29 MCAT - Application Successes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi

I was wondering if people who have 29 MCATS could give advice on their successes in the application cycle. I know your school choice is limited but are there any suggestions to maximize my chances with a 29 (I have 3.73 BCPM, 3.83 Overally, good ECs, predict strong LORs)...

Thank you all for your comments; it's really appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

29N here, and very similar stats. only applied to my two state schools and was waitlisted in the bottom third at both. definitely possible to get in with a 29 :thumbup:

hi 29T
I got into TUSM this morning, first one.

apply early
get a T on WS if you get a 29
have strong ECs / GPA (3.7 here)
apply IS, mention you want to serve your state at interview
send letters of interest

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry my first post didn't help too much...apply broadly, and i think if you interview well, you should be good to go

What is the breakdown? I have a 9V 10B 10P N...

29 here as well (30 for the schools that take the best of each section). I applied broadly, had a ton of success for DO schools (got into all five that I applied to) and have had marginal success with MD (3 interviews, 1 rejection, 2 waitlist). I definitely think it is possible.

29R (10 BS, 10 PS, 9 VR) for me. I've done pretty well I think... 5 interview invites, went to 4, 2 acceptances, 2 WL (1 that might turn into an acceptance very soon). Agreed w/ the apply early, that might be one thing I would have done differently if I had to do it over again (I was complete everywhere by mid-Sept.. difficult for me since my committee letter couldn't be put together any earlier than the beginning of Sept.).

Overall, I think my GPA, good ECs and good LORs helped a ton. Obviously you will get cut from some schools based on just MCAT, but lots of schools will look past it. Just remember, a school's average MCAT is just that: an average. There are people above and below!

Check out my mdapps if you wanna see where I applied... I'd love to help if you need it! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

I was in a similar boat with grades but only scored a 27T on the MCAT. I applied to 6 state schools and was accepted to all of them. If you are self aware and apply to schools that could reasonably accept you, you have a fine chance. Once it get an interview you can shine with your great extracurriculars and personality; the MCAT wont be nearly as important then!

50+ results when performing this search on mdapplicants...

picture1pc6.png

10B 9V 10P N and I got interviews at 4 of 16 MD schools

29N here, and very similar stats. only applied to my two state schools and was waitlisted in the bottom third at both. definitely possible to get in with a 29 :thumbup:
ummm...did you get in?

You'll be fine! SELL THAT INTERVIEW

Last edited by a moderator: