2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m pretty sure they don’t superscore, but you could always email Jamie and ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

is the GPA requirement for this year still 3.2 or is it 3.3 (for Lake Erie campus)?
Also, to those that got accepted, what topics did you guys go for in your personal statement? Is it more like a med school personal statement or a little bit geared towards the masters program?

How competitive is this program? I just found out about it and submitted an app today after being waitlisted from the med school. I'm hoping they still have seats for the masters program though

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

is the GPA requirement for this year still 3.2 or is it 3.3 (for Lake Erie campus)?
Also, to those that got accepted, what topics did you guys go for in your personal statement? Is it more like a med school personal statement or a little bit geared towards the masters program?

It’s a 3.3 now! They had been doing 3.2 the past 2 years, but Florida’s MMS used the 3.3 and had good results. Erie decided to move to a 3.3 as well for the Fall class.

How competitive is this program? I just found out about it and submitted an app today after being waitlisted from the med school. I'm hoping they still have seats for the masters program though

The program isn’t competitive amongst classmates — most everyone has a collaborative outlook. If anyone ever is outwardly competitive it typically doesn’t go over well. I would imagine they still have plenty of seats - last year our class had 183 with some people accepted into the MMS right up until the week before school. I would definitely recommend this program! Let me know if you have any questions!

The program isn’t competitive amongst classmates — most everyone has a collaborative outlook. If anyone ever is outwardly competitive it typically doesn’t go over well. I would imagine they still have plenty of seats - last year our class had 183 with some people accepted into the MMS right up until the week before school. I would definitely recommend this program! Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for the info. Also I meant competitive as in how hard is it to get into this program

Thanks for the info. Also I meant competitive as in how hard is it to get into this program

I'm not totally sure how competitive it is to get in as it is a new MMS program and things are constantly changing. In my experience, as long as you have a clean background check, drug test, and no professionalism issues you should have no problem being accepted into the MMS program. You will need a qualifying MCAT/AIS score by the time you matriculate to the Med School, but you do not need this to be accepted into the MMS. As long as the prerequisites are met, and you seem like a professional and intrinsically motivated student, I see no reason why someone wouldn't be accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not totally sure how competitive it is to get in as it is a new MMS program and things are constantly changing. In my experience, as long as you have a clean background check, drug test, and no professionalism issues you should have no problem being accepted into the MMS program. You will need a qualifying MCAT/AIS score by the time you matriculate to the Med School, but you do not need this to be accepted into the MMS. As long as the prerequisites are met, and you seem like a professional and intrinsically motivated student, I see no reason why someone wouldn't be accepted.
oh for real lol I thought there was like a limited number of seats. I do have a clean background, okay stats, and I used the same personal statement from when I applied to their medical school so I'm hoping it doesn't look bad that I'm using the same thing. I just didn't know how to change it up completely bc it's the same story that drew me to medicine ya feel

Hi guys! Does anybody know if classes for Erie MMS are going to be in person/online this fall?

Hi guys! Does anybody know if classes for Erie MMS are going to be in person/online this fall?

We should know soon–Jamie notified us some time ago that the school would meet to decide after the governor’s update on 5/15.

Not sure if you received the email, but it was announced today that classes will be online for the entire academic year.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people matriculated into the DO program form the 2019-2020 masters class? I know it started with 183 people but id like to know how many successfully matriculated

Also if you get a 3.3 by the end of the year do you get a seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people matriculated into the DO program form the 2019-2020 masters class? I know it started with 183 people but id like to know how many successfully matriculated

Also if you get a 3.3 by the end of the year do you get a seat?
wondering this too

Hi! Also a former MMS student who just finished this program. If you have any questions or need help in any way, just PM me.

Not sure if someone has touched on this but what is the difference between the Erie and Bradenton campus? Should one be preferred?

Received an acceptance email from Jamie just yesterday. cGPA: 3.45 sGPA: 3.21 MCAT: 496
kinda sucks that I have to take MCAT again for 1 point.

did you not have a qualifying AIS score? Those are a little more lenient
Based on what I've been reading on the forum, I thought that I would need a 497 and 3.3 GPA in order to qualify for an interview at LECOM. I thought the AIS was taken into consideration for this program and not the medical school.

Last edited:
Based on what I've been reading on the forum, I thought that I would need a 497 and 3.3 GPA in order to qualify for an interview at LECOM. I thought the AIS was taken into consideration for this program and not the medical school.

I remember reading someone getting in contact with admissions and asking that same question. I could be wrong but I think they said AIS works for the med school as well. Can anyone confirm

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

AIS will get you in the med school unless something has changed over the past year or two.

AIS will get you in the med school unless something has changed over the past year or two.

You're correct! You need a qualifying AIS or MCAT score to matriculate into the medical school the following year.

Not sure if someone has touched on this but what is the difference between the Erie and Bradenton campus? Should one be preferred?

Wasn't quite sure if you meant the medical schools or the MMS programs. Bradenton also has its own MMS!

