General Admissions & OTCAS 3.3 gpa! where to apply to OT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepedsOT24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall!

I am just going into my senior year of college. I am a Human Development and Family Studies major at Colorado State University. My cumulative GPA is about a 3.3, and my prereq. GPA is the same. I've finished all my prereqs (except physics for some schools). I have worked at a care facility for developmentally disabled kiddos (ages 21 and younger) for over a year. OT is my absolute passion, but I'm discouraged by my low grade point average. Anyone have some schools that look deeper than just grade point average? I'm really starting to freak out with OTCAS opening up soon, as I haven't narrowed down where I'm going to apply. Thanks so so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey yall!

I am just going into my senior year of college. I am a Human Development and Family Studies major at Colorado State University. My cumulative GPA is about a 3.3, and my prereq. GPA is the same. I've finished all my prereqs (except physics for some schools). I have worked at a care facility for developmentally disabled kiddos (ages 21 and younger) for over a year. OT is my absolute passion, but I'm discouraged by my low grade point average. Anyone have some schools that look deeper than just grade point average? I'm really starting to freak out with OTCAS opening up soon, as I haven't narrowed down where I'm going to apply. Thanks so so much :)
Do you mind where you are located or are you pretty much open to anywhere? Would you be willing to apply non-OTCAS?

Do you mind where you are located or are you pretty much open to anywhere? Would you be willing to apply non-OTCAS?

I don't mind where the location is, and am willing to apply outside of OTCAS if it would help my chances of being accepted into a program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mind where the location is, and am willing to apply outside of OTCAS if it would help my chances of being accepted into a program.
That is good that you are open, your gpa is about the same as mine and I got into Creighton, I would say Creighton, ATSU, Midwestern, Brenau, and USC would be a good start because from what I have heard and experienced those schools tend to take a holistic approach to the application so you may have a better chance of getting an interview and getting in if you can sell yourself well and present a well-rounded application.

Chatham University's average GPA for last year's incoming class was a 3.4, and their pre-req was a 3.38 I think.
I know grads from that program who told me that application is holistic - they won't focus on your GPA as much. Check out D' Youville College in Buffalo, NY! What is your last 60 GPA?

Chatham University's average GPA for last year's incoming class was a 3.4, and their pre-req was a 3.38 I think.
I know grads from that program who told me that application is holistic - they won't focus on your GPA as much. Check out D' Youville College in Buffalo, NY! What is your last 60 GPA?

My last 60 credit GPA is around a 3.4 to 3.5. My gpa has been pretty steady all through college.

Personally, I think you'll get in somewhere. Just make sure you apply all over the place!