though, just frustrating

Sorry, just to clarify -- how do you know they do it biweekly? Also, has anyone on HPWL heard back?
At my interview I asked the admissions and students how soon should we hear back. They said about 2-4 weeks and they usually meet twice a month. So a meeting every two weeks.

Do applicants on the HPWL need to submit financial aid materials by March 27th (not including FAFSA, which I already submitted months ago)? I don't think we do (judging by the website and it stating that the Marc 27th deadline applies to admitted students), but I just wanted to double check with y'all to see if anyone has any additional info. Thanks :)

Do applicants on the HPWL need to submit financial aid materials by March 27th (not including FAFSA, which I already submitted months ago)? I don't think we do (judging by the website and it stating that the Marc 27th deadline applies to admitted students), but I just wanted to double check with y'all to see if anyone has any additional info. Thanks :)
From what I remember only accepted applicants need to submit financial aid materials but those on any waitlist/have an interview can add a medical school on their FAFSA.

einstein 4th years to work as unpaid interns

This is allowed through Gov. Cuomo's executive order, and it isn't compulsory. I agree that they should be compensated but -- at the minimum -- the MS4's will be allowed to contribute to the direct provision of care.

I think it may be compulsory? Check out the picture of the email - last line of the 2nd to last paragraph

Stuff like this makes me question whether I would matriculate here if I were to get an A. How could you think it is a good idea to send in M4s who probably dgaf at this point into a situation where the risk of getting infected is high and supply of PPE is low.

Last edited by a moderator: