HemOnc median RVU numbers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmiSansNom

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to join a hospital-based community HemOnc practice in the Midwest. The prospective employer is offering a guaranteed base for up to 5000 wRVUs and then $/wRVU system after 5000 wRVUs. I am not sure if 5000 RVUs annually is achievable. Anybody has an idea about the approximate median wRVUs generated annually by oncologists? Is 4.5 days a week, seeing ~10-15 clinic patients a day enough to generate 5000+ wRVUs?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask them what their Oncologists produced last year?

You are not going to find a job in any non-surgical field that pays you full time to see 10 patients a day.

Reactions: 1 user
The math is pretty easy to do. 2 wRVU/encounter is a reasonable (conservative) estimate for clinic productivity.

20-30 wRVU/d for your chill AF proposed clinic schedule works out to 4140-6210 wRVU (assuming 46w of work, which is also reasonable) a year.

So yes, on the 15pt/d side, you can easily make those #s. And as @HemeOncHopeful19 said, as them for their #s and use that to do your own math for that group.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking to join a hospital-based community HemOnc practice in the Midwest. The prospective employer is offering a guaranteed base for up to 5000 wRVUs and then $/wRVU system after 5000 wRVUs. I am not sure if 5000 RVUs annually is achievable. Anybody has an idea about the approximate median wRVUs generated annually by oncologists? Is 4.5 days a week, seeing ~10-15 clinic patients a day enough to generate 5000+ wRVUs?
Whats the base salary on this? That is a really chill job.

Status
Not open for further replies.