3.5 gpa, 26 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisdw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am wondering if I should apply with my numbers.
I have a 3.5 gpa and I have taken the MCAT two times. The first time I received a 25, PS 8 / BS 8 / VR 9 M. The second time I received a 26 PS 8 / BS 8 / VR 10 M.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
SDN's International Medicine Forums would be a better place to look to get an idea of your competitiveness for schools abroad. For US allo schools to look at you seriously might take another 6 points on the MCAT. Have you taken a formal classroom prep course?

Nice ECs.

For MD you will need to seriously retake and before hand seriously study hardcore ( go to the mcat section for advice).
I would honestly say that if your apply to DO your ok.
Personally the know the Israeli school is good, but sorry Israel = you needing to learn Hebrew and fast to live. Ireland = not that great not very good for residency.

So if you want to practice in the U.S. Then go ahead and apply to DO schools and you'll be fine. ( DO's have no problem matching into basically every residency).
For MD in the US retake.
For international MD, your probably good, but i'd personally go to DO first. That is unless your interested in working in those countries or learning the language and then fighting for a internal medicine residency.