3.15 GPA/2.9 sGPA, 460 DAT, Should I do an SMP/Post-Bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

epicgamer5546

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I just graduated in May 2025 and my GPA is not where I would like it to be. I took the DAT in December 2025 and plan to apply early in 2027. However, I did not shadow and volunteer at all during undergrad but I will get my hours during the gap year. I do have some experience working at a dental clinic as a front desk for a summer in 2022.

My stats:
  • GPA: 3.15 cumulative / 2.9 science
  • DAT: 460 AA / 460 TS / 500 PAT
I am looking for any feedback and guidance if I should do a post-bacc/SMP instead of applying for 2027 to make up for my low GPA. Thank you so much for reading and I really appreciate any advice!
 
Hello everyone,

I just graduated in May 2025 and my GPA is not where I would like it to be. I took the DAT in December 2025 and plan to apply early in 2027. However, I did not shadow and volunteer at all during undergrad but I will get my hours during the gap year. I do have some experience working at a dental clinic as a front desk for a summer in 2022.

My stats:
  • GPA: 3.15 cumulative / 2.9 science
  • DAT: 460 AA / 460 TS / 500 PAT
I am looking for any feedback and guidance if I should do a post-bacc/SMP instead of applying for 2027 to make up for my low GPA. Thank you so much for reading and I really appreciate any advice!
my opinion- you need to do an SMP
a postbacc won't improve your gpa enough
an SMP is a separate graduate gpa...