2026-2027 Dell Medical School

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Austin, TX Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin Average GPAGPA 3.80 Average MCATMCAT 512 UT-DELL Details Interview Feedback School Secondaries
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be wishful thinking but I think a boom in interviews could come next week!

Rationale being… the number of interviews on admit for secondaries submitted thru this pt is well below last year, but you’d expect the opposite given admit is a growing platform. 7/14-7/16 was a big boon last yr.

Good luck y’all don’t get too down
 
Do interview notifs come out on weekends? Or only during the work week? Not even just for Dell, but for med schools in general
 
Do interview notifs come out on weekends? Or only during the work week? Not even just for Dell, but for med schools in general
It varies on when the school committees meet to choose their next round of interviewees.
They won't trickle out day by day.

Watch your emails and if you get one read everything carefully so you can put your best foot forward on interview day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone got a receipt or secondary before all their LORs were received? Or do they only screen out after the application is considered complete
 
Has anyone got a receipt or secondary before all their LORs were received? Or do they only screen out after the application is considered complete
I got mine when less than 3 letters were in. Oddly, though, my portal (which is available upon ‘receipt’) had the LORs “checked” even though it explicitly says 3 needed. So not sure if LORs not needed or some sort of glitch.

in prior years people on here have also reported secondaries before completeness on LOR, fwiw
 
Anyone at UT Austin heard back yet? I was transmitted on 6/6 and still haven‘t gotten a receipt letter… Maybe they do it differently internally?
 
Congratulations! What time of the day did you get the secondary?
Thank you! I got the email today 7/13/26 2:09 PM CT, though there were people on here who submitted primary after me and got their secondary before me, so I wouldn't super stress about the timing (easier said than done)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think you should lose hope at the moment, based on the past Dell will continue to send out secondaries and II’s well into the fall. So there are many factors in how it plays out.

Yes they have a tiny class but don’t lose out hope! (I’m trying not to as well)
 
+1 IS II (8:23 AM), Secondary completed 7/16

Rooting for everyone here 💪
Does it say your application is complete in the portal? I submitted my secondary on the 15th, but my portal says my Secondary Application is still not submitted.
 
Does it say your application is complete in the portal? I submitted my secondary on the 15th, but my portal says my Secondary Application is still not submitted.

Yes, but not sure when it first updated because I got the email confirmation and just ran with it. Though it says it was submitted the day after the night I submitted. Maybe reach out to admissions asking
 
Yes, but not sure when it first updated because I got the email confirmation and just ran with it. Though it says it was submitted the day after the night I submitted. Maybe reach out to admissions asking
I reached out! They said that they mark it as received and completed the day it is reviewed and evaluated, not the day we submit it.
 
Congrats II receivers, anyone get one without all your LORs in? (Even if 3 of 4, etc.)
 
Hello! My primary app was transmitted 6/26, and I have not received anything from Dell or a receipt. Does this mean I just wasn’t considered? Do they have an MCAT cut off that they use to screen applicants out? Just getting a bit nervous now.
Please see in the first post of this thread that Dell only invites around 20% of the applicants to complete a secondary. They also space out these secondary invitations across months after careful reading of primary applications.
 
Across user platforms, both the # of secondaries and the secondary-to-II conversion rate are well down versus last year😵
 
Across user platforms, both the # of secondaries and the secondary-to-II conversion rate are well down versus last year😵
It is far too early to draw a conclusion like this in July when even some people who submitted their AMCAS applications very early are reaching the end of the 8 week verification queue and just now having their applications transmitted to AMCAS schools.
 
It is far too early to draw a conclusion like this in July when even some people who submitted their AMCAS applications very early are reaching the end of the 8 week verification queue and just now having their applications transmitted to AMCAS schools.
Yeah if any signal it means a lot more secondaries coming as u have been saying
 
+1 IS Secondary invite, Submitted primary 6/27, verified 7/21, secondary received 7/27 GPA 3.85 MCAT 511. Just leaving this for people who (like me) submitted later than typical.
 
+1 IS Secondary invite, Submitted primary 6/27, verified 7/21, secondary received 7/27 GPA 3.85 MCAT 511. Just leaving this for people who (like me) submitted later than typical.
Thanks for the info! I was also a later submission. Did you get a receipt email when you were verified?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info! I was also a later submission. Did you get a receipt email when you were verified?
I got an email from TMDSAS saying my app was verified and transmitted, then one day later Dell sent me their generic "we have received your app here are the next steps..."
 
I got an email from TMDSAS saying my app was verified and transmitted, then one day later Dell sent me their generic "we have received your app here are the next steps..."
Got it, thank you! A little surprised I never received that email. Trying to not lose too much hope as I know it's early. But did feel like I was a good fit there...
 
Any OOS still waiting on a secondary? LM 80.3, primary submitted 05/27, transmitted 06/09, got the receipt of application 6/18... crickets since. Deffo aware of the 90% in-state class but applied due to family ties. Just wondering how long it should be until I let this one roll of my back and forget about it? It's my last unreceived secondary.
 
Any OOS still waiting on a secondary? LM 80.3, primary submitted 05/27, transmitted 06/09, got the receipt of application 6/18... crickets since. Deffo aware of the 90% in-state class but applied due to family ties. Just wondering how long it should be until I let this one roll of my back and forget about it? It's my last unreceived secondary.
Dell only issues secondaries to 20% and its not because you are OOS.
 
transmitted 6/10 and have not gotten a receipt. i find this concerning to not have gotten a receipt despite being relatively early?
 
transmitted 6/10 and have not gotten a receipt. i find this concerning to not have gotten a receipt despite being relatively early?
I was transmitted 6/10 as well, emailed them yesterday and they sent me a notification of receipt email within 20 minutes. Probably can't hurt to email but I wouldn't sweat it.
 
lol I was transmitted 5/28 and just got confirmation of receipt today, yall are okay 🙂
 
I am so confused about the application receipt delays. I was verified 7/14 and received my receipt 7/15 (along with my other secondaries), but I am seeing a majority of people not get theirs for a few weeks. Does anyone know why? Its worrying more that it should lol

I especially wouldn't worry about receiving something earlier than expected lol, they probably have some internal system whether that be differences in the person reviewing apps, that they look at MCAT scores first, or sum other way that really none of us could know for sure. Either way, glad you got your receipt!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random question, but for those that completed the secondary, did the AMP portal update after? I submitted on 7/30, but portal does not mark as complete.