2022-2023 Wayne State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy crap 80 primaries... how do you do it lol
Fortunately I qualified for FAP this cycle, so that covered 20. For the rest of them I essentially worked overtime/saved over the past year leading up to the start of the cycle. Currently debating on adding more but my brain is fried from all the secondaries 😅
 
Is the tour in-person? Also, are there any advantages to doing the tour before getting an acceptance, because I would have to drive 16 hours for a 1 hour tour 🙁
Idk if there’s advantages in the admissions process, probably not. But in terms of like getting a sense of the campus and the city if you’ve never been is good for seeing if you can actually see yourself at Wayne, should you be fortunate enough to get multiple acceptances. That’s at least my mindset going into it. But I also live close so it’s not a huge deal for me to go.
 
Idk if there’s advantages in the admissions process, probably not. But in terms of like getting a sense of the campus and the city if you’ve never been is good for seeing if you can actually see yourself at Wayne, should you be fortunate enough to get multiple acceptances. That’s at least my mindset going into it. But I also live close so it’s not a huge deal for me to go.
I could've guessed that you live close, summit place kia!
 
Canadian EDP here, submitted my secondaries on Aug 8th, still havent heard back? does that mean I shouldn't have high hopes?
Also does the time it takes to hear back after submitting secondaries to get II reflect how competetive your app is?
3.87 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
519 MCAT (but multiple attempts)
 
Canadian EDP here, submitted my secondaries on Aug 8th, still havent heard back? does that mean I shouldn't have high hopes?
Also does the time it takes to hear back after submitting secondaries to get II reflect how competetive your app is?
3.87 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
519 MCAT (but multiple attempts)
idk, im IS 513 MCAT 3.7 GPA complete 7/21 and haven't heard either
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted on 7/27 and still haven't heard back. I'm IS with an LM of 75 and a WARS between 70-80 depending on how they look at some of my ECs and also have some ties to Wayne State. Since people that submitted after me are getting IIs, should I consider the radio silence a soft R?
was complete 7/17 LM 72 WARS 81, also haven't heard back
 
I submitted on 7/27 and still haven't heard back. I'm IS with an LM of 75 and a WARS between 70-80 depending on how they look at some of my ECs and also have some ties to Wayne State. Since people that submitted after me are getting IIs, should I consider the radio silence a soft R?
was complete 7/17 LM 72 WARS 81, also haven't heard back

Last cycle, Wayne State sent out ~600 IIs by 9/4. We are like only one week-ish away from early September but they only have sent out ~300 IIs. So, definitely not! If they follow last yr's trend, they may send more IIs this and next week. They tend to send a few sprinkles of IIs and a big wave of II (assuming how their admissions work stayed the same) I am a reapplicant who interviewed with Wayne 2 cycles ago. Hopefully I get a chance with them one more time 🙂

p.s.: For those who are unaware, Wayne State is one of the very few schools who release their admission tracker numbers online. So number of IIs are public on their website
 
Last cycle, Wayne State sent out ~600 IIs by 9/4. We are like only one week-ish away from early September but they only have sent out ~300 IIs. So, definitely not! If they follow last yr's trend, they may send more IIs this and next week. They tend to send a few sprinkles of IIs and a big wave of II (assuming how their admissions work stayed the same) I am a reapplicant who interviewed with Wayne 2 cycles ago. Hopefully I get a chance with them one more time 🙂

p.s.: For those who are unaware, Wayne State is one of the very few schools who release their admission tracker numbers online. So number of IIs are public on their website
Thanks for the info: https://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions
1661446930432.png
 
For anyone who has done their interview, is there an email link that gets sent to you for the video call or is it all in the portal under the web interview tab? It mentions a welcome session 30 minutes prior that we will get a link to but I haven't gotten one for my interview tomorrow
 
Last cycle, Wayne State sent out ~600 IIs by 9/4. We are like only one week-ish away from early September but they only have sent out ~300 IIs. So, definitely not! If they follow last yr's trend, they may send more IIs this and next week. They tend to send a few sprinkles of IIs and a big wave of II (assuming how their admissions work stayed the same) I am a reapplicant who interviewed with Wayne 2 cycles ago. Hopefully I get a chance with them one more time 🙂

p.s.: For those who are unaware, Wayne State is one of the very few schools who release their admission tracker numbers online. So number of IIs are public on their website
thank u for the info! definitely makes me feel better, hoping for one, good luck to u too!
 
For anyone who has done their interview, is there an email link that gets sent to you for the video call or is it all in the portal under the web interview tab? It mentions a welcome session 30 minutes prior that we will get a link to but I haven't gotten one for my interview tomorrow
It’s all on the portal for the actual interview and then you get sent a zoom link the day before for the welcome session
 
My app was moved from EDP to regular. I am non trad candian applicant. Does this mean I pretty much got rejected? Is there even any hope of receiving II?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone explain why would they move someone from EDP to regular without interviewing them. And also not reject them. I mean they have already went through the application and know everything there is to know. this is confusing me so much.
 
Can someone explain why would they move someone from EDP to regular without interviewing them. And also not reject them. I mean they have already went through the application and know everything there is to know. this is confusing me so much.
Hi, i believe that you need to have submitted your EDP app before August 1, but may be wrong. This could explain your situation
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad