2021 Neurocritical Care Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Methodical_Science

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All. Long time lurker, but wanted to start a thread on the 2020-2021 NCC Match cycle (for positions in 2022) given that application submissions opened last week. It’s very early in the cycle but thought it would be a good idea for a thread refresh for current and future applicants (since the last thread I saw chronicling different match related questions was from 2016) as different questions come along. Hopefully there are other applicants on SDN who can contribute.

My understanding is that interviews typically happen between January and April? With invites to interview starting to go out in November? Hard to find information on this, but that seemed to be the consensus from people I talked to.

At least for now I think interviews are most likely to be virtual interviews as well due to the pandemic, which will be something unique to factor into our experiences this year. Also another reason why I think a match thread will be particularly useful this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for putting up a separate thread for NCC match 2021 for 2022. This is what i got from my seniors, invites starts rolling from early november and continues to till late feb. Interviews are from early december to early april.

I just have got only 1 invite so far. So fingers are crossed and hoping for a good cycle.

I guess most of the interviews will be virtual. I am not sure if we can ask for visiting program in April or May 2021, to get a better idea of how system works if we have vaccination by that time.

Good Luck !