2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess Albert Einstein doesn't review apps in order?
It could be sort of like GW where they put you on "hold" (except whereas GW tells you you're on hold, AE doesn't) to consider sending an II later in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
late sept
Why do you think you are receiving such a quick turnaround at so many schools, both positive and negative, when so many people who were complete from the end of June through the end of July haven't heard anything at all from most schools?

Why do you think you are receiving such a quick turnaround at so many schools, both positive and negative, when so many people who were complete from the end of June through the end of July haven't heard anything at all from most schools?
That is a question I would also like to know lol. It seems like those who submitted early hear silence (not even rejections) but those who are submitting later are getting much quicker rejections and acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
That is a question I would also like to know lol. It seems like those who submitted early hear silence (not even rejections) but those who are submitting later are getting much quicker rejections and acceptances.
That legitimately does happen for a variety of reasons, but I've never seen or heard of anyone, no matter how awesome, receiving so much immediate success after applying so late!

That legitimately does happen for a variety of reasons, but I've never seen or heard of anyone, no matter how awesome, receiving so much immediate success after applying so late!
True. I wish people would just provide more context than just announcing they they have an II or an R (or even an A!). I mean, the point of this forum is to track your application in relation to others and to discuss information about schools with others who applied there, which would be useful to all of us. Just announcing that you have an II or whatever without any context seems a bit pointless, unless the point is to just brag. Thousands of posts wasted in just following up these empty announcements with "Congrats, what's your stats?" "What's your complete date?"…Why not just volunteer with this info so that the rest of us neurotic lot don't freak out and start doubting ourselves even more than we already are? It is a stressful period for all of us. Can we just be a bit more considerate?

As it happens, I did follow up with this particular poster. Turns out they are a really high stats applicant with stellar LORs, ECs, and a URM. I guess that combination adds up to their X factor.

Reactions: 6 users
True. I wish people would just provide more context than just announcing they they have an II or an R (or even an A!). I mean, the point of this forum is to track your application in relation to others and to discuss information about schools with others who applied there, which would be useful to all of us. Just announcing that you have an II or whatever without any context seems a bit pointless, unless the point is to just brag. Thousands of posts wasted in just following up these empty announcements with "Congrats, what's your stats?" "What's your complete date?"…Why not just volunteer with this info so that the rest of us neurotic lot don't freak out and start doubting ourselves even more than we already are? It is a stressful period for all of us. Can we just be a bit more considerate?

As it happens, I did follow up with this particular poster. Turns out they are a really high stats applicant with stellar LORs, ECs, and a URM. I guess that combination adds up to their X factor.
You make good points, but sometimes the value is just knowing that IIs, Rs or whatever are going out. I never ask about completion date or stats because they don't mean anything to me, since I know they are irrelevant to what's going to happen with MY application. Just knowing the school is doing something, however, does have some value to me, regardless of the poster's motivation in sharing.

X factor aside, who gets that much attention, from that many schools, in that timeline, after dropping applications that late, and then wondering, it's been a week, where are my IIs, at every school that hasn't responded?

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Well sometimes people are just so excited to announce something, they may not think to put stats or other info. I know I’ve been guilty of it.

give me II or give me death

Reactions: 12 users
I submitted months ago and radio silence so I am not sure what to make of it

I submitted months ago and radio silence so I am not sure what to make of it
+1, but reading threads from previous years some people got IIs in March and eventually got accepted

At this point no news is good news since I also got rejections from other schools 🥲

Reactions: 1 users
+1, but reading threads from previous years some people got IIs in March and eventually got accepted

At this point no news is good news since I also got rejections from other schools 🥲
yep, especially given they don't even send acceptances until February lol

make sure to check your spams!!! my II was in my spam folder and i am so lucky i checked. best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know where to send thank you letters for the interview?

Does anyone know where to send thank you letters for the interview?
I just sent mine directly to my interviewer. If they did not give their email to you, you may be able to find their email online if they are faculty or associated with Montefiore!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard of an Einstein re-applicant getting an interview again the second time around? I know they don't consider apps from those who have applied twice before, so I'm not sure how well they regard re-applicants. I was waitlisted last year and REALLY hoping they'll offer an II again :( Pretty sure they don't accept pre-II updates so I'm not sure how I can help my case

• Care
Any tips from people who completed the interview? I would really appreciate it.
second the comment above^ my interviewer asked pretty detailed questions about my app so definitely make sure you know it. I would also have some other stories or clinical examples you didn’t already touch upon in your app so you’re not being too repetitive cuz that did throw me off a tiny bit. It was truly a convo and went beyond an hour, definitely one of my favorite and most laid back interviews by far. You got this!

Has anyone heard of an Einstein re-applicant getting an interview again the second time around? I know they don't consider apps from those who have applied twice before, so I'm not sure how well they regard re-applicants. I was waitlisted last year and REALLY hoping they'll offer an II again :( Pretty sure they don't accept pre-II updates so I'm not sure how I can help my case
I’m in the same situation. I feel like my app is stronger than last year’s but Im yet to get an II from any school.

I'm a reapp who got an II on first day

second the comment above^ my interviewer asked pretty detailed questions about my app so definitely make sure you know it. I would also have some other stories or clinical examples you didn’t already touch upon in your app so you’re not being too repetitive cuz that did throw me off a tiny bit. It was truly a convo and went beyond an hour, definitely one of my favorite and most laid back interviews by far. You got this!
I agree with this! It's very conversational and relaxed. A bit worried bc mine was only 30 mins so I hope I didn't mess up LOL

Did everyone get an invite to the virtual diversity open house?

Reactions: 2 users
Is Einstein a school that sends all the rejections at the end of the cycle?

Reactions: 3 users
Is Einstein a school that sends all the rejections at the end of the cycle?
I don't think so, not all of them at least. Earlier in this thread there were some Rs

Does Einstein accept application updates? I didnt see an option on the portal to upload

• Hmm
Does Einstein accept application updates? I didnt see an option on the portal to upload
I checked a few days ago and they only accept them post-interview according to their website.

Does anyone have advice for the MSTP interviews? I have the formal ones tomorrow 😓

Does anyone have advice for the MSTP interviews? I have the formal ones tomorrow 😓
I got the MSTP R from einstein but ive been on many other MD/PhD Interviews

MSTP side of things r usually really chill, basic conversation/vibe check

II an hour ago, complete 8/14. Stats in signature. Will most likely be withdrawing, best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 9 users
havent heard anything and complete in early/mid july... soft R?
There really is no way to know if you've been rejected or not at a school. Just remember that you aren't out of the race until you receive a hard rejection! Also please don't spam every thread since the answer will be similar for every school.

Reactions: 9 users