DO 3.13 cgpa, 2.97sgpa, 511mcat.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Averagejoe2.0

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a Canadian with 3.11cgpa, 2.97sgpa and 511 mcat. Asian. APPLYING DO ONLY.

The gpa stands as is because of prior community college courses that I did horrible in, while my actual undergraduate cgpa is 3.45 and 3.25 sgpa. The last two years of ugrad my cgpa is 3.8 with no grade below A-.

ECs:
-- >200 hours hospital volunteering
--Tutoring in underserved communities for 3+ yrs
--Founder & president of club during ugrad
--Big brother big sister's for a year
--Humanitarian trip for 2 weeks
--Summer research volunteering in a lab (got a letter out if it too)
--Shadowed an MD and DO (letters from both, although haven't know them long time)

I've applied to every single DO school that accepts Canadians. What are my chances? Also how would you proceed in my situation if my chances are zero?

Thank you!!
 
I'm a Canadian with 3.11cgpa, 2.97sgpa and 511 mcat. Asian. APPLYING DO ONLY.

The gpa stands as is because of prior community college courses that I did horrible in, while my actual undergraduate cgpa is 3.45 and 3.25 sgpa. The last two years of ugrad my cgpa is 3.8 with no grade below A-.

ECs:
-- >200 hours hospital volunteering
--Tutoring in underserved communities for 3+ yrs
--Founder & president of club during ugrad
--Big brother big sister's for a year
--Humanitarian trip for 2 weeks
--Summer research volunteering in a lab (got a letter out if it too)
--Shadowed an MD and DO (letters from both, although haven't know them long time)

I've applied to every single DO school that accepts Canadians. What are my chances? Also how would you proceed in my situation if my chances are zero?

Thank you!!
You should get some love from the newest schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad