3.4/505 WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abdul17

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Due to a plethora of reasons I had to retake the MCAT multiple times.
My most recent is a 505(127/123/126/129). cGPA and sGPA are both 3.4.
I've shadowed multiple doctors.
Volunteered at a hospital and have community based volunteering.
Over 2500 hours as an EMT
Over 4500 hours as a Research Tech (working full time for 2 years) ~no pubs unfortunately
Strong LORs from employers, professors and research supervisor.
I'm a NY resident URM.
I have a strong (based on other people) personal statement.
I was granted an interview w/ TouroCOM last cycle and placed WL however WL period is over so guys WAMC?

My list includes:
MD:
All 4 SUNYs
NYMC
Hofstra
Rutgers

DO:
NYITCOM (submitted already)
TouroCOM

I have a strong preference to stay in NY due to family concerns and reasons. But this is a numbers game so I'm open to anything you guys can add.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Where else did you get interviews? I surmise that it has been a while since you got your bachelor's degree... how many years (2 or 3)?

Does Touro give feedback? Did you connect with anyone in admissions, diversity, or student affairs? Any students you can talk to who attend the school?

Where else did you get interviews? I surmise that it has been a while since you got your bachelor's degree... how many years (2 or 3)?

Does Touro give feedback? Did you connect with anyone in admissions, diversity, or student affairs? Any students you can talk to who attend the school?
I graduated in 2019. Touro unfortunately does not give any feedback from what I know. I did speak with 2 other individuals who attend the school and they had great feedback about it.

I wasn't granted an interview elsewhere as I had taken my MCAT in Jan of 2022 and NYITCOM and Touro were the only schools willing to wait for the score. Unfortunately NYITCOM never send me a II.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you networked with anyone in student affairs/diversity at any of the medical schools on your list? Have you reached out to SNMA officers? Are you still in touch with the 2 students?

Have you networked with anyone in student affairs/diversity at any of the medical schools on your list? Have you reached out to SNMA officers? Are you still in touch with the 2 students?
No I haven't networked with anyone kind of have a hard time with that. I am still in touch with the 2 students however.

No I'm not Hispanic. I'm Afghan-American.
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a ~25% chance for a MD acceptance. Your best chances are at DO schools but there is no guarantee that you will receive an acceptance to a school in the New York City region.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
UNECOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
WVSOM