2nd Look.......WHAT TO WEAR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TleilaxuMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title explains it all. Would club/bar attire be appropriate or suits better?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with business casual, personally.

If the schedule has some kind of formal dinner I'd of course plan to dress nicer.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, club wear. Flashy club wear. Lots and lots of spandex. :D

Ok, seriously. A suit wuld be overdoing it, but nothing too trendy, either. Wear business casual: nice slacks and shoes if you're a guy; dressy pants or a non-mini skirt if you're a lady.

Ok, seriously. A suit wuld be overdoing it, but nothing too trendy, either. Wear business casual: nice slacks and shoes if you're a guy; dressy pants or a non-mini skirt if you're a lady.
But dress shirt? tie?.....or is buisness casual a (suit-tie-jacket+unbuttoned top collar=buisness casual)?

Jeans and a shirt?

this is so funny--you are already in! just dress comfortably and you'll get along just fine. and don't start a thread that asks what you should wear on the first day of school! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It might depend on the school. Try going to the allopathic class forums and asking at the specific class thread.

People from my chosen med school said casual is just fine, meaning that jeans are completely acceptable. As a girl, of course, I'm still torn...I don't want to end up being over/under-dressed, and I'm going to have to come up with something that is hopefully in-between casual/business casual. Any excuse to shop is welcome. :D

wherever i go im going naked..... then i can moon administrators that had the stupidity to accept me.:cool:

Title explains it all. Would club/bar attire be appropriate or suits better?:confused:

A hemp shawl, berkinstocks, no deoderant, and some dreadlocks.

Yes, spandex is highly recommended.

Who cares? You're in. They can't take it back.

clothes would be good.

but seriously, just wear what you normally wear (unless this is nothing or you have extremely bad fashion sense).

like koch said,
relax. you're in. don't stress.

go with business CASUAL if you want to be safe. but suit and tie = too much = look like a big nerd.

clothes would be good.

but seriously, just wear what you normally wear (unless this is nothing or you have extremely bad fashion sense).

like koch said,
relax. you're in. don't stress.

go with business CASUAL if you want to be safe. but suit and tie = too much = look like a big nerd.
What exactly is buisness CASUAL? The whole point of this thread. SHeesh!

business casual is like.... no jeans (probably khakis, black pants, grey pants, etc.)

and a nice sweater if it's cold, or just collared shirt. or casual button down shirt (not one of those very crisp, ironed ones that you wear inside your suit).

that's what i would say business casual is.

businesscasual.jpg

casual.m1.jpg

I'm going to dress how I usually dress. And this is not how I usually dress. They let me in, now they have to deal with it. (well, of course I will bring some party-able clothes to change into... I have to at least attempt to impress the ladies.... I wonder what the hook-up rate is on second look weekend... probably close to 17% of single premeds)

so casual dress = look G@y dress?
businesscasual.jpg

casual.m1.jpg

I'm going to dress how I usually dress. And this is not how I usually dress. They let me in, now they have to deal with it. (well, of course I will bring some party-able clothes to change into... I have to at least attempt to impress the ladies.... I wonder what the hook-up rate is on second look weekend... probably close to 17% of single premeds)
If you look like me then probably 98-100%. For others ^ it would be considerably less than 10%.

haha 17% hook-up rates for pre-meds? i'm quite certain that despite the fact that pre-meds, despite being adept at math and science, have fantastic sex lives.

anyway, i will be wearing my favorite black dress. classy.

:laugh: Yeah, these guys would definitely not impress the ladies.

And the hook-up rate is most certainly dependent on the school itself (some schools just have more attractive people, let's not kid ourselves) and how their second-look weekend is set up and the types of activities they have planned. Free party=higher percent of M0 hook-ups. Why is this information not included in the MSAR? I propose a scientific poll (SDN poll?) on how often this happens. :cool:

2nd look hookups... hmmm just the right way to kick off med school! :laugh:

I hate to revive old threads, but I was wonering what people would think to wear for a second look weedend, especially if we'll be rounding? I always thought med students got dressed up for rounds, so should I whip out a tie with nice pants and a shirt?

I hate to revive old threads, but I was wonering what people would think to wear for a second look weedend, especially if we'll be rounding? I always thought med students got dressed up for rounds, so should I whip out a tie with nice pants and a shirt?

Rounding? Hmmmm. I see your point. I was thinking of going with slacks or jeans and a polo or somethiing along those lines. But if I were rounding, probably steping it up to tie-level would be in order. I would call and ask.

Edit: My second look is in less then a week and a half, and I still havn't received a schedule or hotel information (no one has it seems). So i'm really blind about expectations right now.

Rounding? Hmmmm. I see your point. I was thinking of going with slacks or jeans and a polo or somethiing along those lines. But if I were rounding, probably steping it up to tie-level would be in order. I would call and ask.

Edit: My second look is in less then a week and a half, and I still havn't received a schedule or hotel information (no one has it seems). So i'm really blind about expectations right now.

:D I leave tomorrow; haven't packed, haven't made hotel arrangements for Friday :eek: . I'm hoping that when I get there, I could maybe just split a hotel room with one of the other second look attendees. Otherwise, it's going to be a fun Friday night...

i'd just like point out that WERE DISCUSSING WHAT TO WEAR??????????

I have a second look that told us the dress is business casual. Someone said that I need to wear a tie. Is that really true? Or is a nice shirt and pants ok?

i'd just like point out that WERE DISCUSSING WHAT TO WEAR??????????

Eh, relax NervousNed. Just go business casual (unless your day involves a pool-party or bowling or something). You can't go wrong with slacks and a polo, even if jeans are acceptable. If some people where ties, you still won't look too out of place. Anyway, the day is designed for you to re-evaulate them, not the other way around. Your already accepted, so don't sweat the clothes.

Anyway,
Humble: hope things work out for you. I just recieved the info for my day. At least I can make some plans now.

Also. You're in the school. There's no pressure anymore. Wear whatever you feel would be appropriate if you were going to events like this in general. You don't have to impress anyone. You will be judged for wearing a suit, and you will be judged for cut-off jeans and a hawaiian shirt. But anything in between is fine.

Personally, I want to get one of those cool sweatshirts that zips all the way up the hood. Such a brilliant idea.

Remember, you're going to be a doctor now, it's never too early to start telling everybody that. Might as well wear scrubs or a full length white coat. (the sleeves may be cut off either of these items)

As for evening wear, I would go with a business thong or a good cod piece. (white coat optional)

Remember, you're going to be a doctor now, it's never too early to start telling everybody that. Might as well wear scrubs or a full length white coat. (the sleeves may be cut off either of these items)

As for evening wear, I would go with a business thong or a good cod piece. (white coat optional)

Amazing. I had to bump this so others would read these words of wisdom. I second the business banana hamock for men.