This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cnbg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if PT schools have a final decision day or a second deposit due? I currently have multiple deposits paid and haven’t decided where I want to go yet and I’m wondering if I can wait a little longer to make a decision or if I have time.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s different for every program. Some have no deposits, some have one, some have two. And it’s likely that every program will have different due dates. Your best bet is to email all of them and ask when it’s due and/or ask for an extension. The programs I’ve been considering thankfully don’t have deposits, but I’ve asked for extensions from a couple of programs and they’ve obliged

Generally most people ask for extensions before they pay the deposit so they don’t lose a bunch of money. But if you’ve already paid then I suppose all you can do is avoid paying any more while you decide

Final decision deadline is typically 10-14 days after your notification of acceptance although it may vary depending on the school.

Personally, all of my schools only had one deposit due (typically around January/February) and I'm pretty sure you can forfeit the deposit as late as you want, although preferably do it sooner so your replacement from the waitlist/alternate list has more time. I have heard of extreme cases where students have been accepted just days before classes start and I could not imagine going through that.

I think you should check your schools first although I haven't heard of a second deposit before classes start but I only applied to four schools. With that said the school will usually notify you of deposit processes in your acceptance letter/email.