3.3GPA PENDING MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Premed559

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 2 years out of undergraduate school. My science GPA was 3.23 / cumulative 3.3. I'm currently studying to taking my MCAT in January. I did track and field for 2 years in college, was part of a fraternity and held office for 1 year. I volunteered for 1 summer at rotacare after graduating but moved to another location so I stopped going. I am now doing that again at my current city and doing clinical research with a doctor at a hospital. I'm set up to shadow a few physicians at a general surgery group as well. I am also registered to take microbiology class at the community college this fall. I've been an ER scribe for 2 years, lead scribe for about 8 months. I am of Mexican descent and am first generation student.

Negatives: I recently was charged with a DUI for driving a friend home a few weeks ago (0.13%) after running a yellow light that turned red.

What should I do at this point? I'm afraid that no school will look at my application because of the DUI.
 
No one can help without an MCAT score.
I you don't speak Spanish fluently, now would be a good time to start.
Community service?
Shadow longitudinal care instead of tertiary care, if at all possible.

I always thought DUIs were essentially a death sentence? Certainly they aren't going to ignore that


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, they are a significant impediment, though.
If someone were killed (which could have happened), I would agree.

Nobody was injured with the exception of my self esteem. My hearing isn't until 2 months from now but there's no way I'm having charges dropped with a 0.13%
 
Fastest path will be to retake all F.D.C grades and aim for DO schools. If you're boning for the MD, then acing a post-bac or SMP, and MCAT, are needed.
Will it be difficult to get into a SMP or Post-bac with the DUI?