2023 Top 10 Nominations Open

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icebreaker32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023 NOMINATIONS……please add to thread

I will bump this again in November and release 2023 top 10 in early January
Feel free to submit nominations. If anyone is offended by something let me know.

Some that may make the list depending on what the rest of the year brings. oards looking to dominate.

Currently Competing for #1
Memes……will it repeat as number one on the list?

2am toe amputations/saving lives……only behind memes by a toenail right now at number 2

Others in no particular order:

Secret US podiatry nail trimming pathway exposed…..foreign podiatry school….American Samoa…Oregon

ABPM “Red Wedding” (I can not take credit for the reference)

APMSA is flush with cash and returns 80,000 ABPM Check

ABFAS vs ABPM goes nuclear

Forensic podiatry….an area podiatry students should consider specializing in

Push by mustache podiatrists to do the most mustache thing ever and create a 3rd podiatry board

Feli…..if he was anonymous we would be convinced he was an ABFAS Sith Lord on the ABPM BOD

Member nominations

SF 49ers……Samuel Merritt with an abysmal board pas rate of 69 percent gets reaccredited through 2027

CutsWithFury revoked but still remembered…..will he return in 2024?

Any podiatry thread that has nothing to with toenails will end up talking about toenails.

APMA fly by….making new accounts, leaving positive satisfaction polls then leaving 24 hrs later

Showing your 3rd grade daughter toe amputation videos to help spark an interest in podiatry

Because Podiatry

Showing your 3rd grade daughter toe amputation videos to help spark an interest in podiatry

Traditional podiatrist

Lobster podiatry

Pushback against Robin-jay extremely frugal in podiatry school and choosing affordable externships with free places to stay

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I have two nominations:

1. The Dark Knight starring CutsWithFury (2023) and (hopefully) The Dark Knight Rises also starring CutsWithFury (2024)
2. SF 69ers reaccredited - CPME doing great work as usual

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
SF 69ers is absolutely brilliant, if there were podiatry collegiate sports, any school that played Samuel Merrit would be chanting "SIX-TY NINE! SIX-TY NINE!"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
SF 69ers is absolutely brilliant, if there were podiatry collegiate sports, any school that played Samuel Merrit would be chanting "SIX-TY NINE! SIX-TY NINE!"
They do have an interschool bball tournament, someone should definitely use this chant hahaha

Derailing threads to talk about BBQ

Any podiatry thread that has nothing to with toenails will end up talking about toenails.

Long time lurker (7+ years) here. I think the bottom feeder saga still has some juice to it.

Reactions: 2 users
"Because podiatry"

APMA making new accounts then leaving 24 hrs later

Reactions: 5 users

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1689098416333.png

This soon to be locked thread

• Wow
I don't know who coined "pus bus" or if it's from before 2023 but I nominate it

I think we're due for a bump.

Totally meta, but I want to nominate @Robin-jay 's comment which I didn't find particularly inflammatory but somehow is the most disliked post I've ever seen on this platform. It takes skill to rally everyone behind you, and probably sort of the same skill to rally everyone against you.

Also looking forward to the meme highlight reel

I think we're due for a bump.

Totally meta, but I want to nominate @Robin-jay 's comment which I didn't find particularly inflammatory but somehow is the most disliked post I've ever seen on this platform. It takes skill to rally everyone behind you, and probably sort of the same skill to rally everyone against you.

Also looking forward to the meme highlight reel
I was going to nominate myself, but I was afraid I would get too many dislikes.

• Haha
Memes after winning last year it now is clear it stands alone on its own and will not be included for top 10. It could probably even negate the need for this in the future with its own top 10.

MEMES NOT ELIGIBLE read above**********

TOP 10 NOMiNATIONS VOTE FOR FAVORITES

VOTE FOR UP TO 3 IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE (3 points 1st, 2 points 2nd, 1 points 3rd). Also opinions on if this list is necessary in the future with Memes doing a top 10. You can also vote for anything not listed below.

2am toe amputations……..saving lives!!

