2nd pair of loupes at student discount

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbde4dds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have used Orascoptic 3.5 magnification loupes during the school. I would like to get a 2nd pair of loupes as I am graduating and need recommendations for this other pair, what company should I go with- Q-optics, DFV or any other? Looking for good service, excellent field of vision, cordless light and of course student discount for graduating student. Please share your experience with loupes. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I have had Q-Optics (3.0 mag) for the last 3 years and I've been very pleased with them. One of the main things that attracted me to them is their light-weight design and they were very reasonably priced compared to some other brands. I’ve also only had pleasant experiences when dealing with Q-Optics. I find that their representatives are friendly, helpful, and stand behind their product. Last year I lost my charger in clinic and when I contacted the company, they sent me a new charger at no cost and I received it 2 days later. I would recommend them!

Reactions: 1 user
Lumadent is your best bet. Their loupes are solid, they offer a cordless light, and they offer the lowest price compared to the other brands. I would've went with them for my main loupes if they offered a 4.5x option, but they only go up to 3.5x

Reactions: 1 user