WAMC: ORM-Splitter 3.5 GPA/519 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shyoceans

Reaction score
Hi, I’m applying 2024-2025 cycle and I’d love some feedback on my app! Let me know if I should remove or add certain schools. I'm not really research-oriented or have a research-heavy app so I tried to pick schools that reflect that.

Basic info: ORM, Ohio resident, State school for undergrad

Stats: cGPA 3.5x, sGPA 3.4x (upward trend, junior and senior year) MCAT 519 (130/129/132/128)

Clinical (paid): 700+ hours working as Mental Health Technician in children’s psychiatric hospital (duration under a year)

Research: 250 hours in pediatric psych lab, no pubs or posters

Shadowing: 40 hours (pediatrics, neurology)

Non-clinical volunteering: 300+ hours at a women’s homeless center, 90 hours with service club (partnered with various orgs)

Leadership: 600+ hours teaching English abroad at a vocational school during gap years, 200+ hours as student leader of program for survivors of neurological diseases - worked with clinicians to create accessible resources for survivors.

ECS:

100+ hours as DEI chair of service club- arranged speakers, events for club of 500+ members

50+ hours DEI chair for my resident hall

100+ hours at service club (various leadership, social activities)

100+ hours at Brain injury club - includes various clinical volunteering and outreach (not enough to put separately though)

200+ hours as manager at retail store

Projected for second gap year:

600+ hours teaching English abroad during second gap year - bilingual in Spanish

100+ volunteering with Red Cross abroad

Strong LORS, decent PS (theme of serving vulnerable populations)

SCHOOLS LIST:

BU, Tufts, UMASS, SUNY, Albany, Stony Brook, Hofstra, NYMC, SUNY Upstate, Georgetown, GW, Howard, Drexel, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, Loyola, U of Illinois, Rosalind Franklin, NEOMED, OSU, Cinci, Toledo, Wright , Vermont, Brown, Quinnipiac, Dartmouth, UofA Phoenix, Colorado, UCSD, EVMS, Wayne State, Oakland, VCU, Medical College of Wisconsin, Wisco

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you have an upward trend in your GPA the last couple years?

You have a lot of public OOS schools that either are heavily in-state or focus on higher stat applicants for the OOS students they do take (UCSD, Stony Brook, Upstate, Arizona Phoenix, Wisconsin Madison).

You have several state public schools on your list that admit few non residents with a GPA of 3.5 and no connection to the state. Howard mainly admits applicants from the African American community.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Toledo
Wright State
NEOMED
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
TCU
Belmont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Hofstra
Einstein
NYMC
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have an upward trend in your GPA the last couple years?

You have a lot of public OOS schools that either are heavily in-state or focus on higher stat applicants for the OOS students they do take (UCSD, Stony Brook, Upstate, Arizona Phoenix, Wisconsin Madison).
Yes upward trend!