2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
An FYI for anyone considering it, but Albert Einstein was my top program so I did send an appeal letter and received a (very polite) form “decisions are final” email.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else still not hear back from them yet? Complete 09/10

Reactions: 1 users
also survived this R wave. maybe they're hanging on to a last handful of applicants to send any II spots that free up when people cancel theirs in march/april?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Hi there, I interviewed this week and am wondering about how long Einstein takes to get back to you with a decision, or if there's a set date somewhere that I've overlooked. Apologies if this has already been asked.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I interviewed this week and am wondering about how long Einstein takes to get back to you with a decision, or if there's a set date somewhere that I've overlooked. Apologies if this has already been asked.
I think it is all rolling! I interviewed in late january and haven't heard anything yet.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood M1 again

I saw that there was a pretty big wave of Rs this week. If anyone who received an R is still on this thread, I wanted to take a second and send a quick reminder that this decision does not reflect you as a person, nor does it say anything about whether you deserve to be here. You've heard it all before, but they received record numbers of applications this year, and they had to miss out on a lot of really talented and qualified applicants. If anyone wants to reach out for support, please feel free to send me a message!

To everyone who has not heard back, I remember this being an incredibly difficult time, so I get what you may be going through. Try to remember that no news is simply no news - try not to read too much into the silence. The cycle isn't over, and Einstein sends out acceptances pretty late from what I remember! Try to keep your head up!

I'll keep popping in periodically - I've seen that some of my classmates are here too (hey guys!), so send along any questions and I'm sure one of us will be able to help! Best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Does anyone know what the 'Educational Technology Fee' is for? It's pretty steep at $3k/yr... are we given laptops or something?

How long before your interview do they send you a Zoom link?

is there any way to find out your interviewer's name beforehand?

My II is this Friday and I still have not received the Zoom link. Should I reach out to the admissions?

My II is this Friday and I still have not received the Zoom link. Should I reach out to the admissions?
I got my zoom info on the tuesday before my Friday interview in January so I think they'll send it to you today or tomorrow!

What’s the decision turn around looking like? Interviewed early Feb and would really love to go here so getting a bit anxious 🥴

I got mine Thursday for a Monday interview - was legit about to contact them to ask them for it

Are Jan./Feb. interviewers hearing back this week?

any other december interviewees still waiting to hear anything at all?

Reactions: 3 users
Apologies if this has been repeated before - is Einstein still sending out Interview Invites? Haven't heard anything from them, and wondering if they're done at this point....

Apologies if this has been repeated before - is Einstein still sending out Interview Invites? Haven't heard anything from them, and wondering if they're done at this point....
they interview through april and there was just a large R wave so i presume II's are theoretically available to those of us remaining (since people might drop their interviews this and next month) but will be few and far between

Does Einstein let interviewees know who will be interviewing them?

Does Einstein let interviewees know who will be interviewing them?
apparently they tell you in the email that contains the interview zoom link. you ge this a few days before the interview

Anyone know if interviews being held in April will be considered for a spot in the class? Not sure if I will end up doing the interview if it is just for waitlist.

they interview through april and there was just a large R wave so i presume II's are theoretically available to those of us remaining (since people might drop their interviews this and next month) but will be few and far between
for what it's worth, i got an II last Tuesday & there were a few dates in April still open on the portal when i scheduled my interview!

(not sure if its an interview for a seat in the class or for the waitlist, tho)

for those who interviewed in jan-feb, it looks like another wave of post-II decisions went out on march 5 last year

Reactions: 7 users
anyone else interview in fall and not hear anything from the last round of A's/WL/R's?

Reactions: 4 users
Does any current student know how merit aid is distributed other than the "holistic" review that the administrators mentioned during the accepted students meeting? They also said 40% of students get merit aid... up to full tuition or cost of living, I forget which.

anyone else interview in fall and not hear anything from the last round of A's/WL/R's?
Yep - I think we are bound for the "HPWL" that they have done in years' past. I think emails for that are released some time in March anyway

Does any current student know how merit aid is distributed other than the "holistic" review that the administrators mentioned during the accepted students meeting? They also said 40% of students get merit aid... up to full tuition or cost of living, I forget which.
Hey! I'm not sure the criteria they use, but they consider the financial aid questionnaire strongly when making this decision.
Merit aid is often not full tuition. This just often helps to reduce the amount of loans you need to take out (via grad plus for example) - you can take out up to cost of attendance, including merit and need-based aid, as well as other scholarships in loans. So if you get 25k in merit aid and COA is 85k, you would only have to take out 60k in loans (I use "only" loosely lol) instead of 85k in loans. Over 15 years, that is a pretty significant difference!
Does that answer your question?

Does anyone know if there’s an approx. timeline for hearing back post-interview for folks interviewing around this time? I interviewed earlier this week, but we didn’t discuss this at all.

based on last year's thread, they sent out another round of post ii R's on march 4 & waitlists march 5