2026-2027 Dell Medical School

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Austin, TX Dell Medical School - University of Texas at Austin Average GPAGPA 3.80 Average MCATMCAT 512 UT-DELL Details Interview Feedback School Secondaries
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If TMDSAS transmitted application to all schools on June 1st but Dell Med has not sent a receipt as yet, would it be okay to email them to ask if they have received everything?
Hmm, I would wait. It does not seem like everybody gets the receipt email but it does not seem like that is because of anything. Mine was transmitted 6/5, but I did not get a receipt email until 6/8. A friend of mine was transmitted 6/2 and got his around 6/15. Really doesn't feel like any rhyme or reason.
 
Yeah I'm not sure the receipt of application really means anything. Last year I got a receipt notification 1 day after transmission, never received a secondary. This year my app was transmitted 6/10 and still nothing. Perhaps relevant I applied VERY late last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the secondary! May I ask your stats? Trying to gauge my chances with Dell.
Thank you! To be honest, my stats are nothing to write home about, so imagine my surprise when I received a secondary from Dell 😅. But to answer your question, I have 512 MCAT score and 4.0 GPA. Unfortunately, I feel like I completely bombed my video responses, so it is highly unlikely that I will be receiving an II from them as well. Only time will tell though, I'm trying to stay optimistic 🤞🥹
 
Last edited:
Thank you! To be honest, my stats are nothing to gawk at, so imagine my surprise when I received a secondary from Dell 😅. But to answer your question, I have 512 MCAT score and 4.0 GPA. Unfortunately, I feel like I completely bombed my video responses, so it is highly unlikely that I will be receiving an II from them as well. Only time will tell though, I'm trying to stay optimistic 🤞🥹
Don't worry, me too 😛
 
Thank you! To be honest, my stats are nothing to write home about, so imagine my surprise when I received a secondary from Dell 😅. But to answer your question, I have 512 MCAT score and 4.0 GPA. Unfortunately, I feel like I completely bombed my video responses, so it is highly unlikely that I will be receiving an II from them as well. Only time will tell though, I'm trying to stay optimistic 🤞🥹
Nothing to write home about? Your stats are great.
 
I see, thank you!
I felt that the questions were very school-centric. My advice would be to thoroughly research the school, and practice how to relate your experiences to the school’s mission, curriculum, and opportunities. But then again, I believe that not all applicants get the same set of questions, so take what I say with a grain of salt!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
submitted 5/20, transmitted 6/10, IS and LM of 77.5. I have not received a receipt (or secondary), am getting worried. Should I contact them and ask??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received a received from Dell this week, and was wondering how soon after the receipt notification did y'all get the video secondaries?
 
After submitting the video secondary, does the AMP portal update to show "completed application"? I submitted the video over a week ago and the portal hasn't updated, wondering if I should reach out to them or just wait.
 
Idk if this helps anyone, but my app was transmitted 5/22 and I just received the receipt email, idk what order they go in haha but in case anyone is waiting on it
 
I submitted my video on 6/27, and my portal says it was received on 6/30, but I haven't received an interview invite. Lowkey it's over for me
 
I submitted my video on 6/27, and my portal says it was received on 6/30, but I haven't received an interview invite. Lowkey it's over for me
I don't think that's true, on admit ppl were getting interviews yesterday with 6/22 or 6/23

Also I think there may be gymnastics with respect to Letters of Recommendation, if yours aren't submitted yet. Have been trying to figure out if LORs are a gating item to get an interview (and if so - is 3/4 sufficient? 4/4? idk).
 
I don't think that's true, on admit ppl were getting interviews yesterday with 6/22 or 6/23

Also I think there may be gymnastics with respect to Letters of Recommendation, if yours aren't submitted yet. Have been trying to figure out if LORs are a gating item to get an interview (and if so - is 3/4 sufficient? 4/4? idk).
Oh. I had no idea. I should've checked there first.

And as for the rec letters, I think you just need 3. TMDSAS requires only 3 letters (or a committee packet); the 4th is optional, and they won't accept more than 4 individual letters. So 3/4 already fully meets the requirement; you're not incomplete waiting on a 4th.

What I don't know is if you need the rec letters already uploaded to get an interview. Mine have been uploaded, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh. I had no idea. I should've checked there first.

And as for the rec letters, I think you just need 3. TMDSAS requires only 3 letters (or a committee packet); the 4th is optional, and they won't accept more than 4 individual letters. So 3/4 already fully meets the requirement; you're not incomplete waiting on a 4th.

What I don't know is if you need the rec letters already uploaded to get an interview. Mine have been uploaded, though.

Yeah it's very unclear, there is evidence to support no need at all, 3/4 (4 placeholders, 3 filled), and 4/4. (of course if you just have 3 letters, there's no third option). Fwiw, if 3/4 is clear, I'm in basically the same boat as you in terms of "complete"

If anyone has a counter example of getting an interview invite with either incomplete letters or 3/4 letters would love to know bc that would settle the question for all applicants
 
I received the secondary on 6/24 and submitted it on 6/28. If I haven't gotten an ii yet, are my chances bad? Or do most people get their invites towards the end of the month? I want to stay hopeful but realistic.
 
Received receipt on June 26th. Nothing since then, no secondary. Transmitted to schools on June 2nd. I am losing hope.