2022 MGMA median salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomsuntom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard from a practice currently hiring that the new median income for hem/onc is $495k, and RVU is ~$100. Do practices that are currently hiring use the latest MGMA data or do they use last year's?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That sounds about right for what I’ve seen this year. That’s almost exactly the pay for the job I’m taking, but I’m only limited by j1 status.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard from a practice currently hiring that the new median income for hem/onc is $495k, and RVU is ~$100. Do practices that are currently hiring use the latest MGMA data or do they use last year's?
Sing along, you know the words…”it depends”.

My group uses a rolling 3 year average both for salary and RVU expectations and incentives. So for FY23 (which started in July), we’re using 2019-2021 data since 2022 wasn’t out.

But yeah, those numbers sound not far off, recognizing that the MGMA data are regional so my numbers and your numbers are probably slightly different.

Seems lower? Thought was above 500k
rvu amount seems right.

We start new docs out at 450. It’s pretty easy to make 750 where I am in calendar year 1 of full practice. If starting in august I call calendar year 1 January to December. Most ramp up quickly august to December and are earning their salary by January then everything above their salary we give them at the end of the month as a true up minus a share of expenses equal to other partners. We pride ourselves on not making money off other peoples hard work. We do share income within our true partnership to keep everyone with skin in the game. New hires eligible for partnership after two years. More decision making ability than true financial benefit.

Reactions: 5 users
We start new docs out at 450. It’s pretty easy to make 750 where I am in calendar year 1 of full practice. If starting in august I call calendar year 1 January to December. Most ramp up quickly august to December and are earning their salary by January then everything above their salary we give them at the end of the month as a true up minus a share of expenses equal to other partners. We pride ourselves on not making money off other peoples hard work. We do share income within our true partnership to keep everyone with skin in the game. New hires eligible for partnership after two years. More decision making ability than true financial benefit.
Where do you practice?