3.0ish gpa with low DAT score get accepted nowadays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is a thread about 3.0ers talking about their acceptance, but I feel like a lot of people who got accepted to a dental school got into a state school or some schools accept URM.

I hope I am wrong and some stats in predents.com seem strange.
Such as I saw a guy with 15 AA, 15 TS, 30 PAT, and 2.5 sGPa, and 2.5 oGPA got accepted to a lot of schools. I don't know it just sounds bizarre to me.

Members don't see this ad.

I know there is a thread about 3.0ers talking about their acceptance, but I feel like a lot of people who got accepted to a dental school got into a state school or some schools accept URM.

Such as I saw a guy with 15 AA, 15 TS, 30 PAT, and 2.5 sGPa, and 2.5 oGPA got accepted to a lot of schools. I don't know it just sounds bizarre to me.

Yes, predents.com probably are not the most accurate source since people can put whatever they want on those.

2.5 gpa with 15 AA and 15 TS will never be accepted anywhere.

In order to get 15's you need to miss like 80% of the questions.

I don't think any dental schools want an applicant that has low gpa + low DAT.. They would be gambling on you if they do accept you to their program.. Very unlikely

Members don't see this ad :)
Once again, there is no predents.com police. Take what is posted on their with a grain of salt.

Yes, predents.com probably are not the most accurate source since people can put whatever they want on those.

2.5 gpa with 15 AA and 15 TS will never be accepted anywhere.

In order to get 15's you need to miss like 80% of the questions.

I disagree what if she or he was African american or American Indian? or American Hispanic American!!

I disagree what if she or he was African american or American Indian? or American Hispanic American!!

I hope you know that they just dont let anyone in w/ 15's, no matter what American they are.
like someone said...
Its like taking a risk. why would schools volunteer to experiment to lose ~300k...

Get real.

I hope you know that they just dont let anyone in w/ 15's, no matter what American they are.
like someone said...
Its like taking a risk. why would schools volunteer to experiment to lose ~300k...

Get real.

What risk would you be referring to they are not donating their schools resources to you, you are paying them.

Well they do for medschools its guaranteed 50/50 male female split and then they break it down into representative races to make sure they have an "equal" representations. Even if there were 500 women with 44's on the mcat and 500 men with 25's you would still see an equal distribution of male and female. The "disadvantaged" people can have lower scores and GPA and be admitted. Its really BS IMO but the world is not always fair with todays political correctness. I have never seen any sort of statistics for dental school besides M/F. However I would not be surprised if dental schools did something similar. I would say if your Hispanic, African American or Indian you probably stand a better chance than being a white male.

What risk would you be referring to they are not donating their schools resources to you, you are paying them.

Well they do for medschools its guaranteed 50/50 male female split and then they break it down into representative races to make sure they have an "equal" representations. Even if there were 500 women with 44's on the mcat and 500 men with 25's you would still see an equal distribution of male and female. The "disadvantaged" people can have lower scores and GPA and be admitted. Its really BS IMO but the world is not always fair with todays political correctness. I have never seen any sort of statistics for dental school besides M/F. However I would not be surprised if dental schools did something similar. I would say if your Hispanic, African American or Indian you probably stand a better chance than being a white male.

lol:laugh:

you laugh because you know its true 50 ;)

Last edited:
you laugh because you know its true 50 ;)

lol:lol:

your missing the point. Try to back up your claims from researched statistics from medical school admissions book. If you do not have it go to your pre med office or pre med club they should have it... Then you come back here and let us know... Because every statement that you have made is false...

:smack:

Even with the MSAR all the stats it gives you is M/F and then race percentage. Whether you want to realize it or not talking to enough doctors, university staff, and students it is true. Most people just tip toe around the subject matter instead of pointing it out.

