MD & DO 3.63 cGPA 3.55 sGPA 32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

These are my realistic "projected" stats when I will apply next year. Chance me please.

I. School: University of Michigan, AA
Residence: Ann Arbor/In-state

II. AMCAS -
cGPA: 3.63
sGPA: 3.55
- 1 Withdraw
- 2 Retakes (Orgo Chem I ; Phys II)

III. AACOMAS-
cGPA: 3.74
sGPA: 3.7
- Retook Organic Chemistry I (C --> A)
- Retook Physics II (C+ --> A-)
- 1 Withdraw

IV. Year: Senior
- Due to retakes, opting out of my AP Biology credit to take introductory biology courses, a withdraw, not taking enough classes, and taking unnecessary classes, I won't be able to graduate in time and I'll have to take additional Spring/Summer half-terms and an extra fall term. Therefore, during my 'gap year,' I will have to be taking classes in order to graduate.

V. # of Credits listed on transcript when I will apply:
- AMCAS: 110 + 13 (APs)
- AACOMAS: 102 + 13 (APs)

VI. Hypothetical MCAT: 32 (10PS, 11VR, 11BS)
- I just enrolled in an MCAT course and I will be devoting next semester studying for it while taking one class and doing research for independent study credit.
- I am giving a hypothetical estimate of my MCAT score. I believe that's a realistic target I can achieve.

VII. Volunteering
- I have volunteered with the Red Cross since July 2011 to present-day. I volunteer as a first-responder/event medical services.
- ~300 hours by the time I apply

VIII. Research
- Freshman year (Fall 2010-June 2011): I did UROP for independent study credit (~ 9 hours/week) and my project was in an animal medicine lab. I presented a research poster at the annual UROP symposium. I was also listed as a co-author on a paper.
- End of sophomore year (June 2012-present): I worked for pay in a hearing research lab, and am currently doing independent study credit for this year. During the summers I worked anywhere between 25-40 hours/week, and during the school years I work anywhere between 8-13 hours/week. I was first-author on a poster sent to an Otolaryngology research conference, and co-author on others. I will also be listed as a co-author on one or two papers before I leave, and potentially first-author on another.

IX. Clubs
- Journal (Fall 2010-present): I write for a journal on campus. I was a writer for my first two years, then a mid-level editor by junior year, and now the managing/top editor as a senior (basically second in command to the Editor-in-Chief).
- Racq Club (Fall 2012-present): Secretary my first year, and currently President.

X. Shadowing
- I am aiming to have about 50-100 hours of shadowing before I apply.

XI. LORs
- I am aiming to send in ideally 4 letters of recommendation before I apply (1 science professor, 1 non-science professor, 1 from my lab PI, and 1 from a DO).
- These letters likely won't be stellar, but not mediocre either.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning on applying to not only IS programs, but broadly as well to OOS schools. I am applying MD and DO.

The cost of attendance is probably the biggest factor in where I go. I want to go to the cheapest place possible. That's why I would love to go to a school in Texas (also because I have family + nice weather) but I can't imagine I would get in as OOS except maybe at TCOM/UNTHSC.

WAMC in getting somewhere in the country???

Members don't see this ad.

We need a actual MCAT score and a list to really be of much help.

I know it's an assumption/projection but I think I can pull off 30-32 on the MCAT (~10 or 11 in each section).

By list you mean the list of schools of where I would want to apply? Well...honestly, the cost of attendance is a major factor of where I would want to apply.

Therefore, my list would basically be:

1. Michigan (Reach...but I have lived in A2 since I was a kid...maybe I'll get some hometown love?)
2. Michigan State CHM
3. Michigan State COM
4. Wayne State
5. Central Michigan
6. All MD/DO schools in Texas (again...due to cost)