You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Wayne State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello, another fellow Canadian here, could you DM me the link as well?Hello fellow Canadians, I have created a Discord server and I shall DM y'all the link!
I just got an invite a few days post-interview as well. I doubt that it's mandatory. Did you ever find any information on this, or whether they send it to all students that interviewed?Has anyone else been invited to an in-person tour of the school after completing their interview? Is it mandatory / could it affect decision making?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they invite all students who were interviewedI just got an invite a few days post-interview as well. I doubt that it's mandatory. Did you ever find any information on this, or whether they send it to all students that interviewed?
literally same :\Canadian here, zero II’s on my 32 secondaries so far. Anyone else? [emoji24]
last year i didnt submit my secondary until 10/24 and I got an interview in January. Its worth a shot!I am OOS applicant. Would you all recommend applying right now to Wayne State? I know its very late
Hello fellow Canadians, I have created a Discord server and I shall DM y'all the link!
Canadian here as well. Could one of you DM me the Discord link too?Hello, another fellow Canadian here, could you DM me the link as well?
Can I be added to this please?!Hello fellow Canadians, I have created a Discord server and I shall DM y'all the link!
I interview tomorrow and received and email with a zoom link for a pre-interview info session that is about 30 minutes long. However in the email it states it’s for the AM session, but I am confirmed for the PM session (I have email receipts and on the portal as well says PM). Did anyone else receive the actual PM pre-interview zoom link or do you all think it’s the same?
lil_raisin
Full Member
Dude we are in the same boat. I was just going to post about this. I emailed them and am planning on calling them in the morning. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me.I interview tomorrow and received and email with a zoom link for a pre-interview info session that is about 30 minutes long. However in the email it states it’s for the AM session, but I am confirmed for the PM session (I have email receipts and on the portal as well says PM). Did anyone else receive the actual PM pre-interview zoom link or do you all think it’s the same?
Dude we are in the same boat. I was just going to post about this. I emailed them and am planning on calling them in the morning. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me.
Can you let me know if you have an update? The PM session starts at 1PM EST so 10AM PST. I’m hoping I can still wake up at 7AM PST lol.
lil_raisin
Full Member
They sent a new link this morning, did you receive it?Can you let me know if you have an update? The PM session starts at 1PM EST so 10AM PST. I’m hoping I can still wake up at 7AM PST lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@lil_raisin yes thank you!
II OOS URM completed 8/29. Man, I am very nervous.
Congratulations! Don't stress! I know that's easier said then done, but my faculty interview was super chill and one of my more memorable interviews! Turn that nervousness into excitement and passion! You got this!II OOS URM completed 8/29. Man, I am very nervous.
Not that I know of ..Have any R’s or WL’s been issued?
Can I be added as well? Y'all understand the struggle😭Hello fellow Canadians, I have created a Discord server and I shall DM y'all the link!
FreshPrince1712
Full Member
II just now! 508 mcat 3.7 gpa non- URM T20 undergrad
me too plz!!Canadian here as well. Could one of you DM me the Discord link too?
when did you submit!II just now! 508 mcat 3.7 gpa non- URM T20 undergrad
OOS II received! First one of the cycle 😄 (LM 72)
Last edited:
FreshPrince1712
Full Member
July 6th!when did you submit!
FreshPrince1712
Full Member
Also ISJuly 6th!
congrats!!!Also IS
OOS II! ORM, LM 71 (high GPA low-ish MCAT), complete last week of August
Last edited:
foodieventures
Full Member
IS II 🙂 today Complete 7/24. Stats in signature
tornado6565
Full Member
+1 II, OOS, ORM, LM 75, complete 07/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tornado6565
Full Member
I got off from work and drove home as fast as possible to select an interview date but there is no date to select even for next year. Am I screwed? 😢
according to wayback machine of wayne's admission website, for the 2021-2022 application cycle, as of 6/27/22, 1510 interviews were completed and 700 admission offers were made = 46% post-ii acceptance rate inclduing waitlists→acceptanceanyone know the post II acceptance rate? and potential wait list movement
Urban clinical excellence in the heart of Detroit
Through hands-on clinical education in the heart of a rapidly evolving city, the Wayne State University School of Medicine provides a distinct experiential advantage that sets you apart from your peers at other colleges. When you become a Warrior M.D., yo
That's so strange...there's no options at all?I got off from work and drove home as fast as possible to select an interview date but there is no date to select even for next year. Am I screwed? 😢
tornado6565
Full Member
Not a single date available!!That's so strange...there's no options at all?
