28000 character personal statement?!?

GladifImakeit

Membership Revoked
Removed
Apr 9, 2010
Somewheres
  1. Medical Student
    Did anyone know you can apparently have up to 28 thousand characters in your personal statement? I thought one page was normal and two pages was the max. I thought my draft was long at 4 thousand characters. Sheesh. Has anyone actually ever submitted a 20 page personal statement? What is ERAS thinking here?

bad virus

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Oct 14, 2008
    1. Pre-Medical
      Well, if it was a 28000 character minimum requirement, I know how I would have done it in high school. REDUNDANCY: Four score and seven years ago, 87 years to be exact. . .

But really, who is going to read more than two pages. The catch is to reel them in after the first few lines.

Staring up at the ceiling with my back to the cold ceramic of the basin, shaking and scared; my mother clenched on to us even harder every time the crack of an AK-47 sparked by.

True story bro.

Get them trying to read on to see what happens.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.