3.45 sGPA, 3.61 cGPA, 25Q MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr4g0nH4x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to Osteopathic and Allopathic schools this summer. According to my AACOMAS calculated gpa's I have a 3.45 science (since math is not included) and a 3.61 cumulative. I have not obtained any C's in my undergraduate courses, I had one C in a high school community college course and it is bringing my GPA down significantly. I have a 3.7 cumulative in my Undergrad. My first MCAT is a 25Q, however I am retaking on June 21 and am relatively confident I will do better.

My clinical EC's include 80 hours volunteering in the local Emergency Department, 25 hours shadowing a MD Neurologist, 6 hours shadowing a DO ER doctor, a summer of habilitation work with intellectually handicapped teenagers, four years as a certified Combat Life Saver in the Army National Guard Infantry, and two weeks shadowing physician's assistants at an annual training where I learned how to do emergency intubations, sutures, and run EKG machines.

My other EC's include 3 complete years of ROTC, 4 years in the National Guard, President of International Psychology Honors Society, Treasurer of Biological Honors Society, ROTC Financial Advisor, Student Government Senator, University Senate Committee member, Psychology Research with a publication at NCUR, Organic Chemistry research synthesizing heart medication compounds (Nitroxyl Release from Anthracene), and three years as an active member in psychology club.

Do I have an okay shot at any school as of now? Should I send my application in as soon as possible, and just mark down the retake date? (I am worried about getting screened out due to my first MCAT score).

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

You kill your mcat and you could go md. If you stay in the 27-30 range, osteopathic schools would be your best bet. Apply broad and wide either way.

Thank you for your feedback. I did not clarify it when I originally posted but my sGPA for AMCAS is about 3.63. AACOMAS did not count the math courses so it brought me down significantly for them. I have been studying extremely hard for the next MCAT as I am hoping to attend USUHS.