MD & DO 3.4 GPA 506 MCAT What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinda fly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA 3.4
MCAT 506

I used to be in an accelarated MD program till I dropped due to grades. My GPA curve looks like a U, so I dont know how good that is.

ECs
400 hrs Research for Diabetic Retinopathy, I wrote a grant proposal and am likely going again this summer to work on that some more. If anything gets published I'll be a coauthor since I wrote a discussion piece on it.

I work at a clinic serving Refugees who many of them cant speak english (I'm bilingual). Ive had about a week of working there last summer, and Im working now every sunday there for about 5 hours a week

Muslim Student Association President for 2017-2018
Muslim Student Association Coordination chair 2016-2017

I recieved my Pilots License last summer also.

I am quite okay with almost any MD school at this point, and I'm okay as well with the DO route. It doesnt matter much for me as long as I get to be a physician hopefully in ER , but realistically most people dont know what they want until rotations.

Location likewise isnt much of a concern however around Atlanta would be better since that is where I live.

Most of my volunteering and shadowing expirience is from high school. The MD program dissuaded ECs and so when I dropped out after sophmore year I didnt have anything substansial.

My MCAT I would prefer to not take it again if it isnt neccessary.

This is the school list i have so far:
University of New England
University of Pikesville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine
West Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia, Carolina, Auburn)
Howard University College of Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (Lincoln Memorial)
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Morehouse School of Medicine
Oklahoma State University (tulsa)
Michigan State (Michigan State University College of Human Medicine)
Universiy of Missisipi
Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (Ohio University, Dublin, Cleveland)
Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine (Marshall University)
University of North Dakota
Rosalind franklin medical school
Eastern Virginia Medical School

This spring and summer I am looking into scribing and getting my EMT license as well as more research with my PI and volunteering in the refugee communities.

What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.