Email admissionsI got off from work and drove home as fast as possible to select an interview date but there is no date to select even for next year. Am I screwed? 😢
lil_raisin
Full Member
according to wayback machine of wayne's admission website, for the 2021-2022 application cycle, as of 6/27/22, 1510 interviews were completed and 700 admission offers were made = 46% post-ii acceptance rate inclduing waitlists→acceptance
![]()
Urban clinical excellence in the heart of Detroit
Through hands-on clinical education in the heart of a rapidly evolving city, the Wayne State University School of Medicine provides a distinct experiential advantage that sets you apart from your peers at other colleges. When you become a Warrior M.D., yoweb.archive.org
During my interview on Friday, someone asked Wayne about this. They said the post-II acceptance rate for last year, and similarly this year, was 26%. The admissions officer legit took out his phone to calculate the percentage.anyone know the post II acceptance rate? and potential wait list movement
II received today morning. just logged into the portal and not a single date was available, should I email them or wait?
big oof. damn. I wonder why there’s such a huge discrepancy between the website tracker numbers and his calculations. 🙁During my interview on Friday, someone asked Wayne about this. They said the post-II acceptance rate for last year, and similarly this year, was 26%. The admissions officer legit took out his phone to calculate the percentage.
makes me sad that I now have to question the legitimacy and transparency of their tracker, which is a rare feature I wish more medschools adopted.
capable_cash6738
Full Member
would you be comfortable sharing your gpa & mcat?OOS II received just now. Submitted secondary on 7/20/22. LM: 75.
capable_cash6738
Full Member
would you be comfortable sharing your gpa & mcat?+1 II, OOS, ORM, LM 75, complete 07/20
capable_cash6738
Full Member
would you be comfortable sharing your gpa & mcat?OOS II! ORM, LM 71 (high GPA low-ish MCAT), complete last week of August
Sure. 3.9+ GPA both overall and stem. MCAT 94 percentile. Excited for II from Wayne.would you be comfortable sharing your gpa & mcat?
Maybe he did not include the waitlist -> acceptance people?🙂Idk. Regardless is 26% still considered high compared to other schools?big oof. damn. I wonder why there’s such a huge discrepancy between the website tracker numbers and his calculations. 🙁
makes me sad that I now have to question the legitimacy and transparency of their tracker, which is a rare feature I wish more medschools adopted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if Wayne is one of those schools (like Tulane) that fills up their class very fast after interviews? So later interviews have much less of a chance or does interview date not matter?
possibly. its also possible that they're doing something different this year. who knows?Maybe he did not include the waitlist -> acceptance people?🙂Idk. Regardless is 26% still considered high compared to other schools?
and, personally, I wouldn't consider 26% high at all. If anything, its on the lower side. :'(
I just read on their website that they are not rolling admissions, hopefully that is good news for later interviewers/people yet to receive an II!possibly. its also possible that they're doing something different this year. who knows?
and, personally, I wouldn't consider 26% high at all. If anything, its on the lower side. :'(
And ah thank you for explaining. Do you know what the typical or average post-II A rate is? I actually have no clue haha
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
I thought their post-II acceptance rate was closer to 60% from everything I've seen. Now I'm really concerned
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
I thought their post-II acceptance rate was closer to 60% from everything I've seen. Now I'm really concerned
+1 for that worry haha - saw the same post-II acceptance rate floating around though