3.5 gpa/32 mcat - will have MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PYB2260

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa and science gpa are both around a 3.5

mcat is 32 P

I am a reapplicant.

I will be receiving my MPH at UNC next year so those grades won't really be on my application (I plan on sending in Fall semester grades along with an update)

some new things to add to this reapplication: MPH (but haven't started..), doula in training, volunteer at clinic (mostly public health counseling), internship later this summer with the surgeon general office (1-2 weeks), some higher positions in the clubs/dance team I am a part of

My gpa has not changed really... is this a significant difference in an application? I was accepted into a medical school that I am not positive I like/is too much money and am thinking about giving it another shot and applying earlier this time

Let me know and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

and I forgot to add that I have been doing biochemistry research for a year and may have a publication by November

My gpa and science gpa are both around a 3.5

mcat is 32 P

I am a reapplicant.

I will be receiving my MPH at UNC next year so those grades won't really be on my application (I plan on sending in Fall semester grades along with an update)

some new things to add to this reapplication: MPH (but haven't started..), doula in training, volunteer at clinic (mostly public health counseling), internship later this summer with the surgeon general office (1-2 weeks), some higher positions in the clubs/dance team I am a part of

My gpa has not changed really... is this a significant difference in an application? I was accepted into a medical school that I am not positive I like/is too much money and am thinking about giving it another shot and applying earlier this time

Let me know and thank you!

Not 100% sure what you are asking here. You say at the end that you were already accepted to a medical school, is it an MD or DO school? What are your major concerns with it? You say you're starting an MPH so have you already turned down the other school? Most people post in this forum to see where they sit to be accepted to any MD (or DO) school and it sounds like you've already been accepted to one but want to reapply anyway. What are your hopes for the next cycle? you must have particular schools in mind you're shooting for if you're thinking about reapplying.