Look at J.A.M.P. Its an organization that help underprivileged students get into medical school. They can get automatic admission by passing all classes with a minimum of a C and at least a 23-24 on the MCAT. My point is there are less minority applicants that apply to medical school and dental school. So to have a representative they are likely to have lower stats. I am not saying that is the case for all minority students but for most it is. I know a couple guys from my university that just because they were a member of a minority group they got in with a 22 on the mcat and a less than stellar GPA. Now contrast that with the average which is a 30 on the MCAT and 3.5+ gpa..does something not seem right? I don't want a sub par physician or dentist personally and I could care less what race you are as long as your competent and hard working.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even with the MSAR all the stats it gives you is M/F and then race percentage. Whether you want to realize it or not talking to enough doctors, university staff, and students it is true. Most people just tip toe around the subject matter instead of pointing it out.

Look at J.A.M.P. Its an organization that help underprivileged students get into medical school. They can get automatic admission by passing all classes with a minimum of a C and at least a 23-24 on the MCAT. My point is there are less minority applicants that apply to medical school and dental school. So to have a representative they are likely to have lower stats. I am not saying that is the case for all minority students but for most it is. I know a couple guys from my university that just because they were a member of a minority group they got in with a 22 on the mcat and a less than stellar GPA. Now contrast that with the average which is a 30 on the MCAT and 3.5+ gpa..does something not seem right? I don't want a sub par physician or dentist personally and I could care less what race you are as long as your competent and hard working.

lol:laugh:

Wonderful sources & excellent statement...

I hope you do know that the sub par physicians or dentists pass the same board exams...
plus if you look at the mcat scores from 90's and now they have increased so you are telling me that the doctors who graduated in the 90's are all not good doctors?...
If numbers are what defines competence to you... then every time you go to a doctor you should ask them to present their transcript, after all a good doctor or dentist are the people with higher grades than anyone. so for even a minor infection you would go to a neurosurgeon ?...
Some schools just give good grades and some classes are easy in some schools and in others there are not... so there is no way of fairly comparing gpa's.

Like i said before, could you please take the time to refer to medical school admissions book... because that will surely change your mind.

ps. stop posting dum3344 sources that no one will ever refer to. Get your sources straight AAMC...
i hope you know .com & blogspot are written by individuals & we do not even know if they are doctors or not.

Is there such breakdowns as the link for dental? like various DAT scores with various GPA levels?

scroll up and find my signature underneath my first post in this tread... it should say statistics for curious... hope thats what you are looking for.

scroll up and find my signature underneath my first post in this tread... it should say statistics for curious... hope thats what you are looking for.

I meant exactly the same as the post you posted for mcat/gpa.
Is there such publication that has rows as different levels of gpa and columns as different levels of dat scores that are respectively related?

This is the exact same data.. and its not a matter of being lazy I own one but gave it to a friend to go over while applying. Exactly which part am I wrong on? All groups display a bell curve and all groups besides white and asian have a mean shifted towards lower stats. Make sure your reading the table correctly and not just referring to the first row. Scroll all the way to the bottom where it includes all GPA with MCAT scores.

I meant exactly the same as the post you posted for mcat/gpa.
Is there such publication that has rows as different levels of gpa and columns as different levels of dat scores that are respectively related?

No... schools just show their average scores. but not how many 24's they have accepted nor how many 15's they have accepted.

This is the exact same data.. and its not a matter of being lazy I own one but gave it to a friend to go over while applying. Exactly which part am I wrong on? All groups display a bell curve and all groups besides white and asian have a mean shifted towards lower stats. Make sure your reading the table correctly and not just referring to the first row. Scroll all the way to the bottom where it includes all GPA with MCAT scores.

Lol :laugh: its the NOT the same EXACT data... look carefull

Get your book back... from your friend you need it more.

From the previous statements that you have made you have stated that URM/disadvantaged get in easily and with low scores and white people have hard time getting into school.

The link states that equal number of URM w/ "bad" scores/GPA get in as the white folks... It also states that there are 3X more white applicants than Hispanic, black and American Indian combined. Yet if you look at the white chart and the other nationality chart, their are about same number of low scores getting in.

The data also shows that 6% of more whites are accepted than all those 3 different nationalities. (I mean within the individual ethnicity like white acceptances is ~48% and those 3 different nationalities is ~42%)

And i rest my case regarding the minority studies, and all of you bs comments that you have made.

+ you are also in the wrong section and arguing about different field.

Try pre medical section....

Last edited: