You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2026-2027 Dell Medical School
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Austin, TX
Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin
Average GPAGPA 3.80
Average MCATMCAT 512
UT-DELL Details
Interview Feedback
School Secondaries
neuronerds
Full Member
+IS II complete 6/15, received 7/1, interview date 8/6, LM 79
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That LM score - WOW+IS II complete 6/15, received 7/1, interview date 8/6, LM 85
neuronerds
Full Member
Typed my stats into the calculator incorrectly it’s actually 79 lol. Thanks for believing in me though😅That LM score - WOW
SunnyDash
Full Member
LOL with your success so far in invites, I believed it! Congrats, you're doing awesome!Typed my stats into the calculator incorrectly it’s actually 79 lol. Thanks for believing in me though😅
Last edited:
just got my receipt email yesterday (08/10) primary was submitted (07/07) now looking to get that secondary (fingers-crossed)
I truly think this whole receipt email is a quirk of how they set up their internal applicant "CRM" or something. Makes me wish I could see under the hood sometimes!
I truly think this whole receipt email is a quirk of how they set up their internal applicant "CRM" or something. Makes me wish I could see under the hood sometimes!
SunnyDash
Full Member
wowwwww just messed up on secondary real bad 😵😵😵
+1 IS II !!! LM 77.5 , video secondary completed 6/14 and my video was really bad guys so do not lose hope.
Hedgehog tells cow not to worry
rustbucket8!
New Member
primary transmitted 6/11, got a receipt today (8/11). does a receipt mean anything? trying to not get my hopes up too high, my stats are on the lower end for this school lol
cxtalyst
Full Member
i just messed mine up too.. did not even know what to say for one q :'''(wowwwww just messed up on secondary real bad 😵😵😵
meowsterzzzz
New Member
got a receipt email yesterday too (verified primary 8/10) and i think it's just a generic email regardless. i don't expect a 2nd from this school but i will frame this email just to make myself feel better ~ half joking. best of luck tho!primary transmitted 6/11, got a receipt today (8/11). does a receipt mean anything? trying to not get my hopes up too high, my stats are on the lower end for this school lol
rustbucket8!
New Member
staying delusional is the only way that we will get through this! cheers to usgot a receipt email yesterday too (verified primary 8/10) and i think it's just a generic email regardless. i don't expect a 2nd from this school but i will frame this email just to make myself feel better ~ half joking. best of luck tho!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glitterdolphin
Full Member
It takes a few days to update! If it's not updated by next week maybe reach outcompleted secondary 08/10, but the portal hasn't updated yet. should i contact them?
spikeball
New Member
they told me that the portal updates after reviewers have seen your secondary! so, they probably just haven't gotten to it yet.completed secondary 08/10, but the portal hasn't updated yet. should i contact them?
applyingin26
New Member
Received mine at the end of july and nothing further.primary transmitted 6/11, got a receipt today (8/11). does a receipt mean anything? trying to not get my hopes up too high, my stats are on the lower end for this school lol
cxtalyst
Full Member
Hi, my portal finally updated after I submitted my secondary on the 10th (within the 7 day priority deadline). In the portal, it says my application was submitted on the 19th which is well out of the 7 day window. Will they still see that I submitted my secondary within the recommended timeframe?
YesHi, my portal finally updated after I submitted my secondary on the 10th (within the 7 day priority deadline). In the portal, it says my application was submitted on the 19th which is well out of the 7 day window. Will they still see that I submitted my secondary within the recommended timeframe?
If you google it, it should be the top hit. Then just add your GPA and MCAT 🙂Can someone give formula to caluculate LM score?
look on the left side in menu.Can someone give formula to caluculate LM score?
LizzyM Score® Calculator | Student Doctor Network
Calculate your SDN LizzyM Score with GPA and current MCAT scaled into the original LizzyM range, compare the result with AAMC applicant outcome data, and find medical schools in the same reference band.
SunnyDash
Full Member
Anyone who has knowledge / interviewed Dell this cycle: please help!
For Dell MMI specifically, I'm wondering how many minutes we get to plan and how many minutes we have to give our response per station. Also, is it 4 stations, using a one-way video interview style? Any knowledge helps!
For Dell MMI specifically, I'm wondering how many minutes we get to plan and how many minutes we have to give our response per station. Also, is it 4 stations, using a one-way video interview style? Any knowledge helps!
They’ll give you the timing details in your invitation or on the day of. You will be giving your answers to a live person.Anyone who has knowledge / interviewed Dell this cycle: please help!
For Dell MMI specifically, I'm wondering how many minutes we get to plan and how many minutes we have to give our response per station. Also, is it 4 stations, using a one-way video interview style? Any knowledge helps!
ngl wondering the same thing 🤣This is kind of neurotic but if other people with similar stats who submitted their secondary on the same day as me got ii’s today does that mean they decided not to pick me for one? Or do they revisit them later / reconsider?
Check out my post in the Republic of Texas where these questions are addressed: Now we’re Cookin’ngl wondering the same thing 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yourlocalgator
Full Member
+1 Secondary. Receipt received 7/29.
Apple Juice
Full Member
LM score?+1 Secondary. Receipt received 7/29.
yourlocalgator
Full Member
LM78LM score?
hedgehog06245
Full Member
For people that registered for the first look day, did you receive a confirmation? I did not.
meowsterzzzz
New Member
i got a receipt email 08/11 and then just now an email from one of the directors of admission stating that my LOR is missing (series of events but am uploading the new one now!) ... does anyone know if dell has a history of sending missing material reminders or should i just assume that it is automatic? thank you!! (trying to keep myself sane)
Just be thankful they let you know what's keeping you from being complete.i got a receipt email 08/11 and then just now an email from one of the directors of admission stating that my LOR is missing (series of events but am uploading the new one now!) ... does anyone know if dell has a history of sending missing material reminders or should i just assume that it is automatic? thank you!! (trying to keep myself sane)
SylvieSaiko
New Member
anyone else have problem accessing the secondary application link? I got the invitation email but cannot open it anywhere
No secondary for me 😢anyone else have problem accessing the secondary application link? I got the invitation email but cannot open it anywhere
Not all who get the secondary will be interviewed, they will look it over & compare to othersAm I cooked if I submitted my secondary early August. Are they known for sending invites months later?
hollowmwwt
Full Member
Haven’t gotten secondary yet. So frustrating
otterbhappy
Full Member
Yeah, feeling a little bit like it isn't in the cards for me personally heheHaven’t gotten secondary yet. So frustrating
Same lolHaven’t gotten secondary yet. So frustrating
MedPiccolo
Full Member
Any tips for how to prepare for the Dell secondary? Is it similar to UTMB where its like another set of CASPER questions?
yourlocalgator
Full Member
Is it normal for the portal to take several days (4 business days) to update the secondary completion status from incomplete to complete?
I received a confirmation email from the video interviewing platform stating I completed my secondary, but the portal itself still shows my secondary status as incomplete.
I received a confirmation email from the video interviewing platform stating I completed my secondary, but the portal itself still shows my secondary status as incomplete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Somebody probably has to discuss it which could take timeIs it normal for the portal to take several days (4 business days) to update the secondary completion status from incomplete to complete?
I received a confirmation email from the video interviewing platform stating I completed my secondary, but the portal itself still shows my secondary status as incomplete.
+1 Secondary!
Very surprised as I thought I was out of. Had heard rumors of a hard GPA cutoff and thought it wasn’t in the cards for me.
Primary was verified July 7th
Very surprised as I thought I was out of. Had heard rumors of a hard GPA cutoff and thought it wasn’t in the cards for me.
Primary was verified July 7th
What was the supposed GPA cutoff?+1 Secondary!
Very surprised as I thought I was out of. Had heard rumors of a hard GPA cutoff and thought it wasn’t in the cards for me.
Primary was verified July 7th
I had heard around a 3.85 cGPA but obviously second hand information isn’t the most reliableWhat was the supposed GPA cutoff?
Yeah, that's definitely not it as I received a secondary and my cGPA is 3.6 (sGPA 3.9). I didn't get Dell secondary last year though so not sure what's different.I had heard around a 3.85 cGPA but obviously second hand information isn’t the most reliable