AspiringDoc721

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
middle of nowhere
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys/gals,

I made a discord server for the MMS program since I don't use facebook. I posted a message in the other thread, but the link is Join the LECOM MMS Discord Server! if anyone is interested in joining and is not actively following the new thread. Since the format is going to online all year, I thought it would be nice to have a discord server to study together and get to know each other. Thank you!

Jul 22, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm not totally sure how competitive it is to get in as it is a new MMS program and things are constantly changing. In my experience, as long as you have a clean background check, drug test, and no professionalism issues you should have no problem being accepted into the MMS program. You will need a qualifying MCAT/AIS score by the time you matriculate to the Med School, but you do not need this to be accepted into the MMS. As long as the prerequisites are met, and you seem like a professional and intrinsically motivated student, I see no reason why someone wouldn't be accepted.
I have some questions regarding this. On the program website, it says we need a 2.75 minimum GPA. But then it also says that 3.2+ for successful candidates. I have uGPA of 3.03 (this is after undergrade and post bacc work ). MCAT wise, it says " A competitive score is in the 40th percentile or higher. ", and i have a 494 on the MCAT (my reading was the lowest). Does this mean I won't be able to get into the program?

Jul 20, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I have some questions regarding this. On the program website, it says we need a 2.75 minimum GPA. But then it also says that 3.2+ for successful candidates. I have uGPA of 3.03 (this is after undergrade and post bacc work ). MCAT wise, it says " A competitive score is in the 40th percentile or higher. ", and i have a 494 on the MCAT (my reading was the lowest). Does this mean I won't be able to get into the program?
You should be able to get into the program, but I’m pretty sure you’ll have to retake your mcat and score at least 497 to be able to matriculate to the medical school after the MMS. Unless you use your SAT for the AIS, but I’m not entirely sure how that works.

Reactions: futuredoc_11
About the Ads
Jul 22, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
You should be able to get into the program, but I’m pretty sure you’ll have to retake your mcat and score at least 497 to be able to matriculate to the medical school after the MMS. Unless you use your SAT for the AIS, but I’m not entirely sure how that works.
thank you for replying! i contacted the school and they said exactly what you said. i will start studying for the MCAT for one of the March dates!

Jul 22, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
for the personal statement, is it ok if I reuse the personal statement I used for med school, except add a little bit about the MS program and I want to do it?

Jul 12, 2018
PA
Status
  1. Medical Student
for the personal statement, is it ok if I reuse the personal statement I used for med school, except add a little bit about the MS program and I want to do it?
I used my med school one. I made some changes based on the program and just If it need to be shorter I think then I cut out some sentences.

Reactions: futuredoc_11
Jul 22, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
any idea on how LOR's can be sent? on the instruction page it gives a mailing address, but my letter writer was wondering if there was an email address
thanks in advance.

Jul 22, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Your cGPA would be fine! I think the min. sGPA is a 2.7. I would send an email/call Jamie just to tell him how much you want to be in the program. You wouldn't want to get weeded out by any application filters!

When you say email or call to let them know how much you want this program, how do you recommend doing this? Should i just call them and literally say I really want to get in, and I need a chance to prove my self for medical and I now I can perform well in the program???

Jul 20, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I’m encountering an issue on the MMS application portal about the SAT. I know what my overall score was but took it like 7 years ago and have no record/recollection of the exact date or score breakdowns, which is asked and required. I never took the ACT so I was able to say no to that. My mcat is above 500 and I was just hoping to use that. Any advice on what to do about this?

Jan 3, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I’m encountering an issue on the MMS application portal about the SAT. I know what my overall score was but took it like 7 years ago and have no record/recollection of the exact date or score breakdowns, which is asked and required. I never took the ACT so I was able to say no to that. My mcat is above 500 and I was just hoping to use that. Any advice on what to do about this?
You can use your SAT score and GPA to apply for the master's program or just the MCAT. If you plan on using your MCAT score to apply, then the SAT would not be required since you are not using the AIS score to apply.

Jan 3, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
any idea on how LOR's can be sent? on the instruction page it gives a mailing address, but my letter writer was wondering if there was an email address
thanks in advance.

I sent my LORs to Jamie Murphy's email when I applied although I do not know if this has changed for this year's cycle. There should be instructions about LORs in the portal

Jul 20, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
You can use your SAT score and GPA to apply for the master's program or just the MCAT. If you plan on using your MCAT score to apply, then the SAT would not be required since you are not using the AIS score to apply.
Hey thanks for your reply, I planned on just using my mcat score but the thing is the MMS application portal asks if you’ve ever taken the SAT (required field). Now I have taken it so I felt it would be wrong to just say no, I was able to say no to the ACT question since I’ve never taken it. Anyway, through some serious effort I’ve been able to get my old scores sent to me through collegeboard (it’ll take like 15 days though) hope it’s not too late or anything.

May 20, 2014
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey thanks for your reply, I planned on just using my mcat score but the thing is the MMS application portal asks if you’ve ever taken the SAT (required field). Now I have taken it so I felt it would be wrong to just say no, I was able to say no to the ACT question since I’ve never taken it. Anyway, through some serious effort I’ve been able to get my old scores sent to me through collegeboard (it’ll take like 15 days though) hope it’s not too late or anything.
What did you have to do to get the scores?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads