2023-2024 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyones app still say waiting for materials

Members don't see this ad.

thought i submitted the primary - realized i never did. still got a shot? mcat 505 gpa 3.8

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else tried to log into their supplemental account after submitting and it says access denied?

Also, after submitting the secondary, I received confirmation that my secondary has been submitted. However, do they send us an additional email about completion? When I log onto the portal, it just says "submitted" next to "Application Status".

Last edited:
Any movement here? Saw someone on reddit say they were rejected pre-II but i feel like it’s early? Anyone know when they started sending II or rejections last cycle?
New to SDN, but is there a way to follow your question? I'm also curious about this

New to SDN, but is there a way to follow your question? I'm also curious about this
@koala2017 to follow your school threads hit “Watch” at the top and you will get notifications when something new is posted, showing up as numbers on the little bell emblem

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know when they start (approximately) sending II

Members don't see this ad :)
Not me checking my email after seeing these notifications :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
how much does the CASPer quartile factor into interview invites do you guys think?

Reactions: 2 users
From what I understand Casper is one of those things that can help you but won't necessarily hurt you if you don't do great. But honestly, I don't think any school really makes big decisions based off of it lol.

Adding my 2 cents here, I think Casper can only hurt you if you have an excellent quartile but then come off as morally weird or unethical for any reason in your interview.

Does anyone know if you can schedule your own one-way interview whenever you want or are there preset times?

Does anyone know if you can schedule your own one-way interview whenever you want or are there preset times?
You can complete it whenever you want. The instructions say you can “schedule it” but really it’s on your own time. There are no blocks or specific times to choose from. You can open the link even before you’re ready to sit for the recorded interview to check on video/mic settings before hand as well. Best of luck!

• Care
also, can anyone who has already potentially interviewed share anything about the MMI Teamwork Assessment during the informational session? I'm just not sure what to expect and just kind of nervous.. Thank you!!

Does anyone who's already attended the virtual info session know if it still includes a teamwork MMI?

The first interview invitation email includes a sentence about a teamwork assessment during the virtual info session, but the most recent email I received about attending my info session says there won't be any additional interview or evaluation and to come relaxed.

Does anyone who's already attended the virtual info session know if it still includes a teamwork MMI?

The first interview invitation email includes a sentence about a teamwork assessment during the virtual info session, but the most recent email I received about attending my info session says there won't be any additional interview or evaluation and to come relaxed.
I would be prepared for anything. In the event your experience does include an assessment, I would highlight any communication discrepancies on the feedback form post interview.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
the most recent email I received about attending my info session says there won't be any additional interview or evaluation and to come relaxed.
Joe Biden Liar GIF by Speaker McCarthy

They lied.

Should we assume soft R if we haven’t heard back since submitting on 7/8

Should we assume soft R if we haven’t heard back since submitting on 7/8
My advice (for what it’s worth….which isn’t much considering I’m just another fellow med school applicant on this forum) is to not get into the habit of assuming any admissions status.

Every school is different, but most schools are similar in that they’re in the incredibly difficult position of having to decide who they interview and ultimately accept to craft their desired class profile.

If you haven’t heard back, just know that at this time it’s neither a rejection or an II. Once you hit submit on your secondary you become Shrödinger's applicant until you receive an update.

What’s happening inside the box is that you’ve likely been assessed and placed on an order of merit list for the limited number of interviews. Depending on who else applies, you may see an interview or you may not.

@LizzyM Does a fantastic job breaking this down in a staircase analogy: Question about waitlist and admissions

Best of luck and I hope you hear soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Make the assumption that you've been rejected, continue to do what you need to do to be a better applicant next time (and think about whether there should be a next time and what you would do career-wise if not medicine). Continue in this fashion until you have an offer of admission.

This is a good general rule for every school.