Bradenton operates as its own separate entity basically. Because of the rules associated with AOA back when that campus was created, it follows different protocol. Which was changed when the other branches were created. Bradenton is PBL only so if you wanted a different pathway, keep that in mind!

It is more difficult to go to Bradenton's med school branch after completing MMS at Erie, just because Bradenton also has an MMS program. It is doable, I had about 8 classmates or so head to Bradenton after finishing the year up at Erie. Though 1-2 has family there (which gives them first priority), and the other handful had 4.0s in the MMS. So you have to be exceptional or have family connections!

Erie operates as Erie, Seton Hill and Elmira. So you can rank those in your interview for medical school matriculation.

I just submitted my application yesterday after finding out about the program, does anyone know if they are still spots available? Also I'm taking my MCAT this weekend and I'm finishing up ochem 2 and physics 2 during the summer. Can some one give me more guidance on the application process and who to contact about questions?

I just submitted my application yesterday after finding out about the program, does anyone know if they are still spots available? Also I'm taking my MCAT this weekend and I'm finishing up ochem 2 and physics 2 during the summer. Can some one give me more guidance on the application process and who to contact about questions?
I completed the masters this year, there were people who applied the week before we started in August and they got in, so I’m pretty sure spots are still available. Best person to contact would be Jamie Murphy, he’s tough to reach on the phone but usually can get a hold of him via email.

I completed the masters this year, there were people who applied the week before we started in August and they got in, so I’m pretty sure spots are still available. Best person to contact would be Jamie Murphy, he’s tough to reach on the phone but usually can get a hold of him via email.
Thank You, I'm entering my grades in right now what does FR 1 and SO1 stand for? Also for letter of recommendation, we have to mail it to them so should I ask my recommenders to send them to me so I can mail it to them?

Thank You, I'm entering my grades in right now what does FR 1 and SO1 stand for? Also for letter of recommendation, we have to mail it to them so should I ask my recommenders to send them to me so I can mail it to them?
Also My overall cgpa is 3.37 and sgpa is 2.56. I know my science is low but do you think my stats are enough to get me an admission?

Freshman Semester 1 and Sophomore Semester 1.

How are we supposed to send letters of recommendation?
So what I did was emailed my professors the instructions and hopefully they completed it already lol. I'll email them to ask them. But I think they want a hard copy of the letters so they have to mail it. Here is "the link" to what I sent them.

So what I did was emailed my professors the instructions and hopefully they completed it already lol. I'll email them to ask them. But I think they want a hard copy of the letters so they have to mail it. Here is "the link" to what I sent them.
That link doesn't work, did you get an admission decision before you sent a letter of recommendation?

Also My overall cgpa is 3.37 and sgpa is 2.56. I know my science is low but do you think my stats are enough to get me an admission?

I have no clue lol. My stats are cGPA: 3.07 sGPA: 2.98 No MCAT. SAT: 480 Math 490 Reading (June 2015) I hope a miracle happens and i get in.

That link doesn't work, did you get an admission decision before you sent a letter of recommendation?
No. I just let them know i needed the recommendations and stent them the instructions when they told me they would do it. Also, you need to log in to see it. but here is the uploaded file if you didn't find it yet.

Attachments

• Erie MMS Letter of Recomm-Portal Instructions.pdf
    364.9 KB · Views: 50
I have no clue lol. My stats are cGPA: 3.07 sGPA: 2.98 No MCAT. SAT: 480 Math 490 Reading (June 2015) I hope a miracle happens and i get in.
I'm also hoping for a miracle right now. When did you apply?

Your cGPA would be fine! I think the min. sGPA is a 2.7. I would send an email/call Jamie just to tell him how much you want to be in the program. You wouldn't want to get weeded out by any application filters!

Jaime told me I could use interfolio to submit LORs.

Do you know if they make exceptions?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm sure they would be willing to listen to any special considerations you may have. Do you have a qualifying MCAT score for matriculation to the medical school the following semester?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm sure they would be willing to listen to any special considerations you may have. Do you have a qualifying MCAT score for matriculation to the medical school the following semester?
I just took my MCAT but my AIS score was 118 so I wouldn't need to send my MCAT scores right?

Does anyone know if the you meet or exceed the 3.3 MMS GPA, and meet all other requirements (MCAT, etc.) can you be denied admission to LECOM if your overall AACOMAS GPA is below a 3.2? In other words, have people with 3.3+ in MMS gotten in despite having a low cumulative/science GPA. (LECOM's site states 3.2+ defines a competitive applicant)
Did the MMS this past year, they mainly look at your MMS gpa when considering you for the medical school.

I just took my MCAT but my AIS score was 118 so I wouldn't need to send my MCAT scores right?

Yeah your AIS is qualifying I believe so you're all set there. I would send your MCAT anyways just so it's in your file!

Did any of you work while apart of the program?

Working during the program is HIGHLY frowned upon. I personally don't know anyone who held a "traditional" job during the program. I know a few people who did Uber/Lyft, Instacart, online teaching etc. But this was only after their routine was established and they were holding down pretty good grades.