Oct 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
"EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS." also got it interviewed early feb. looking at last years thread, everyone who got this ended up getting accepted. this isn't their "official" waitlist but it is ? v weird.
Most hpwl got accepted eventually, but it's not true that all hpwl got A. There are people with hpwl did not get A, and few people with regular WL got A. If you check the previous years then you will see.

Jul 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do letters of intent carry weight at this school pre-decision? This school is potentially my top choice and I am not sure if I should send one before or after I hear back

Aug 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do letters of intent carry weight at this school pre-decision? This school is potentially my top choice and I am not sure if I should send one before or after I hear back
I don't know for sure, but my student tour guides said that letters of intent probably wouldn't make much of a difference compared to a strong letter of interest

Reactions: 71650
About the Ads
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: CW12603
Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Are they going to refund you flights or anything? So sorry to hear that
thanks :/ i got a partial refund on my train tickets because luckily i bought travel insurance, and a refund on the hotel. I’m sure others who have to travel from farther won’t be so lucky though, especially with such short notice :(

Nov 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Rolling admissions applicants, did you receive confirmation after sending the interest email?

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank god I paid the extra $20 for insurance on my plane ticket and AirBnB. Anybody have a guess on if the situation will look better or worse in two weeks? I was supposed to interview the 17th.

• Sad
Reactions: damon99
Sep 27, 2018
really really sad that my march 13th interview is cancelled due to covid 19 precautions. I understand trying to keep people safe but i wish they’d do a skype interview because i’m so nervous they won’t be able to reschedule it
Wait this is so sad, is it indefinitely canceled?

Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait this is so sad, is it indefinitely canceled?
Their interview says “ We will resume interviewing after (the 27th) pending the state of the Corona virus, and will reschedule your interview as close to your original date as possible. We will consider all interview options in the meantime.” So it seems like they will try to reschedule but not sure how w april interviews already scheduled or if it doesn’t improve so i’m really nervous :(

Reactions: HPV
About the Ads

mangoangel

2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Thank god I paid the extra $20 for insurance on my plane ticket and AirBnB. Anybody have a guess on if the situation will look better or worse in two weeks? I was supposed to interview the 17th.
It's anyone's guess how long precautions will last, but Einstein/Montefiore is taking this situation very seriously right now and using a lot of caution. Travel is highly discouraged and the school is no longer financing conference travel for the time being. No in-person classes this week for MS1s and MS2s (just recorded lectures). No events with >20 people. We MS2s even had to take an exam this morning on our laptops at home because they didn't want us taking it together in a lecture hall. As of today there are multiple COVID-19 cases in the Bronx so I don't see it getting better in the near future. However, it seems like decisions are very much being made on a day-by-day basis.

May 14, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
really really sad that my march 13th interview is cancelled due to covid 19 precautions. I understand trying to keep people safe but i wish they’d do a skype interview because i’m so nervous they won’t be able to reschedule it
+1

Mine was 3/16. Has anyone from admissions reached out to anybody in the same boat about when they could possibly reschedule. I’m m coming from way across the country so also really worried I won’t be able to reschedule.

Also did they have April Interview dates already scheduled or was it till end of March?

• Sad
Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
+1

Mine was 3/16. Has anyone from admissions reached out to anybody in the same boat about when they could possibly reschedule. I’m m coming from way across the country so also really worried I won’t be able to reschedule.

Also did they have April Interview dates already scheduled or was it till end of March?
Sorry to hear that :( i don’t know about april- i’m assuming any recent iis were for then? I may reach out to admissions at the end of the week, if I do I will keep you all posted

About the Ads
Feb 19, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
It's anyone's guess how long precautions will last, but Einstein/Montefiore is taking this situation very seriously right now and using a lot of caution. Travel is highly discouraged and the school is no longer financing conference travel for the time being. No in-person classes this week for MS1s and MS2s (just recorded lectures). No events with >20 people. We MS2s even had to take an exam this morning on our laptops at home because they didn't want us taking it together in a lecture hall. As of today there are multiple COVID-19 cases in the Bronx so I don't see it getting better in the near future. However, it seems like decisions are very much being made on a day-by-day basis.
Wow. So, is it likely that they would cancel the Diversity Second Look event on March 22nd?

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: justbreathe33
Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
National guard was just stationed outside new rochelle to prohibit travel there. It’s not looking good :( edit: should have checked my sources, there is a containment zone but the guard is there to distribute food!

Last edited:
Reactions: dwu12

premed1875

5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Current students, what is aecom like now with Westchester undergoing a containment procedure?

About the Ads

premed1875

5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Well, it’s official - Second look has been cancelled due to COVID-19. They also just sent the health clearance forms - unrelated but amusing nonetheless!
There was a second look day? Did we get an email?

mangoangel

2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Can any current student comment on the MD, MS (CRTP) dual degree program?
I haven't done it but I've been considering it (I'm an M2 and you apply for the program during M3) and have spoken with some upperclassmen who have done it. You take the masters year between 3rd and 4th years, and you also have to have a faculty mentor and be working on research (there is a manuscript requirement) while completing the masters coursework. The coursework is things like biostats, epidemiology, research ethics. The nice thing is it's a tuition free year (Einstein only charges you for 4 years of tuition even if you take a research year/do a masters program). All the people I know who have done the program have done so because they were applying to highly competitive specialties and wanted a research year to build their resume for residency, and this is a more productive route than a normal research year (though it is possible to do that at Einstein as well with a $16k stipend). If you want to do a competitive specialty or match at a big academic center and need lots of research it's a great program.

Reactions: bigM6029
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: Premednyc

bigM6029

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2016
I haven't done it but I've been considering it (I'm an M2 and you apply for the program during M3) and have spoken with some upperclassmen who have done it. You take the masters year between 3rd and 4th years, and you also have to have a faculty mentor and be working on research (there is a manuscript requirement) while completing the masters coursework. The coursework is things like biostats, epidemiology, research ethics. The nice thing is it's a tuition free year (Einstein only charges you for 4 years of tuition even if you take a research year/do a masters program). All the people I know who have done the program have done so because they were applying to highly competitive specialties and wanted a research year to build their resume for residency, and this is a more productive route than a normal research year (though it is possible to do that at Einstein as well with a $16k stipend). If you want to do a competitive specialty or match at a big academic center and need lots of research it's a great program.
Thank you so much for your input!! May I PM you to ask a few questions regarding the program?

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I have an interview on April 24th...even though it's still a while away, do you think it's worth asking if it's possible it will be a remote/video interview?

Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I have an interview on April 24th...even though it's still a while away, do you think it's worth asking if it's possible it will be a remote/video interview?
I doubt it- mine was supposed to be today and when i reached out about being willing to do a virtual interview they basically said they’d have more info eventually so I think they’ll communicate as they make decisions :/

Reactions: Dani5055

jrb228

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed back in mid February and today I received an invite for a second interview via Zoom (virtually). Has this happened to anyone?

• Wow
Reactions: HPV

HPV

2+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2018
I interviewed back in mid February and today I received an invite for a second interview via Zoom (virtually). Has this happened to anyone?
Maybe they're using you as a guinea pig for their remaining interview, only slightly kidding

About the Ads