SF 49ers……Samuel Merritt with an abysmal board pas rate of 69 percent gets reaccredited through 2027

Pus Bus

ABPM “Red Wedding”

APMSA is flush with cash and returns 80,000 ABPM Check

ABFAS vs ABPM goes nuclear over CAQH in surgery

APMA fly by….making new accounts, leaving positive ratings on he podiatry satisfaction poll never to be heard from again

Lobster podiatry

Because Podiatry

Secret US podiatry nail trimming pathway exposed…..foreign podiatry school….American Samoa…Oregon

Disgust by a “legend” over schools not letting students (son) train in clinic with carbon rib-back 15 blades

Calling your patients pot smoking liars

CutsWithFury revoked but still remembered…..will he return in 2024? Since this was first listed we think he already has.

Pushback against Robin-jay‘s extremely frugal stance in podiatry school and focusing on affordable externships with free places to stay and long commutes

Forensic podiatry….an area podiatry students can supposedly consider specializing in

******************************TOP 10 NOMINATIONS***********************

Voting rules: VOTE FOR UP TO 3 IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE
Non-eligible memes: Include memes that have already won last year

1st place = 3pts
2nd place = 2pts
3rd place = 1pt
You may also vote for anything not listed below:
A) Showing your 3rd grade daughter toe amputation videos to help spark an interest in podiatry

B) 2am toe amputations……..saving lives!!

C) SF 49ers……Samuel Merritt with an abysmal board pas rate of 69 percent gets reaccredited through 2027

D) Pus Bus

E) ABPM “Red Wedding”

F) APMSA is flush with cash and returns 80,000 ABPM Check

G) ABFAS vs ABPM goes nuclear over CAQH in surgery

H) APMA fly by….making new accounts, leaving positive ratings on he podiatry satisfaction poll never to be heard from again

I) Lobster podiatry

J) Because Podiatry

K) Secret US podiatry nail trimming pathway exposed…..foreign podiatry school….American Samoa…Oregon

L) Disgust by a “legend” over schools not letting students (son) train in clinic with carbon rib-back 15 blades

M) Calling your patients pot smoking liars

N) CutsWithFury revoked but still remembered…..will he return in 2024? Since this was first listed we think he already has.

O) Most Negative Reactions Post- Robin-jay‘s extremely frugal stance in podiatry school and focusing on affordable externships with free places to stay and long commutes

P) Non- toenail threads that end up being about toenails.

Q) Forensic podiatry….an area podiatry students can supposedly consider specializing in

*The contents of this thread do not reflect my opinion on this profession or the contents of each listed meme. This is a clarification of a posted response for ease of reading and voting for community involvement purposes.

C, B, G

Most of these could easily be top 3. Tough field.

• Haha
******************************TOP 10 NOMINATIONS***********************

Voting rules: VOTE FOR UP TO 3 IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE
Non-eligible memes: Include memes that have already won last year

1st place = 3pts
2nd place = 2pts
3rd place = 1pt
You may also vote for anything not listed below:
A) Showing your 3rd grade daughter toe amputation videos to help spark an interest in podiatry

B) 2am toe amputations……..saving lives!!

C) SF 49ers……Samuel Merritt with an abysmal board pas rate of 69 percent gets reaccredited through 2027

D) Pus Bus

E) ABPM “Red Wedding”

F) APMSA is flush with cash and returns 80,000 ABPM Check

G) ABFAS vs ABPM goes nuclear over CAQH in surgery

H) APMA fly by….making new accounts, leaving positive ratings on he podiatry satisfaction poll never to be heard from again

I) Lobster podiatry

J) Because Podiatry

K) Secret US podiatry nail trimming pathway exposed…..foreign podiatry school….American Samoa…Oregon

L) Disgust by a “legend” over schools not letting students (son) train in clinic with carbon rib-back 15 blades

M) Calling your patients pot smoking liars

N) CutsWithFury revoked but still remembered…..will he return in 2024? Since this was first listed we think he already has.

O) Most Negative Reactions Post- Robin-jay‘s extremely frugal stance in podiatry school and focusing on affordable externships with free places to stay and long commutes

P) Non- toenail threads that end up being about toenails.

Q) Forensic podiatry….an area podiatry students can supposedly consider specializing in

*The contents of this thread do not reflect my opinion on this profession or the contents of each listed meme. This is a clarification of a posted response for ease of reading and voting for community involvement purposes.
A,E, J

Current tally from 9 voters:

M-12 "Calling your patients pot smoking liars"
C-9 "SF 49ers……Samuel Merritt with an abysmal board pass rate of 69 percent"
A-8 "Showing your 3rd grade daughter toe amputation videos to help spark an interest in podiatry"
J-7 "Because Podiatry"
B-5
L-5
I- 5
E-2
G-1
H-1

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone message Patrick DeHeer and Jared Shapiro and their buddies to vote?

