2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Think I just got a WL email? Is that what “rolling admissions status” refers to here?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the "EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS" email!! Not an A but I think it is a likely sign that it will turn into an A

Reactions: 1 users
I got a rolling admission email at 7:19pm EST. I think thats HPWL but I'm not sure. Interviewed October

For those who reported a WL just now, was it labeled as "rolling admissions" for you? Also, if any of you feel comfortable, would you mind posting the language the email you received? Thanks!!!

got the rolling admission email ~10 mins ago as well!

Anyone from an October interview (or earlier) waiting for a decision?

I got a rolling admission email at 7:19pm EST. I think thats HPWL but I'm not sure. Interviewed October
I interviewed in December and have yet to receive an email :(

EDIT: received an email with "March Update" in the subject -- stated no final decision has been made on my app :(

crossing my fingers for a good outcome soon

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the “March update” email?

Reactions: 3 users
Was every interview in February/March for a waitlist spot ? Any thoughts on this?

Did anyone get the “March update” email?
+1, confused bc it’s not a WL/R/A lol. How do they not know yet when I interviewed 3 months ago?

Also didnt see these emails in previous threads so that’s great, more limbo

What is the HPWL?

I got an email that says "This email comes to inform you that the Committee on Admissions was very favorably impressed with your application, and delighted that we had the opportunity to meet you. At this time, however, we are not able to provide you with a final decision; we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks."

Is this a waitlist email?

What is the HPWL?

I got an email that says "This email comes to inform you that the Committee on Admissions was very favorably impressed with your application, and delighted that we had the opportunity to meet you. At this time, however, we are not able to provide you with a final decision; we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks."

This is what I got. No idea what it means.

What is the HPWL?

I think this is the HPWL

+1, confused bc it’s not a WL/R/A lol. How do they not know yet when I interviewed 3 months ago?

Also didnt see these emails in previous threads so that’s great, more limbo
You’re telling me when I interviewed 5 months ago LOL

• Care
*refreshes email repeatedly even though I interviewed 2 days ago*

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Rolling admissions 5:07 pm PST: I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, in a separate email, to Ms. Mary Pace at [email protected] . In addition, please check the appropriate box on this

We look forward to hearing from you by March 22. If we do not hear back from you by then, we may assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the roster of candidates. If you answer, "yes," on the webpage that you would like to hold your place, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] prior to the deadline.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and all best wishes,
Dean Kerrigan

Last edited:
so to my understanding,

“waitlist” email is a WL
“rolling admissions” email is HPWL
“march update” is deferral/they just haven’t made a decision yet

Reactions: 5 users
so to my understanding,

“waitlist” email is a WL
“rolling admissions” email is HPWL
“march update” is deferral/they just haven’t made a decision yet
I got the march update but interviewed in December...I'm starting to think I may not get in here

Early feb. you have any theories?
If yall have theories -- please share. I interviewed early December for reference. Truly cannot gauge what to make of it -- whether it is better or worse than the WL email itself.
I'd be thrilled if this turns into a HPWL for us by next month :)

Last edited:
If yall have theories -- please share. I interviewed early December for reference.
I'd be thrilled if this turns into a HPWL for us by next month :)
I feel like they are just unsure on us and will evaluate us all again later with the rest of applicants who haven’t interviewed yet. To me it doesn’t feel like the best place to be, but I guess it could be worse.

Has anyone received an A after Feb 1st? I've only seen Pre/Post-II R's and WLs. I'm interviewing in March so prob not a good sign

If placed on the WL, do you think its a good idea to send updates or LOIs? Or is that discouraged?

I feel like they are just unsure on us and will evaluate us all again later with the rest of applicants who haven’t interviewed yet. To me it doesn’t feel like the best place to be, but I guess it could be worse.
I feel like this, too. Bummed.

Same lol. Seems like A > HPWL > WL > "march update" > R

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Same lol. Seems like A > HPWL > WL > "march update" > R
Idk about that though I feel like it is completely pointless to have a waitlist for the waitlist and then have a waitlist above that, but then again nothing surprises me anymore

Anyone know how likely applicants are to get pulled off HPWL

Anyone know how likely applicants are to get pulled off HPWL
Based on previous years’ threads, it seems like many (but not all) HPWL folks are eventually offered an acceptance. This year is so weird though, so who knows

Idk about that though I feel like it is completely pointless to have a waitlist for the waitlist and then have a waitlist above that, but then again nothing surprises me anymore
Yeah I keep going back and forth between “they could’ve rejected you” and “this doesn’t feel promising”

* sorry to everyone who did receive an R this wave, I hope our confusion does not come across as insensitive. Y’all will be excellent physicians, I am sure