2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has Einstein sent any post-II R's yet?
To my knowledge, they don’t start sending post-II decisions until starting February 1 (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone sent an update letter? Where did you send it? There does not seem to be a spot for it in the portal.
I have! They only accept post-interview FYI, but I emailed my letter in Word format to the email address in the Interview Day Survey they sent :)

Reactions: 1 users
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if we can send additional LOR (making you over the 5 letter limit)? I found this on the website, but I am still unsure-

"ADDITIONAL LETTERS: Applicants are invited to include with their AMCAS letter packet one or two additional letters of recommendation from individuals with whom they have worked closely. These can be from faculty, employers, research mentors or volunteer directors. Applicants applying to the MSTP must submit two letters of reference from past research mentors. "

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry if this has been asked but do they accept interest letters post-interview? would it be emailed or in a portal

Hey all! Looking for some advice, I interviewed pretty early on and am wanting to update them with my additional hours. When would be the best time to do this? I want to push it out as far as I can so I have significantly more to add, but also want to ensure they see it before finalizing a decision. Would early January be too late? I will have added 1000 clinical hours by then.
Has anyone sent an update letter? Where did you send it? There does not seem to be a spot for it in the portal.
Unfortunately, I don't think Einstein accepts update letters.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I am wanting to send one post interview as well. How soon after did you send? I am thinking I might send it end of Dec to make sure it’s in my file before review.
I interviewed 10/1 and sent it in mid November because I had a substantial update. I think 1000 added clinical hours certainly warrants an update! I’d send in early/mid December or early January just so it doesn’t coincide with the holiday break but I feel that the earlier the better since you never know when they will review

Is Einstein still sending out lls? Or are people that are getting them just not posting about it on sdn? This forum has been pretty dead lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Is Einstein still sending out lls? Or are people that are getting them just not posting about it on sdn? This forum has been pretty died lately.
I knew someone who got an II from them in April of this past cycle.

I knew someone who got an II from them in April of this past cycle.
Did that person ever receive an A? A few schools last cycle extended IIs into March and April because they were slammed with the surge in applications and never quite caught up from the delays at the beginning of the cycle as they learned how to work around COVID.

A lot of people thought virtual interviews would cause people to hoard As, and that there would be a lot more WL movement than usual. That increased movement never manifested.

I always thought schools interviewing that late were just padding their WLs out of an abundance of caution. I never took the time to try to map people reporting late IIs to people later reporting As, so it would encouraging to hear that your friend's late II was more than just insurance for the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did that person ever receive an A? A few schools last cycle extended IIs into March and April because they were slammed with the surge in applications and never quite caught up from the delays at the beginning of the cycle as they learned how to work around COVID.

A lot of people thought virtual interviews would cause people to hoard As, and that there would be a lot more WL movement than usual. That increased movement never manifested.

I always thought schools interviewing that late were just padding their WLs out of an abundance of caution. I never took the time to try to map people reporting late IIs to people later reporting As, so it would encouraging to hear that your friend's late II was more than just insurance for the school.
One of my friends sent an update here last February, received an interview + acceptance in March. I know it’s just one instance, but there is hope that these later interviews are not just insurance for the school, but are actually interested in us! :)

Reactions: 2 users
One of my friends sent an update here last February, received an interview + acceptance in March. I know it’s just one instance, but there is hope that these later interviews are not just insurance for the school, but are actually interested in us! :)
Yup. Normally, IIs are not just insurance for most schools, no matter when they occur, because they plan well and build an adequate WL during the planned interview season. They also leave a few As for the end, because they know from past experience that they are going to love some of the people they see at the end.

Last year was a aberration due to the all consuming nature of the pandemic. It caused a terrible delay on the front end with respect to primary verifications, which was then compounded by the huge unplanned for surge in applications.

The result was that many schools interviewed more people than ever before, and extended their cycle later into the spring than ever before in an effort to get through their pile and prepare for a worst case scenario in which they had a lot more than usual dropping As at the 4/30 deadline. My point was that, in a normal cycle, people probably should not count on IIs still going out in April. Some schools actually have CTE deadlines on 4/30! I was just wondering if anyone who knows anyone who received one last year got an A as a result.

Not true, they do accept updates post interview! I sent one in and it was added to my file
Apologies, I missed the crucial bit where the poster said they had already interviewed. I think they just don't accept pre-II updates.

II received! IS, complete 8/31, stats in the signature :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Is the interview a full-day event or is it just the interview? Based off the registration it seems like we only really have to block off an hour and I'm too stupid to figure out if there's anything else on that day. Just want to know if I should be taking the day off work or not.

Is the interview a full-day event or is it just the interview? Based off the registration it seems like we only really have to block off an hour and I'm too stupid to figure out if there's anything else on that day. Just want to know if I should be taking the day off work or not.
It’s just the interview

anyone else not hear back yet after being complete early?

Reactions: 3 users
Does einstein accept pre interview updates? And if they do where should I send them

Sent secondary essays and supplemental information in early august, just got an II on 12/9, only saw late January interview dates open

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Super random lol. For anyone rejected post-interview from MD or MSTP, did you receive a rejection letter in the mail?

Do people get acceptances/responses from Einstein before February?

I have a coworker who applied this year telling everyone that she got into Einstein…
Their website states that regular MD hears back earliest in February, maybe she is MD/PhD or things changes ?

So based on the posts above (and post-interview email) it seems they accept Update letters, but I don't think I have any updates since they already know what I'm doing during my gap year. Does anyone know if they accept post-II letters of interest?

Anyone else complete in late July and not hear anything yet?

Reactions: 8 users
hi all I apologize if this has already been asked, but how/can we send transcript updates?

Decisions are announced 2/1/22.
Sorry, just catching up on this thread--does this also refer to people who haven't interviewed? Meaning, if we haven't heard anything by Feb 1, that's when we'll receive the formal rejection?

Sorry, just catching up on this thread--does this also refer to people who haven't interviewed? Meaning, if we haven't heard anything by Feb 1, that's when we'll receive the formal rejection?
I doubt it. Since they interview into March, it's highly unlikely, since they haven't been sending out Rs all along, that they will do so before they are done sending out IIs.

hi all I apologize if this has already been asked, but how/can we send transcript updates?
How common is it for people to send transcript updates? This is my first time hearing of it.

How common is it for people to send transcript updates? This is my first time hearing of it.
At Einstein, or in general? Not sure how common it is in general, but I imagine it depends on the school. For example, I just saw one school (Wake Forest, I believe) say they accept activity updates but NOT transcript updates. As for Einstein, they definitely do not want anything pre-II. If you've already interviewed, and you did well in your fall classes, then I assume it can't hurt. Though, like many people have said, I'm growing more and more skeptical that updates matter either way :/

For anyone wondering, from Einstein's website:

We ask that you not send any updates after your application is completed, unless requested by the Admissions Committee. Anything that you would like to send prior to the completion of your application should be sent as quickly as possible. Applicants who are interviewed may send updates after their interview, up until a final notice of disposition is sent from the Admissions Office.