2022-2023 Career Changer MegaThread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neaaus59

Reaction score
Let’s start a thread for PostBacc career changer programs.

This thread is to serve three purposes:

1. Ask questions regarding specific career-changer programs and applications.

2. Post interviews and acceptances/denials. Please try to include your transcripts/test scores/background to help others assess how they would stand.

3. Establish a career changer network within SDN to support each other through the process.

If we need to add more purposes let me know and I’ll edit the main posting.

Members don't see this ad.

I’ll start. Submitted applications on 01 September.

Interviews
UVA and GWU

Denied
Goucher

Accepted
UVM
UVA

Confirmed
UVA

Last edited:
I received interview invites from Bryn Mawr and Goucher. I am nervous to hear back about the interviews. Has anyone received an acceptance?
I was straight up denied by Goucher after a few days lmao. That one was a long shot anyway. Just had my acceptance to UVM and my interview with UVA went really well. I should hear back from UVA by the end of this week (I hope).

Members don't see this ad :)
I was straight up denied by Goucher after a few days lmao. That one was a long shot anyway. Just had my acceptance to UVM and my interview with UVA went really well. I should hear back from UVA by the end of this week (I hope).
Just got my UVA acceptance. The hardest part is done for me - Now I just need to decide.

Congrats!! thats so sick. You dont have to worry about anything until it starts now :)
Thank you! Yeah I’ve been stressing for over a year now. I went with UVA and I’ll start next June. Good luck to you on your journey!

Also has anyone heard back from UVA about an interview? If so, how soon after submitting your app? Still waiting

Also has anyone heard back from UVA about an interview? If so, how soon after submitting your app? Still waiting
Heard back a day Or two later. Scheduled my interview and had a decision about 5 business days later

I'm not applying to medical school right now, but I am a career changer and am trying to find a structured program (for financial aid purposes) to "repair" my poor performance in my cumulative GPA and average GPA in science (barely over 3.0). I know it doesn't replace my GPAs, but I would like to show that I can take and succeed in challenging science courses.
I made a post very recently titled "Would any of these certificates work?".
Will someone take a look and help me choose/not choose one of these certificates? Thank you