• Haha
To this day I still don't understand how a school where 1/3 of the students consistently failed their first board exam over three years was reaccredited until 2027. On top of that, the CPME conveniently switched to reporting overall pass rates instead of first-time pass rates last year, which is the current standard for all MD/DO schools. Can someone please save podiatry?

To this day I still don't understand how a school where 1/3 of the students consistently failed their first board exam over three years was reaccredited until 2027. On top of that, the CPME conveniently switched to reporting overall pass rates instead of first-time pass rates last year, which is the current standard for all MD/DO schools. Can someone please save podiatry?

1704252482153.jpeg

• Sad
It is green.
It is 6.2x2.6 inches.
It buys things.
It comes from podiatry students' mandatory APMSA dues.
It comes from DPMs paying APMA fees.
It comes from corporate sponsorships that depend on podiatry for profit.

Venture a guess, phone a friend, or ask the audience? :)

...seriously, figure it out: CPME and APMA and pod schools and COTH and AACPM and whatever are the same thing, man... deans, residency directors, various ppl whose money depends on schools, students, residents, dues. They are for-profit schools. The orgs get corporate moneys (from corps that make $$ from more podiatrists). It's all inbred and has been for years and years. The barbers are making the haircut rules and regs... and telling people how often they need haircuts. Not good. For their next trick, they will whip up some new 'approved' residency spots to float the current 2 new schools' grads. It is a race between that and another residency shortage. Even if there is not a shortage (due to "enrollment crisis" aka bad podiatry ROI), we all know many current podiatry residency spots and sponsor hospitals/curriculum are inadequate.

Once you're out of school with mandatory membership + dues, you can vote with your wallet. When I was in residency, they were switching all 2yr to 3yr programs (even if they sucked) and lobbying all good 3yr programs to add more spots (this was when MidWestern was starting and going to soon increase class $ize$... and Western was in approval proce$$). That ended in a residency shortage anyways. That was also when there were less schools and less surgery-minded 3yr trained pods out in practice... it was still semi-possible to create ortho and MSG and hospital jobs. VA jobs were pretty easy to get; loans were more possible due to less debt-to-income. That was roughly 15years ago... but also 4 pod schools and about $200k in added debt ago. Present day, have fun when you're a pgy2 and pgy3 job hunting. :oops:

Last edited:
  • Sad
It is green.
It is 6.2x2.6 inches.
It buys things.
It comes from podiatry students' mandatory APMSA dues.
It comes from DPMs paying APMA fees.
It comes from corporate sponsorships that depend on podiatry for profit.

Venture a guess, phone a friend, or ask the audience? :)

...seriously, figure it out: CPME and APMA and pod schools and COTH and AACPM and whatever are the same thing, man... deans, residency directors, various ppl whose money depends on schools, students, residents, dues. They are for-profit schools. The orgs get corporate moneys (from corps that make $$ from more podiatrists). It's all inbred and has been for years and years. The barbers are making the haircut rules and regs... and telling people how often they need haircuts. Not good. For their next trick, they will whip up some new 'approved' residency spots to float the current 2 new schools' grads. It is a race between that and another residency shortage. Even if there is not a shortage (due to "enrollment crisis" aka bad podiatry ROI), we all know many current podiatry residency spots and sponsor hospitals/curriculum are inadequate.

Once you're out of school with mandatory membership + dues, you can vote with your wallet. When I was in residency, they were switching all 2yr to 3yr programs (even if they sucked) and lobbying all good 3yr programs to add more spots (this was when MidWestern was starting and going to soon increase class $ize$... and Western was in approval proce$$). That ended in a residency shortage anyways. That was also when there were less schools and less surgery-minded 3yr trained pods out in practice... it was still semi-possible to create ortho and MSG and hospital jobs. VA jobs were pretty easy to get; loans were more possible due to less debt-to-income. That was roughly 15years ago... but also 4 pod schools and about $200k in added debt ago. Present day, have fun when you're a pgy2 and pgy3 job hunting. :oops:
4/7/07 Krabmas: "they will never choose to do anything that is detrimental to their own school even if it's best for the profession"

If only we had more people like Krabmas leading podiatry today.

Edit: @Feli lol I read a bit more and came across your name from 2007. Were you still a student at that time?

Last edited: