2026-2027 Dell Medical School

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Austin, TX Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin Average GPAGPA 3.80 Average MCATMCAT 512 UT-DELL Details Interview Feedback School Secondaries

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin - Class of 2031 (2026-2027 Application Cycle)

Thread Purpose: This is the official discussion thread for applicants to the Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin applying during the 2026-2027 admissions cycle (matriculating Class of 2031). Share interview invites, acceptances, waitlist updates, secondary questions, and connect with fellow applicants.

Who Should Use This Thread:
  • Applicants to Dell for Fall 2027 matriculation
  • Current applicants seeking information about the admissions process

Key Application Information:
📋 CRITICAL: SPECIAL NOTES
Dell Medical School uses the TMDSAS Application System
Not all applicants are invited to complete a secondary application


📝 Secondary Essay Questions: The Dell secondary is an interactive video secondary. Questions are not provided in advance
Review the Dell secondary essay prompts database for prompts from previous years: Dell Secondary Essay Prompts

🔗 Helpful Resources:

How to Use This Thread:
  • Post interview invites with date/time to help others track timeline
  • Share acceptance/waitlist/rejection updates
  • Ask questions about secondaries, interviews, or school culture
  • Connect with fellow applicants

Thread Guidelines:
  • Be respectful and supportive
  • Verify all information with official school sources
  • Use search function before asking repeat questions
  • Celebrate acceptances, support those still waiting

Good luck to all applying!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received secondary today! LM 69. Submitted 5/15. Any tips? Do I really have a shot if their average gpa (3.98) and mcat (520) are so high on MSAR?

Hi Rick, did you happen to receive an email from Dell, between your primary submission and the secondary invite, which confirmed "receipt" of the primary?

This was a topic of discussion in last year's thread. It's probably overdone, but its officially tea leaf reading season 🙂
 
Hi Rick, did you happen to receive an email from Dell, between your primary submission and the secondary invite, which confirmed "receipt" of the primary?

This was a topic of discussion in last year's thread. It's probably overdone, but its officially tea leaf reading season 🙂
Please just wash your teacup and don’t try to read the leaves! 😉
 
Has anyone received an email confirming receipt of their primary from Dell? I've gotten such emails from other schools I applied to but not from Dell.
 
Has anyone received an email confirming receipt of their primary from Dell? I've gotten such emails from other schools I applied to but not from Dell.
Received the "receipt" email today. The email is quite generic and is very clear that is before any review. It stands to reason, then, that not receiving this "receipt" email isn't a bad sign - it just means you are in queue in the computer system. I submitted 5/15 and was transmitted 5/19.
 
So theoretically if our app was transmitted on 5/18 and we still have heard nothing (like no receipt of primary or anything), should we start panicking now? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't got anything either. We are probably fine. Im sure they get a crap ton of apps for those 40 seats.
Last year there were 6890 TMDSAS applicants and most of them probably had Dell on their list.
The Dell class size is around 50, so those are some steep odds to get in.

This is one school that spaces out its secondary invitations over time, so keep busy with other things while waiting to see if you get one.
 
Last year there were 6890 TMDSAS applicants and most of them probably had Dell on their list.
The Dell class size is around 50, so those are some steep odds to get in.

This is one school that spaces out its secondary invitations over time, so keep busy with other things while waiting to see if you get one.
Thanks! Definitely not a "no" until they send me a formal rejection at some point!

And yeah I do have plenty to do!
 
Received the "receipt" email today. The email is quite generic and is very clear that is before any review. It stands to reason, then, that not receiving this "receipt" email isn't a bad sign - it just means you are in queue in the computer system. I submitted 5/15 and was transmitted 5/19.
Thanks for the information!
 
Just got a secondary to Dell yesterday as an OOS applicant (with strong ties to Texas)! Submitted TMDSAS primary on 5/15.

Does anyone know if we are able to re-record the video responses or is it only one take before submission? And is there time to think before the video starts recording?

Thank you!!

(Also I got the "receipt" email yesterday too about 2 hours before they sent me the secondary.)
Dell video response is “one take”
 
Hi! Not Rick lol but I also got a secondary to Dell. They sent me the "receipt" email about 2 hours before sending me the secondary (both yesterday). I submitted my completed TMDSAS primary on 5/15 with my MCAT score and full letter packet already attached.
Congrats! Good luck on the 2!

For info for this forum - I had my MCAT in, but not all my LORs, before the secondary invite
 
Yes I also got a receipt! Sorry for the late reply!

As for the receipt and everything this year I got it 6/8 as well as the secondary later the same day. Last year I got the receipt in late June and the secondary in mid July. Hope this helps!
 
Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin - Class of 2031 (2026-2027 Application Cycle)

Thread Purpose: This is the official discussion thread for applicants to the Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin applying during the 2026-2027 admissions cycle (matriculating Class of 2031). Share interview invites, acceptances, waitlist updates, secondary questions, and connect with fellow applicants.

Who Should Use This Thread:
  • Applicants to Dell for Fall 2027 matriculation
  • Current applicants seeking information about the admissions process

Key Application Information:
📋 CRITICAL: SPECIAL NOTES
Dell Medical School uses the TMDSAS Application System
Not all applicants are invited to complete a secondary application


📝 Secondary Essay Questions: The Dell secondary is an interactive video secondary. Questions are not provided in advance
Review the Dell secondary essay prompts database for prompts from previous years: Dell Secondary Essay Prompts

🔗 Helpful Resources:

How to Use This Thread:
  • Post interview invites with date/time to help others track timeline
  • Share acceptance/waitlist/rejection updates
  • Ask questions about secondaries, interviews, or school culture
  • Connect with fellow applicants

Thread Guidelines:
  • Be respectful and supportive
  • Verify all information with official school sources
  • Use search function before asking repeat questions
  • Celebrate acceptances, support those still waiting

Good luck to all applying!
GUYS IS THE SYSTEM DOWN FOR ANYONE? I GOT THE SECONDARY ON JUNE 8TH AND WANT TO MEET THE 7 DAY PRIORITY DEADLINE BUT IT ISNT SENDING ME THE LINK THROUGH EMAIL WHEN I CLICK "GET PASSWORD" OR WHATEVER. I AM PANICKING BC I RLLY WANNA GET IT IN BEFORE THE PRIORITY DEADLINE.
 
GUYS IS THE SYSTEM DOWN FOR ANYONE? I GOT THE SECONDARY ON JUNE 8TH AND WANT TO MEET THE 7 DAY PRIORITY DEADLINE BUT IT ISNT SENDING ME THE LINK THROUGH EMAIL WHEN I CLICK "GET PASSWORD" OR WHATEVER. I AM PANICKING BC I RLLY WANNA GET IT IN BEFORE THE PRIORITY DEADLINE.
Email the admissions office on Monday, subject line something like “secondary app login difficulty”
and calmly explain what happens when you try to log in.
 
Email the admissions office on Monday, subject line something like “secondary app login difficulty”
and calmly explain what happens when you try to log in.
do u think theyll give me a leeway given i basically only had 5 days to submit it instead of 7? im just upset because i prepared all day for it and right when i tried to log in a couple hours ago, it didnt work. also apologies for the all caps, haha
 
do u think theyll give me a leeway given i basically only had 5 days to submit it instead of 7? im just upset because i prepared all day for it and right when i tried to log in a couple hours ago, it didnt work. also apologies for the all caps, haha
Explain it calmly
Professional communication by email, sent during business hours, is the respectful way to get help with your issue.
 
Last edited:
GUYS IS THE SYSTEM DOWN FOR ANYONE? I GOT THE SECONDARY ON JUNE 8TH AND WANT TO MEET THE 7 DAY PRIORITY DEADLINE BUT IT ISNT SENDING ME THE LINK THROUGH EMAIL WHEN I CLICK "GET PASSWORD" OR WHATEVER. I AM PANICKING BC I RLLY WANNA GET IT IN BEFORE THE PRIORITY DEADLINE.
Hey - Perhaps it went to your spam/junk folder, or to your quarantine (if you use outlook, you can find quarantine at outlook.live.com)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey - Perhaps it went to your spam/junk folder, or to your quarantine (if you use outlook, you can find quarantine at outlook.live.com)?
hey! i tried it again around 5 hours later and it worked. to others on here: log in AS SOON AS YOU CAN and even pay for it as soon as you can. the link to the video doesnt expire until 30 days later. i thought it would give me a couple hours or something which is why i got into that conundrum in the first place
 
hey! i tried it again around 5 hours later and it worked. to others on here: log in AS SOON AS YOU CAN and even pay for it as soon as you can. the link to the video doesnt expire until 30 days later. i thought it would give me a couple hours or something which is why i got into that conundrum in the first place
Hi! I also had this happen to me when I tried to make my account -- it never sent me the link. If anyone is still having an issue, what worked for me was going through the "reset password" link instead of "get password."
 
So my app got transmitted on 5/27 but I have yet to receive an email of receipt. Is the email of receipt send to everyone or only those who will get the secondary?
 
So my app got transmitted on 5/27 but I have yet to receive an email of receipt. Is the email of receipt send to everyone or only those who will get the secondary?
I am pretty sure everyone gets a receipt email. They really emphasize in the email that it is before any review of the application! 🙂
 
So my app got transmitted on 5/27 but I have yet to receive an email of receipt. Is the email of receipt send to everyone or only those who will get the secondary?
The receipt email is very generic and implies no review. Also there are anecdotes last year of folks talking about getting the receipt but not the secondary. so I think the former.
 
My TMDSAS primary was submitted 5/15 and verified 5/22. Is there any reason I may not have received the "receipt" email?
Im not sure! The only thing I can think of is different reviewers are assigned different sets of people and they just haven’t gotten to urs yet, which is a good thing !!
 
Hi, One of my recommendations has still not come in. Would Dell still consider my application complete? I have not received the receipt email from them. Also, can somebody post the email address they use to send emails, so I can search specifically for that. Thank you!
 
Hi, One of my recommendations has still not come in. Would Dell still consider my application complete? I have not received the receipt email from them. Also, can somebody post the email address they use to send emails, so I can search specifically for that. Thank you!
address your questions to [email protected]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If TMDSAS transmitted application to all schools on June 1st but Dell Med has not sent a receipt as yet, would it be okay to email them to ask if they have received everything?