3.0 gpa if I take post-bacc... can I get in US-MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DriftaX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa is a 3.0 and I have gotten a F in a science class. If I get a 3.8+ gpa in post bacc and have a 35+mcat would I have a chance of going to a decent/good US-MD school? I do not want to goto the caribb or DO. What are my options?

Members don't see this ad.

yes. your options would be a decent/good US-MD school.

My gpa is a 3.0 and I have gotten a F in a science class. If I get a 3.8+ gpa in post bacc and have a 35+mcat would I have a chance of going to a decent/good US-MD school? I do not want to goto the caribb or DO. What are my options?

Agree that it's doable though 3.8+ and 35+ is easier said than done.

Members don't see this ad :)
With such a low GPA, med schools will want to see 1.5-2.0 years of excellent grades, including lots of upper-level science courses, to prove you can succeed in the science-intense curriculum of a med school. Also, repeat the science class you got the F in.

Far too many ifs there, especially a 35 on the mcat (I believe that's over the 90 percentile).