3.4/519/non-trad with upward trend. Med School List Help, Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1107298

Hello I am applying to medical school soon and I am looking for advice on where to apply for reaches, attainable schools, and safe schools.

White male, 28 years old
Undergrad and Post-Bacc at Ohio State
Undergrad 3.0 cGPA (Political Science, Pre-Law track)
DIY Post-Bacc 3.9 sGPA
3.4 cGPA (3.0 undergrad + 3.9 Post-Bacc)
519 MCAT
  1. ~2,000 hours clinical experience (work full time at a psych hospital while taking classes)
  2. Volunteer at suicide hotline
  3. I tutor anatomy on the side
  4. Was a visiting student at Stanford for a semester and was in the Silicon Valley Innovation Academy
  5. I have a YouTube channel dedicated to mental health education
  6. Shadowed a few psychiatrists
  7. Minimal research experience but I plan on continuing research between now and matriculation
  8. Also in the process of developing an app to connect people with each other to talk anonymously
Personal background and reasoning for pursuing medicine (sorry it’s long but I feel that it’s relevant)

Worked in finance for 4 years (associate banker at JP Morgan Chase & Co. and a 2 year paid internship at a local financial advising company in Columbus). I took a leap of faith and quit my job to pursue a career in Hollywood as a producer and then COVID happened and left me without a home or a job. I lived in my car for 3 months traveling the east coast United States in an attempt to clear my head and find my purpose. It was during this time that I spoke with a psychiatrist about the depression/anxiety I had had since middle school and was initially reluctant to take medication but I ended up doing it at the persuasion of a close family member and it changed my life. For the first time in a long time I felt like I had a certain clarity about my life I didn’t have before. It was during this time I wrapped up my travels, moved back to Columbus, Ohio and started taking pre med classes at OSU with the goal of becoming a psychiatrist to help others in the same way that psychiatrist helped me.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest:
I recommend:

Columbia

Vandy

Dartmouth

BU

Duke

Pitt

Mayo

Mt Sinai

Keck (maybe)

Temple (maybe)

UCSF

EVMS

Hofstra

Emory

Jefferson

U VM

Miami

Drexel

Albany

Tufts

NYMC

TCU/UNT

Your state schools

Rush

Loyola

Rosy Franklin

Tulane

Wake

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Wayne State

Netter

NovaMD

NYU.LI

Any DO program. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend ARCOM, RVU, Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:
I recommend:

Columbia

Vandy

Dartmouth

BU

Duke

Pitt

Mayo

Mt Sinai

Keck (maybe)

Temple (maybe)

UCSF

EVMS

Hofstra

Emory

Jefferson

U VM

Miami

Drexel

Albany

Tufts

NYMC

TCU/UNT

Your state schools

Rush

Loyola

Rosy Franklin

Tulane

Wake

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Wayne State

Netter

NovaMD

NYU.LI

Any DO program. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend ARCOM, RVU, Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user