2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Complete 8/26 OOS

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm interviewing here in mid/late January, and it sounds first decisions come out in the first few days of February. Does anyone know if January interviewees will be included in those first results, or will they have to wait?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm interviewing here in mid/late January, and it sounds first decisions come out in the first few days of February. Does anyone know if January interviewees will be included in those first results, or will they have to wait?
when were you complete? and stats please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
II received 01/04 complete 8/19 LM 73.6 IS ORM reapplicant! FYI for re-applicant interviewees, if you interviewed here last year, shoot an email to Mary Pace so she can forward it to IT so that they can reset your interview portal otherwise you won't be able to schedule a new interview for this cycle!

Does anyone know if we will receive a decision email on February 1 along with regular mail, or do we have to wait for the snail mail to know?

Does anyone know if we will receive a decision email on February 1 along with regular mail, or do we have to wait for the snail mail to know?
Looking at the thread from last year, they sent the first round of A emails early in the morning - 7:30-8EST. R emails came later in the day and WL emails came towards the end of the business day.

Typically As are released in the morning with a whole bunch of emails (mine was like 6:30am EST), Rs later in the day. You'll get an acceptance letter in the mail later on. After Feb 1 they release results in waves every few weeks so don't be discouraged if you don't hear back that day.

Typically As are released in the morning with a whole bunch of emails (mine was like 6:30am EST), Rs later in the day. You'll get an acceptance letter in the mail later on. After Feb 1 they release results in waves every few weeks so don't be discouraged if you don't hear back that day.
Whar about ppl who havent gotten an II yet?

Sweet thanks! I interviewed back in October so I am hoping I get to hear the first day😂

Just got the II!
Complete 10/13
Only available dates are end of Feb

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is

Reactions: 1 user
Whar about ppl who havent gotten an II yet?
They send out IIs throughout the winter and interview into the spring, typically final acceptance rounds are in June. So they almost certainly haven't finished sending out IIs, they'll keep sending them out as students respond to acceptances.
does they accept update letters?
They do after you interview, not before.
Just got the II!
Complete 10/13
Only available dates are end of Feb
Congratulations! Just to keep everyone's spirits up, I know plenty of people who interviewed later in the cycle (even March and April) who ended up getting A's!

Vario
anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is
MSAR reports 8,072 verified applications and 938 interviews. For those application numbers, various unofficial resources report ~350 acceptances which is a 37% post-II acceptance rate. However, this data on MSAR appears not to be for the recently completed 2020–2021 cycle as Einstein reports 9,773 applications and 1,200 interviews for the class that applied that cycle.

I know they're still sending out IIs but seems like they've moved past any remaining summer apps? Complete mid July and haven't heard anything... Assuming this is an R?

Reactions: 3 users
I know they're still sending out IIs but seems like they've moved past any remaining summer apps? Complete mid July and haven't heard anything... Assuming this is an R?
It's not over until it's over!

Anybody know what the dress code is for the student zoom?

Just withdrew my II here. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 9 users
It was really casual. One of the med students was on a treadmill during mine lol. I stayed in my interview outfit but I think business casual is fine

I was in regular clothes for mine. It was the most laid back student zoom session I had.

Just got the pre-II R for MSTP after being complete August 28! Said they would pass it on to MD only but I'll be withdrawing my app at this point. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Could a current student or anyone who knows please tell me if the lectures are still not recorded please? Thanks!!

Could a current student or anyone who knows please tell me if the lectures are still not recorded please? Thanks!!
All regular lectures are recorded as well as streamed live. Large and small group sessions such as case conferences, workshops, and discussions are not recorded and attendance is expected.

Is there any value in submitting a post-II letter of interest at this point? I know they accept update letters post-II, but I don't have any significant updates. I just wanted to express how interested I am in the school, especially since I interviewed in Sep and decisions are coming out soon.

Anyone know what the dress code is for the "Uncle Albert" Meet Up? I want to attend but I need to head into lab after the interview so I don't want to be wearing suit and tie still

Anyone know what the dress code is for the "Uncle Albert" Meet Up? I want to attend but I need to head into lab after the interview so I don't want to be wearing suit and tie still
Casual! Some people were dressed up because they just had their interview but most everyone in my session was dressed casually (including the med students).

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any value in submitting a post-II letter of interest at this point? I know they accept update letters post-II, but I don't have any significant updates. I just wanted to express how interested I am in the school, especially since I interviewed in Sep and decisions are coming out soon.
Also wondering the same thing! Interviewed early Sept. and have been trying to stay hopeful ever since.

I guess 11:11 is actually lucky because I just got an Il! Can't access the registration portal yet so I'm not sure what days are available. I was complete early august

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I guess 11:11 is actually lucky because I just got an Il! Can't access the registration portal yet so I'm not sure what days are available. I was complete early august
+1 at exactly 11:11. When I go to register for the interview portal it says I'm not allowed to register yet. I'm assuming the same is happening with you from your post?

+1 at exactly 11:11. When I go to register for the interview portal it says I'm not allowed to register yet. I'm assuming the same is happening with you from your post?
Yes I was having that same issues, but when I tried again this morning it was working. Earliest interview was 2/22 with dates through like 3/10

Also II! IS, complete early August, reapplicant (no interview here last cycle).

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
is that part of the interview or something anyone can attend?
I think it's just for people who are interviewing. They sent out an email before my interview day with the link, letting us know that it was not mandatory, and it took place on the afternoon of my interview day.

I think it's just for people who are interviewing. They sent out an email before my interview day with the link, letting us know that it was not mandatory, and it took place on the afternoon of my interview day.
oh okay, I'm interviewing in 3 weeks so maybe I'll hear more about it closer to that day?

oh okay, I'm interviewing in 3 weeks so maybe I'll hear more about it closer to that day?
Yes! I got the link a few days before the interview. It was a great session, very casual, and made me love the school even more after seeing how enthusiastic the current students were.

Yes! I got the link a few days before the interview. It was a great session, very casual, and made me love the school even more after seeing how enthusiastic the current students were.
incredible thank you so much for your insight!!

II received a few minutes ago! Complete 7/22, OOS, LM 64 and URM. This came at a shock to me, it is my first II ever!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 31 users