3.62 cGPA, 3.58 sGPA; 31P; CA Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kanye West

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nice ECs. Your stats are right about at the median for those accepted to allopathic med schools. I like your list. I think your chances of an acceptance are good. HBCUs embrace diversity in their class makeup. The MSAR will show you precise statistics on that point. Be sure your activities and goals match the missions of the schools you apply to.

Thanks! Do you think it is even worth it to apply to UCSF and Stanford with these stats? I know I have UCSD on there and I was thinking of taking that off too... I have a feeling I will just be screened out with the low stats

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Do you think it is even worth it to apply to UCSF and Stanford with these stats? I know I have UCSD on there and I was thinking of taking that off too... I have a feeling I will just be screened out with the low stats

Are you an URM?

What do you mean by "brown dude?"

Your application looks relatively strong, especially the ECs. I don't know if you'll be able to stay in state, but you should have at least one acceptance, likely more.

Now have a 3.68 cGPA and 3.67 sGPA

I am thinking of just applying to CA schools this cycle...what do you think are my chances at UCD and UCI?

If I don;t get in, I might just take the MCAT again on a year off and go for a UC again next cycle..it is probably worth it to do this all over again and lose 1 year to save 20 grand a year! (im only 20 years old)

Last edited:
Now have a 3.68 cGPA and 3.67 sGPA

I am thinking of just applying to CA schools this cycle...what do you think are my chances at UCD and UCI?

If I don;t get in, I might just take the MCAT again on a year off and go for a UC again next cycle..it is probably worth it to do this all over again and lose 1 year to save 20 grand a year! (im only 20 years old)

Your chances at Cali schools are not wonderful. I definetely wouldn't recommend only applying to them. Reapplicants are also treated more harshly the second time around. Why not apply OOS as well? You're certainly competitive for many OOS and private schools. I'm not saying that you won't get in to Cali schools, just that your chances aren't great.

Alright so as the result of great spring semester grades but a bad CC course (that I thought was pass fail!) my GPA is now:
3.64 cGPA and 3.63 sGPA

Also I just got a GREAT recc from a professor who is also a practicing MD

Please help me narrow down my school list!

Albany Medical College
Boston University School of Medicine
Creighton University School of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Drexel University College of Medicine
Eastern Virginia Medical School
George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Keck Sch. of Med.University of Southern California
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medici
Medical College of Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Scien
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Stanford University School of Medicine
State University of New York Downstate Medical Cen
Tulane University School of Medicine
UCLA/Drew Medical Education Program
University of California San Diego
University of California San Francisco
University of California, Davis School of Medicine
University of California, Irvine- College/Medicine

I don't think your list needs to be narrowed down any further. 22 schools, for a CA resident, is not that many. Also keep in mind that schools that appear to be safeties based on their admissions stats alone are actually pretty competitive given the number of applications they receive each year (since everyone uses them as safeties). For example, according to last year's MSAR, Drexel received over 12,000 applications and George Washington received over 13,000 applications. That's over twice as many as schools like UCSF or UCSD received that same year, and I wouldn't be surprised if the number of applicants continued to increase. Just something to keep in mind while you're cementing your list of schools.

Last edited:
Alright cool I just added Rush, Jefferson, and PennState...considering replacing Rush with Temple

Time to go broke! Gracias

Last edited:
helping people of panama over spring break lol. Like are you serious....... sounds to me like a vacation