2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
n
They sent out no A's?
not that I could see when I skimmed it. but, I believe the notion that they don't send A's after February has been refuted. it's just a smaller amount from what I have heard.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete since late July and haven't heard anything, not sure why they are keeping some of us around still lol

Members don't see this ad :)
So, are we hearing back today? 👀

So, are we hearing back today? 👀
I'm hoping! Based on last year if we did it would be most likely around 11:05AM EST.. But not trying to get my hopes up

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard of any schools mentioning anything about second(tbh first) look

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people interviewing in early March interview for the WL? and when do the decisions come out for them?

There’s a new Covid variant in NYC Near Einstein now so ...

• Sad
Hey! I'm not sure the criteria they use, but they consider the financial aid questionnaire strongly when making this decision.
Merit aid is often not full tuition. This just often helps to reduce the amount of loans you need to take out (via grad plus for example) - you can take out up to cost of attendance, including merit and need-based aid, as well as other scholarships in loans. So if you get 25k in merit aid and COA is 85k, you would only have to take out 60k in loans (I use "only" loosely lol) instead of 85k in loans. Over 15 years, that is a pretty significant difference!
Does that answer your question?
I thought they said we didn't need to fill anything out for merit aid since it has nothing to do with FAFSA or our need based aid.

In the past three years they have always sent out decisions this week, but the day has varied between Wed/Thurs/Fri. So if we don't hear back today I have a feeling we will hear something tomorrow. In case anyone is interested!

Reactions: 2 users
I thought they said we didn't need to fill anything out for merit aid since it has nothing to do with FAFSA or our need based aid.
Yeah I think I heard that too but also that we needed to fill out the questionnaire. I also remember that merit aid is 1) holistic 2) will be out earliest approx March 15th 3) there will be rounds.

Do you think someone can contact them about this? They seem to have taken down the videos....

If I am waiting on a decision, should I do the fin aid questionnaire? I have turned in FAFSA already, but I wanted to see of there is anything else I can do in terms of financial aid right now?

Yeah I think I heard that too but also that we needed to fill out the questionnaire. I also remember that merit aid is 1) holistic 2) will be out earliest approx March 15th 3) there will be rounds.

Do you think someone can contact them about this? They seem to have taken down the videos....
But I don't need to fill it out to see what my merit aid is tho right?

I don't remember clearly.... It may just be information for them to keep you on file? It's not that long to fill out and I did it in ~15 min. It's supposed to be decided by the admissions committee but I wouldn't be surprised if they n eeded it to correspond with each other lol

I don't remember clearly.... It may just be information for them to keep you on file? It's not that long to fill out and I did it in ~15 min. It's supposed to be decided by the admissions committee but I wouldn't be surprised if they n eeded it to correspond with each other lol
Can you fill out this form prior to acceptance post-interview?

Hey! This was pretty confusing my year too. I am pretty sure you need to fill out the FAQ either way, unless things have changed. Here is the link to the FAQ

https://einsteinmed.org/uploadedFil...aq-einstein-incoming-students.pdf?version=1.1

If you really don't want to fill this out, definitely email student financial aid at [email protected] just to make sure that's ok - they can answer any questions. They are usually really responsive.

I heard from my advisor that the dean told her some of us are getting emails next week......eeeeek

Hey! This was pretty confusing my year too. I am pretty sure you need to fill out the FAQ either way, unless things have changed. Here is the link to the FAQ

https://einsteinmed.org/uploadedFil...aq-einstein-incoming-students.pdf?version=1.1

If you really don't want to fill this out, definitely email student financial aid at [email protected] just to make sure that's ok - they can answer any questions. They are usually really responsive.
Oh thanks for clarifying that! Really appreciate it 👍👍👍

WL, interviewed in early Feb.

Based on last year's thread, there were two version of wait-list-style emails that went out around this time - a "rolling admissions" email and a "wait list" email. It seemed as though people who received a "rolling admissions" email were more likely to be admitted than those who received a "wait list" email. Not sure if this is the case again this year, but feel free to browse last year's thread.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Post II R, interviewed Feb 8th and then had a second interview Feb 23rd. I thought the interview went really well, evidently not.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
WL, interviewed in early Feb.

Based on last year's thread, there were two version of wait-list-style emails that went out around this time - a "rolling admissions" email and a "wait list" email. It seemed as though people who received a "rolling admissions" email were more likely to be admitted than those who received a "wait list" email. Not sure if this is the case again this year, but feel free to browse last year's thread.
The WL email seemed to have a positive connotation. Idk if that will translate to good WL movement tho

+1 WL. Not sure if there is a HPWL this year but if there is I am bummed because I felt really good about this interview.

• Care
is there anyway to know if these all went out at the same time or are they going 1 by 1?

I think they'll wait till after 4/30 before giving out more As...just to avoid over-enrollment